RD's life diary: I'm back (sort of)

firstly rd i am so sorry to hear your dad is poorly
hopefully they`ll take good care of him and make him more comfortable. hugs to you all

secondly i love the cards they look fab
do you have a web site where you sell them?
or have you tried selling them on e-bay
you should i think you`d get some orders there brill

kaz :D

secondly i love the cards they look fab
do you have a web site where you sell them?
or have you tried selling them on e-bay
you should i think you`d get some orders there brill

Thanks Kaz
No - I don't have a website selling them although my daughter is constructing one for me dedicated to James and my efforts to raise a bit of cash for his fave cause. Maybe I could sell them on there.

I've avoided ebay because of their charges (modern day highway robbers!)
I thought I'd take them along to my local car bootie one Sunday (I think they do a discount for charity stalls) so I'm beavering away making as many as I can ... no point in going there with less than 100.

Anyway, thanks again for the positive comments :)

Psst - the sun is shining! <said in a whisper ... don't want to scare it away!>

My diet is a wee bit 'all over the place' at the moment. I do well sticking to a sort-of 790 plan then manage to botch it somewhere along the line.

I've identified my most potentially dangerous times: one of them is when I'm tired. My resolve seems to just melt away when I'm tired ... like last night after my sister and me had taken my mum to hospital after my dad was admitted. I didn't get back until after 11pm and was pooped emotionally and physically ... bingo - I ate a banana. :mad:

Not a hanging offence but I shouldn't have eaten it. My other big 'foodie traps' are when I'm stressed (and there's been a heck of a lot of that lately) and when I'm bored. Those are the big three! Oh for a life with no stress, boredom or tiredness! ;)

I'm taking my mum back over to the hospital at 1.30 today then me and my sis are visiting a bit later. In the interim I'm hoping to take the dogs for a god long walk ... we all need some fresh air after being cooped up yesterday (not to mention I have a banana to walk off!)

Debbie,
i think you are coping amazingly well at the moment, given all you are going thru.
you will need to keep your strength up fo your mum & dad, so in the grand scheem of things, a banana is nothing ~ hey it wasn't a cream tea was it lol
xx

a rather kinky thread title RD! (thats why i popped in... :D )

Hope your dad is feeling more settled today. My dads never been in hosp so totally identified with what u said about him looking terrified. I hope his hospital stay is a short one and that hes feeling better very soon xxx

Hi Debbie, our lives do seem to run similar courses at times! My dad is home from hosp now but not doing very well. We have the GP calling today as he is so exhausted and weak. He kept falling asleep whilst we were with him yesterday and seems to have really gone downhill since coming home. I though it would be the opposite. My 86yr old Mum is not coping very well and looks awful, so tired and thin. honestly if we are not worrying about our kids we are worrying about our parents!
Sorry things are so rough for you at the moment, i would regard just eating a banana as an absolute triumph so try not to be too hard on yourself!

take care, Love

a rather kinky thread title RD! (thats why i popped in... :D )

Thought that title would get you naughty ones out of the woodwork! ;)
I actually have a very naughty story I might share with you one day if I get the nerve up ... thinking about it though, it might just be TOO naughty for this forum! :eek:

Barb - So glad to hear from you ... I was about to send out a search party! Sorry to hear about your dad - it's such a worry isn't it. My poor dad was a sorry sight in that bed last night ... he used to be a larger-than-life character (all 16st of him) but now he's a tad over 11st and is just skin and bone. I feel so frustrated for him: he's only 67 and should be enjoying his retirement!

I still haven't seen my eldest daughter since before she went into hospital - she's obviously still miffed that I didn't visit her (bearing in mind nobody did because of the nature of her illness) but I think she's making a bit of a point of it now as I've offered to go round to hers twice and been knocked back. Also, yesterday she visited my parents after me and my sister were there and then phoned my sister afterwards to check that she (my DD) knew everything there was to know and that my parents weren't keeping anything from her.
She could have phoned me to ask as I knew as much as my sis, having been there at the same time as her, but DD decided to side-step me. Another little slap in the face for me I think.

Anyway, I hope your dad feels better soon Barb - you're right; our lives do seem to run in parallel at times.

gmgifsmiler1112-1.gif

hi RD
sorry your daughter is still being silly
sorry but that`s the only way i can describe what she`s doing to you

rise above it as much as it must hurt
you have lots of things to focus on and her silliness can be left on the back burner for now

th36.gif

I wish I could say I'm doing great on my diet ... but I'm not. I think I'm barely holding back the tide - sticking to packs for one or two meals then sliding on the next.

My dad's condition is worse than we thought. An Oncologist has said that the fluid on the lungs may well be down to my dad's cancer having spread upwards into his stomach / chest cavity and pressing against the lungs themselves.
My dad is going to theatre today so they can perform the fluid draining procedure (I thought it was done under local ... :confused:) and my dad was asked if he wanted to be resucitated in the event of his heart stopping. Being the fighter he is, he said he would: in his words 'I want every minute that's due to me'. Bless him.

Me and my sis have been bolstering my mum up - taking her to and from the hospital and staying with her in the evening until she's ready to go to bed. Last night, that resulted in all three of us having a chow mein from the chinese takeaway (mum hadn't eaten all day) and chatting about the events of the day ... and other lighter trivia.
I know I shouldn't have had the meal but it somehow seemed 'right' for all three of us to eat together.

I'm still also need to be there for my other sister (James' mum) as she's obviously still grieving for her son. His ashes have as yet to be interred: we have that to come.

I'm taking my mum back over to the hospital today and will visit again tonight but first I need to go to work (much as I don't feel like it).

I'll try to stick to my diet as much as possible today: yesterday's effort has probably cost me any weight-loss this week :(

21597t13wnnv5kd.gif

aww RD dont beat yourself up over eating
please just look after yourself the diet can wait you have to much more going on
i prey your dad feels better soon
hugs my friend
we are all here when you need to chat

kaz xx

So sorry Debs o hear about your dad, hope he feels better soon, and that they manage to sort out the fluid.

As for the diet, you are doing the best you can in the circumstances. You haven't given up, you are just adapting it to cope with the way you are living at the moment. You can't do any more than you are doing hun, and I admire your strength at this time x x x

Oh RD, just seems one thing after another for you at the moment.

I know this weight loss seems so important to you at the moment, but so are many things, please dont beat your self up about certain things, you know me, Ive always said that we have to be in a certain place to do SS, and I am pleased that you are managing to do as much as you are.

Much love to you hun x

Hi Debbie

so sorry your poor Dad is suffering so, it is not at all fair, especially as he is so young, he deserves so much more. The situation with my Mum and Dad is different in that they are well into their 80's and have done pretty well so far. However it seems to be catching them up now. Last night we went and helped put Dad to bed as Mum is just so weak and exhausted and today I called the GP out again, he prescribed more antibiotics so hopefully they will start picking up. It is a nightmare, between dad's operated knee, his prostate cancer and his semi blindness it really is tricky.

I hope your dad feels some relief from todays procedure and that you, your Mum and your sister can comfort each other and cope as best you can. Please don't even consider the diet; when stuff like this is going on you realise just how trivial what you do or don't eat really is.

Much love

Think the Thumbodys are fab.
Agree about ebay.
hope you make a good return on them at the car boot (& that it doesn't rain)
Re the diet: Life is always a series of priorities, & we can't tackle the whole of our lives with full vigour all the time. Please don't be upset that it's not going to plan under your current blanket of family stress & illness.
I'm really sorry about your dad's ilness.
How's your mum coping with the 'now' & with the possibility of him getting worse?

If you can hold things together during all this, that will be a victory.

How's your mum coping with the 'now' & with the possibility of him getting worse?

We all think my mum's in a bit of denial about it all. She said to one of my sisters (who was upset at how ill he is) 'Oh don't get upset ... your dad has years left in him yet!'.
He quite plainly doesn't. :( Maybe it's to protect us ... but we're all grown up and I really think it's because she doesn't want to face the inevitable.

Doctors now think the fluid on his lung may be due to the cancer spreading into his lung itself. They haven't put the drain in yet (I think they wanted to put a camera in first to see what's going on) - hopefully they've done the procedure this morning because it's stressful for my dad just waiting for it to be done.

We're ferrying my mum back and to the hospital because otherwise it'd be £8 a day parking fees for her - what a scandal!

I took my little dog to the vets this morning to see if she's pregnant. The vet couldn't confirm it absolutely although she said she could feel something 'suspicious'. Pepper is booked in for an ultrasound scan next Wednesday then we'll know for sure one way or another.

If she is pregnant, the daddy would be my sister's dog William - a Shi tzu. The puppies would be mega cute I have to admit! Pepper is a cross between a miniature German Schnauzer and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel so I guess that would make the puppies Miniature Schnitzels!! ;)

(Schnauzer Shitzu Spaniel) :D

Love the sound of a schnitzal - hope she is preggie. Hope your Dad is getting on better today, it is such a worry for you all. Your Mum is probably inclined like mine; if it hasn't happened then maybe it won't. I believe in their hearts they are as scared as we are but they do have a hope factor that we are too afraid to believe in.

Thinking of you all.

Lots of love

Blimey - what a day!

Took Pepper to the vet, then went into town with my mum and sister to get some bits and pieces, home long enough to sort out laundry and tumble drier, grabbed some lunch then drove my mum to the hospital ... then went to my other sister's house (James' mum) and took her hair extensions out for her ... then onto Asda ... back home, loaded dogs and kids into the car and took them all to run off some steam at Fort Gilkicker on the bay ... dropped them off home and then went over to visit my dad and pick my mum up to take her home. PHEW!! I'm pooped!!

My diet was a bit of a non-diet but wasn't totally terrible - I had a small bowl of cereal for breakfast, a small tin of tuna and a CD bar for lunch and some cottage cheese for dinner. The only really bad bit was some ice-cream eaten after I slumped down on the sofa after a long and arduous day!

I know I shouldn't have really ... but what the hey!
I'll try to keep my eating reasonable tomorrow (think I'll give any ice-cream a miss!).

morning2520coffee2520cup2520winking.gif

blimey RD do you ever stop
buisy buisy buisy

meal choices sounded good and the icecream i hope was a little blob
considering the stresses you are under i think food wise you are doing well
my 1st thing under stress is to eat crap

try taking it easy today if you can
kaz:D

We all think my mum's in a bit of denial about it all. She said to one of my sisters (who was upset at how ill he is) 'Oh don't get upset ... your dad has years left in him yet!'.
He quite plainly doesn't.

Maybe she knows it deep down bu doesn't want to admit it out loud yet. poor mum it must be grim .We're ferrying my mum back and to the hospital because otherwise it'd be £8 a day parking fees for her - what a scandal!
when I was a child the NHS was
'Free at the point of Delivery'
Recently it quite mysteriously became
'Free at the point of NEED'
Not quite sure what political subtlety drove this, but strangely 'need' would seem to encompass the visiting if dying family,yet this is exactly what they are exploiting with their penal parking fees.
I took my little dog to the vets this morning to see if she's pregnant.
If she is pregnant, the daddy would be my sister's dog William - a Shi tzu. The puppies would be mega cute I have to admit! Pepper is a cross between a miniature German Schnauzer and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel so I guess that would make the puppies Miniature Schnitzels!! ;)

(Schnauzer Shitzu Spaniel) :D

MMmmm sounds a lovely & original mix. Glad that the putative dad is't a great dane ( ouch!)
Blimey - what a day!

My diet was a bit of a non-diet but wasn't totally terrible - I had a small bowl of cereal for breakfast, a small tin of tuna and a CD bar for lunch and some cottage cheese for dinner. The only really bad bit was some ice-cream eaten after I slumped down on the sofa after a long and arduous day!

Have you totted up the Cals?
If you'd avoided the iceceram you'd have got 10/10,but even with the ice cream you're probably well inside 'safe limits'
Though portion size was noit discussed:rolleyes:

I know I shouldn't have really ... but what the hey!
I'll try to keep my eating reasonable tomorrow (think I'll give any ice-cream a miss!).
quite right!

morning2520coffee2520cup2520winking.gif

blimey RD do you ever stop
buisy buisy buisy

doesn't sound like it.
try taking it easy today if you can
kaz:D
Kaz ,you seem to have an endless stream of wonderful animations.
are you an IT pro?

Back