Really fed up! Any advice apreciated!

I might sound mad but on the days you exercise you may need to eat abit more, fuel up so to speak, carbs before exercise for fuel and protein after for repair:)

I might sound mad but on the days you exercise you may need to eat abit more, fuel up so to speak, carbs before exercise for fuel and protein after for repair:)

Not mad at all! It's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that. I'll definitely give that a try too! Thanks x

What about trying a success express week. I just been reading my books and thats what its for when u r in rut. Xx

It should be online as well if not let mw know and I will explain ut further. X

How are you getting on?

i know red days are more expensive than green but there are things you can do to keep the cost down...
i buy loads of frozen veg as its cheap and you don't end up throwing half of it away as its gone bad in the fridge. I cook loads of cauliflower then whizz it with my hand blended to make 'mash' it takes up a big portion of your plate and with a little bit of gravy really is just as yummy as potato...you don't need loads of meat on your plate.

i eat lots of mince which is easy to bulk out with grated carrot and when I'm making curries/stews I always add loads of extra veg.

for me, red days mean I have to think more and eat less as a result. If I could eat mug shots etc then I would, even if I was only slightly peckish...on red I may nick a couple of bits of chicken out the fridge or eat an apple and find I don't need anything else. Not sure if what I'm trying to say is coming out right but basically, SW works because your appetite gets smaller as you do...for me extra easy is exactly that...far too easy for my eyes to be bigger than my belly and scoff too much!

I do alternating Green and Red days throughout the week and EE at the weekend. My consultant suggested doing this when I was struggling with the last few pounds. I've now only got 2lb to go to get back to top end of target.

Denise

you have done so well so far!!, I agree with the posts that you could try changing what you eat to have a bit more variety, trying something new for breakfast or lunch etc. good luck x

How are you getting on?

i know red days are more expensive than green but there are things you can do to keep the cost down...
i buy loads of frozen veg as its cheap and you don't end up throwing half of it away as its gone bad in the fridge. I cook loads of cauliflower then whizz it with my hand blended to make 'mash' it takes up a big portion of your plate and with a little bit of gravy really is just as yummy as potato...you don't need loads of meat on your plate.

i eat lots of mince which is easy to bulk out with grated carrot and when I'm making curries/stews I always add loads of extra veg.

for me, red days mean I have to think more and eat less as a result. If I could eat mug shots etc then I would, even if I was only slightly peckish...on red I may nick a couple of bits of chicken out the fridge or eat an apple and find I don't need anything else. Not sure if what I'm trying to say is coming out right but basically, SW works because your appetite gets smaller as you do...for me extra easy is exactly that...far too easy for my eyes to be bigger than my belly and scoff too much!

I have managed a mix of red and green days this week. Tomorrow will be an extra easy day and it's also the day I weigh myself, so fingers crossed. But thanks to you and everyone on here with all the ideas and suggestions, I'm a bit more confident that by this time next week I'll be on my way and back on track! x

I have managed a mix of red and green days this week. Tomorrow will be an extra easy day and it's also the day I weigh myself, so fingers crossed. But thanks to you and everyone on here with all the ideas and suggestions, I'm a bit more confident that by this time next week I'll be on my way and back on track! x

How was weigh in, Angelkitty? Hope it went well for you.​

How was weigh in, Angelkitty? Hope it went well for you.

I lost 1lb so I'm pleased with that. Still have another 3 to go to get back to the weight that is on my stats. I think it'll take a week or two to see any big changes. I will measure myself again next week. I think I will have to look up some red day recipes though. Thanks.

Well done :) x

So much for the broken plateau. After I lost that pound nothing else has been lost. I seem to be losing a bit of my bust with exercise, but that's it. I hate working hard and getting nowhere. :-(

Wow! You are an inspiration! 3 years is a long time to be committed to this diet! I have lost 2 stone over a year and I still have about 1 and a half to go....My goal weight is also 11 stone!. I think you are fantastic for having stuck at it so long...I can't offer any advice...except to say well done so far! I will be interested to read how to kick start it again. Have you done Success express or Fast forward? I know Success express but I just heard mention of Fast forward on this forum this morning. Good luck

I am now in my third year of following SW. Since February I have lost nothing. I keep either maintaining, gaining a pound or two then losing the pound or two. It's like a vicious cycle. About 6 weeks ago I started exercising 4-5 days a week, mainly fat burning cardio exercise. The weight still isn't changing. I make sure that I always weigh and measure my healthy extras and if I have an extra easy day, I make sure I have 30% super free foods on my plate. I tend to alternate green and extra easy days.
I really don't know what else to do. I am a member of SW online, but I can't see anything on there to help me. I will happily accept any words of advice anyone on here has for me. Thanks xx

Thank you very much for your kind words. You look to be doing very well yourself! Well done! I don't really have any details about Success Express or Fast Forward. I'm really going to have to do a bit of research on them both to see if they can make any difference! Good luck with meeting your target! xxxxx

Wow! You are an inspiration! 3 years is a long time to be committed to this diet! I have lost 2 stone over a year and I still have about 1 and a half to go....My goal weight is also 11 stone!. I think you are fantastic for having stuck at it so long...I can't offer any advice...except to say well done so far! I will be interested to read how to kick start it again. Have you done Success express or Fast forward? I know Success express but I just heard mention of Fast forward on this forum this morning. Good luck

Back