Sammeh's Diary

its where you eat only fuit and nuts/seeds. The only supplements you need to take are calcium tablets. It is some variation on veganism but without the dairy (I think) - my sister's friend has been doing it for months and has had brilliant losses and no ill effects. You can eat as much as you want on it.

I haven't looked into it very much though - sounds like a great detox but not sure I could manage it as a way of life forever after - love my meat too much (the curse of being the granddaughter of a butcher!), much to the horror of my veggie hubby!

Anyway, my Mum and Sis are giving it a go for a few weeks as a detox and will decide then if they want to continue with it or move back to WW/SW. Both tried Exante but it wasn't for them. As my sis said, its something different so will be a novelty for a few weeks at least - then if she gets on with it ok she will stay on it for as long as she wants to before moving back to one of the more traditional diets! Both of them have said they feel absolutely amazing on it and neither have felt any effects similar to going into K - I guess because they don't go into K as fruit has carbs - so no headaches etc. Mum had lost 4lbs in the first 3 days and my sis 8 lbs in the first 3 days - but again, that is just water retention so they are going to see how the losses average out over the next few weeks.

I can't advocate or recommend it as a diet as, as I have said, I don't really know much about it - my sis has spoken with a nutritionist but I haven't managed to catch up with her properly to see what was said.

i am going to let them be the lab test rats for it and if it goes well for them may do a month of Exante, then a month of that before moving onto WW/SW to maintain. As it is summer and I love fruit, I am hoping that for me this will work - if I have deadlines, I find it easier to stick to something as lets face it, 4 weeks is nothing! It was around that time on Exante that I started to get bored and then before I new it was getting back to the treats on a weekend and then a full 11 days off last week! So 4 weeks of Exante, 4 weeks of fruit and then re-evaluate.

So, after today, only 27 days to go!!!! Might have to start a new ticker - LOL

Good luck with the new start Sammeh- hope all goes well for you on this journey. Now all these bank holidays are out of the way- hopefully it will be a a little easier for you. Take care xxx

Thanks LadyG. Day 1 is done and I feel a lot better this morning already compared to how I felt yesterday morning - probably all in my head!

Well, nothing else for it I guess, going to hve to do the dreaded weigh in to see what damage was done......then on to work. Only another 1.5 days in the office for me this week - not sure how I am going to cope!!!!

Have a great morning ladies and gents and will check in on you all in a bit.

Sam
xx

Keep up the good work Tasha!! x

Is on form again!

And the results are in - quite depressing but could have been worse I guess!:wave_cry:

So, have redone signature and ticker but this time I have gone from my proper starting weight in January when I decided enough was enough rather than my Exante start date so that I can see how I have done overall rather than split it into chunks (that makes sense to me anyway!). Have also changed my goal weight - no matter how much I kid myself I will never get to the weight I was when I was 18 and be able to maintain it so new and more realistic goal weight has also been set. :copon:

So, firstly, get back into the 11 stones (where I was at before my holiday) - which means 3 lbs to go immediately - achievable I think! ;):scale:

Secondly, I want to be back on track again so this month need to work extra special hard and loose 17lbs to get into the 10 stones - not so easily achievable but if I exercise as well as TS for the month I am hoping to be able to do this. :chores016:

So June and July shall be spent aiming for the last 20lbs but most probably not TS but with adding a meal.

So that is the new plan! Newly focussed mindset, game plan all laid out, now lets just make sure this baby doesn't crack again!!!! :banghead:

New weigh in date as well as Mum and Sister are weighing in on Fridays so I will change my weigh in day to Friday as well. Means this week I won't have much of a loss from weigh in today (Wednesday) to Friday - or might just skip this Friday and go straight through to next week - yeah right, like I can stay off the scales that long!!!

Well, thats me for the morning! Must crack on with some work. Have a good day folks.

Sam

So, day 2 almost cracked. Bar and shake down and one more shake to go before bed - might make it a hot chocolate one!

15 mins on cross trainer tonight - definitely hard work! Hopefully it will get easier week on week and by the time I get to the end of May I will be reading this back and going "phah, only 15 mins, what a woss I was!!!" - but very much doubt that!

You sound so focused again Sammeh, it's brilliant. The cross trainer sounds great, hopefully it will help make it fun again to exercise. I'm sure those 3lbs will be gone really quickly to get back into the 11's :) You'll be in ketosis again soon, and back in the zone :D

Omg 15 minutes is brilliant! I couldn't even manage five so well done! Day two done woohoo!!! Well done Sam! Xxx

So, let day 3 begin - I am gonna kick the hell out of today!!! Only half day in the office then back to home town and out of the nasty smoke ridden city for another 4 days!!! hair cut this afternoon and then prep for bibsies birthday party starts!!!!

Couldnt sleep last night - woke up at 2.30 and eventually got back to sleep again round about 4.30ish so perhaps a wee nap on the train back from London will be in order!!!

Have a great day everyone!

S

So, sneaky peaky weigh in whilst waiting for Mother this morning - 3lbs gone - Yay, I am back into the 11's!! Whoop whoop!

Official weigh in tomorrow but changed by stats today anyway as makes me feel better!

Day 3 off to a flying start!!! Even walked up the stairs to the office rather than get the lift, all 67 of them! Couldn't speak or breathe by the time I reached the office though!!! LOL

Have a good day everyone!

Love Sam
xx

Hey guys!

Well, I came sooo close to eating about an hour or so ago and then I pictured having to admit to Crystal that I had given up the ghost already and you know what, I took those oven chips off the tray, put them back in the freezer, wrapped up the remains of the meat and put that in there too, down a chocolate shake in record time and have cracked open a bottle of Coke Zero!

So, thanks CG - you appear to have become my angelic conscious already!!!!

Had a lovely afternoon - got hair all coloured and new style cut - now doing nails and brows, Mum bought me a new shirt for the meeting tomorrow and thank goodness I have lost weight as I fit comfortably in my nice suit - so, almost ready for my big meeting tomorrow!

Bit of background reading tonight and let my nails dry and then early to bed and before I know it, it will be lunchtime on day 4! Woohooo.

Official weigh in is in the morning as well!

Right, off to get cracking in tidying up my nails!

Ooh well done honey! That's fab, crisis averted. Wanna see your hair tho.
Bin is safe, thankfully I'm not that desperate. Yet. :D

Wishing you lots of luck for tomorrow, you better update us regularly tho! Hugs x

well, as weigh in day is changing results are in for the first 3 days on the restart.................................6lbs gone already - OMG, am sooo over the moon with that - it means that all the weight gained on my holiday has already gone!!!!

And, it is my little bibsies first birthday today! As my hubby just said, this time last year I was screaming in agony. My retort was that this time last year I was high as a kite on gas and air!!! LOL

CG, will try to figure out how to add pics to profile here so you can see the new "Do"! Doesn't look half as nice this morning as it did yesterday though!

Day 4 here I come!

Love Sam
xxxxxx

Last edited:
Omg wow! Yipeeeeee! Soooooo pleased for you :) you're a star! Enjoy the rest of the day with your gorgeous little girl (but no cake!!!)

so, we are supposed to be keeping all bibsies pressies for the party on Sun - is it really bad that so far I have opened everything and then resealed it?!!!!!

Hello! Hope you're well, she won't know about the pressies but you are quite naughty ;) have a good day x

Back