Red days better than green for weightloss

sambo

I love green days as I find these easier to cook for and I just have to add a little meat to wahtever I'm eating to satisfy hubby.
However, I've been told that Red days are better for losing weight and that extra easy days are worst.
I realise the diets works differently for everyone but is this generally true? Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

I have found that I lose better on green....I think it is individual but I am sure the lovely people here will let us know.
Good luck babe
Julie
x

Everyone differs as you say...

I like red days - i like my meat - but have had some of my better losses on weeks that have been primarily green days.

They key though is to find what works for you with your lifestyle and to eat what you enjoy - so long as the weight is coming off that's all that counts - not how fast.

it definitely differs person to person, i lose better if i do a right mix of all three! i find if i try and do a week of reds i really struggle for lunches and miss my carbs and that does occasionally lead to being naughty and eating silly things!! do whatever works best for you :) xx

I've only ever done Extra Easy and it works great for me.

I have to admit to being a big fan of red days. I think the minimal carbs suits my system better, but I intend to move to EE for maintenance when I get to target.

I've tried all three, and find EE works best for me in regard to losses.

Massive fan of EE here, Red days make me feel sluggish, and green bloats me, I think you have to find you balance really. It is a fib that losses are slower on EE for everyone, but it depends on each individual.

I love EE, I love my fruit and veg, helps you make sure your getting ur 5 a day!

I do 90% red as i'm not a fan of rice, pasta etc and find if I need them for something the hex allowance of pasta potatoes and pulses is enough.
Last time I was on sw I lost 3.5 st in 16 weeks doing mostly red

I've done Extra Easy since I started and I've lost on average 3lbs a week.

I've lost a total of 24lbs in 8 weeks, I don't think thats too shabby to be honest.

I used to only do red days on my previous attempts at SW - this time around I have done mainly EE & a couple of red and couple of green days' - I have had a good weight loss in just 7 weeks. Hope it continues.

I've done mainly green days, in fact I haven't eaten any meat for at least 5 days and I've had a very slow loss.
I am going to try some red days next week so I will see if that makes a difference for me. I do hope something works as this food optimising is getting boring already!

I do EE but tend to keep carbs to a minimum, they bloat me, so I guess you could say I lean towards red.

But I don't just solely do red because I like the variety with EE, plus I cook for my OH, friends, family etc and it's easier to just accommodate everyone! I find EE meals really appetising and feel satisfied after I've eaten one. Plus, I find snacking hard on red.

So basically, I think it's a personal thing.

I love Red days - but unless i have a full meaty fridge i find it hard to stick to! its a plan you have to PLAN a lot for i think.

Green/EE - easy to grab some savoury rice/pasta and sauce for lunch etc.

x

I dont do red days at all , my last sw journey i lost 7,5 stoine in 18 months

on this journey so far ive lost 1 st 8 in 4 weeks all on green days

I think it just depend son the person :)

I don't really understand EE enough to do it properly. I am following SW at home without ever attending a group. I use the magazines and searches online to help me get by.
I know you are meant to do a 1/3 super free foods for EE but thats as much as I know. At least with red/green, you get an extra B choice which makes me feel like I can have an extra treat during the day. I had 2x alpen light bars which went down well with a cup of tea after a long day at work. It wasn't really a long day, it just felt like it!

I do like to hear others success stories, it helps to remind me that SW does work and will work for me. I just need to be more organised than usual.

Back