~Sass's Food Diary~

Hello! I don't think cherry toms are allowed (not in my edition of the book anyway) but I eat them as I don't think I could do without tomatoes, and don't tend to find they use up too many of my carbs.

Hope that helps!

My 90s version of the book allows tomatoes on induction. I used to eat cherry toms when I first did the diet and they didn't seem to stall me. They are a fairly high carb veg though (well, technically fruit), which is why I don't eat them much any more, I'd rather have a larger amount of salad or peppers or whatever.

I eat them too Sass & usually about three/four in a salad but I weigh everything, I'm a hopeless guesser.

I'm going to have a beef curry tonight using jim's curry recipe

Curry. I use this with all meats, not just chicken

This works really well.
Finely chop half an onion and fry in extra virgin olive oil until brown.
Add salt to taste
Add 4 cloves of garlic and about inch root ginger finely chopped.
Add about teasp of cumin seeds
Add 2-3 green chillies finely chopped (add more or less to get the right heat!)
Chop two fresh tomatoes and add and fry untill cooked.
Add 1lb cubed raw chicken breast and fry until cooked.
Now add just enough water to cover and simmer for 20 mins.
Then uncover and reduce liquid (boil rapidly) until it is the consistency you like.
Add half a teasp of garam masala
sprinkle with a generous ammount of fresh corriander

The only difference is i dont have any onion to put in but i will be adding 2 teaspoons of mixed peppers and 2-3 cherry toms, may add a small amount of cream to it to make it abit thicker. Thing is i dont have a clue what the carb count for this curry would be, does anyone know ?

It's probably not too bad, but WARNING, stuff I post is what I eat on Maint. :D

Did you enjoy it is the question. :)

Yesterday's food.

B - Mushroom Omelette - 3
cheese - 1

L - 1 Cup salad with
prawns in mayo - 6

D - Beef Curry - 5
1 cup of broccoli - 5
1 cup of cauliflower - 5

Total - 25g

I did a ketosis test this morning and i'm only just in the pinks, i think i'm over doing the carbs. Since my bun incident which i think was Thursday i haven't been in ketosis and its now 4 days since then, so i must be doing something wrong. Going to drop right back down to basics this week and get back on track. I think it might be in my interest to stay on induction for another 1 to 2 weeks.

Making things like curry's and stir fry's this past week has been yum but i'm worried these are all effecting me getting back into ketosis properly as i'm being bad and not counting the carbs in them properly.

It was very yummy jim, its funny you should say about it being on maint because i get the feeling im over doing things without realising it. Going to fix that this week.

I'd like to see more green leaf veggies in your eating Hayley.

Todays Back to Basic's Food Plan !!!

B - 2 egg omelette Plain - 0
L - 6 spears of asparagus - 4
2 poached egg - 0

D - *Left over curry - 5*
1 cup of cauliflower - 5
1 cup of brocolli - 5

Total - 19g

*Counting curry as 5 as i did put peppers in and a few cherry toms's.*

After the curry is gone i will be strearing clear of this and stir fry's until i'm out of induction at least.

Such as cabbage, spring greens and curly Kale jim ? I must admit my veg/salad has only really been.....

Lettuce
Spinach ( could eat this till i look like http://api.ning.com/files/FIt*ZFe6w...I7UqGFs-edKYirRNHDLGF7vplCsekym7uL/popeye.gif)
Broccoli
cauliflower

Thats a pretty boring bunch of veg and salad now i come to think of it and tbh i could do alot better. My brother works on a fruit and veg stall at our local market and though he is abit reluctant to be bring stuff home i could always go and get it which is only 10min walk away so MY IS VERY BAD REALLY :whoopass:.

I cant get over how easy my first week was and then my second week i go and mess it right up, maybe i was over confident with things such as me eating cashews. Anyway i knows me mistakes now so i'm going to be a good girl now.

I buy most weeks.

Kale, Pak Choi, Choi sum, savoy cabbage, spring cabbage when it's in season, spinach, Fennel, celery aubergine, Chinese cabbage and broccoli Hayley.

There are so many things you can eat on Atkins, I love it and never get bored with all that variety, even on induction I ate a really varied diet Hayley. It takes planning though.

B - Cheese Omelette - 2
2 Rashers of bacon - 0
Creamy coffee - 1

L - slice of Crustless
broccoli quiche - 3g
per slice

D - Lamb Steaks - 0
1 cup Curly Kale & Leek - 5
1 cup cauliflower - 5

Total - 16g

Afternoon peeps,

Hope your all having a good day ? Weather is total rubbish here, i hope it isn't like this for the whole of the kids summer hols, though that tends to be the story.

I have taken the advice of jim to add more veg's to my meals. I have planned my whole weeks food, I reckon this will also mean more variety in my meals too as i know what i'm shopping for and i'm not just picking up random stuff when i'm walking around the shops, which is what i did last week.

Not so sure i will get a loss this Wednesday as i did have that bad Thursday last week which threw me out of ketosis and its taken me until today to get back into ketosis properly again and its also my totm week but i will be happy as long as i don't gain this week.

I've got my yummy broccoli quiche baking in the oven, hope it turns out okay. Its abit of a late lunch come snack though as i have had a busy day, with the kids at home.

Whilst i was in sainsbury's today i had a look at sausage's so i can make a sausage quiche but i really wasn't sure whats good and whats bad on the sausage front or even if i can have then on induction ?

If anyone reads this and knows if i can have them and of a good place to find the best one's i would be so greatful. A nice sausage quiche is sounding really yummy to me.

The mattesons smoked sausages are 0 carbs well the original flavoured one infront of me now is!!

the also have garlic , hot spicey and reduced fat but im not sure of the carb value in those.

but i suppose this isnt the kind of sausage you were after??

Co-op does aberdeen angus chilli burgers 1 Carb each burger and they are yummy yumm yumm

Hi Viks - I think mattesons could work, i do like the sound of the hot n spicy one. Sadly we don't have a co-op near, thanks for the mattesons idea.

update re my crustless broccoli quiche - it was yummylicous !!! i will make that again for sure and the good bit is i can keep it in the fridge for a few days and have for my breakie.

Thanks Laura. I was looking at the sainsburys taste the difference ones but after looking at some of the other sausages and the carbs in them i decided its best to ask first. I will grab some next time i'm in sainsbury's.

I agree a sausage thread is the way to go :D

Back