Scrumpers diary the revenge !!!!

one of the old ladies in the village told me that several children had chicken pox... (and gastroenteritis!)...

blimey its all going round
Dyls fine hes happy that hes home lazy minx
im just about to give him his homework , so that should put a spanner in his computer works !!! he he

ok today waiting for the gas man then tidying a cupboard out then pick up girls what a sad boring day
B poached egg on dukan toast
L ham dikan sandwich
D chicken not sure what type yet
sf jelly

been on the scales twicethis week and seem to have a big loss , not noting anything till weigh in tomorrow though

morning all
Well totally shocked at weight loss this week had lost the 4lb by tuesday so thought that was it but then weighed twice this morning and another 1lb gone !!!!
have no idea why either , the only thing different ive done this week is drank 1/2 ltre of water before i go to sleep .....
anyway i am 1lb form the 5 stone off mark thats nearly a third of my before body weight gone ..... ive also 8 lbs till the first goalmark gosh its getting scary now

Right also rang for xray results today , lungs are clear !!!!!! relieved or what , still have to check for cardio pullmanry (sp ) and empy but i can deal with that better .....or i could just be a very unfit bird lol !!!
nothing on today its a bit chilly and icy dyl still off school spots going though
food today
B dukan toast and poached egg
L low fat sausage as a treat in dukan bread
D roast beef and morrocan salad , sf jelly

just rambling to my self ....... although this weigh loss is great im still flabby , so i suppose toning up will be in order !!! what to do is my question
swimming ?
Walking ?
wii fit ?
will have to do something as i feel fat even though im losing still have baby jelly belly . but also the tops of my legs my nemisis seems so fat still

Wonderful news about the clear lungs, scrumper! :)

Toning really should help - but please be very careful if you're having breathing problems, especially if you intend to do any cardio.

Pilates is very good for toning, but I'd highly recommend that you attend a class at first because you really need to get the correct breathing and positioning (helps prevent injuries and makes the exercises so much more effective). Then you can buy DVD's to use at home whenever you want. Varying them is good, so that your body doesn't become too used to one particular routine. I find the Stott Pilates series to be excellent, and they're great at helping you with performing the exercises correctly. They're available on amazon - but be sure to choose the DVD Region 2 version for playing in the UK, otherwise you'll end up with North American Region 1.

Walking is good for toning the legs. You can do it outside, but there are also "in-home walking" DVD's. These combine walking with exercises and can be pretty effective. I'm currently using a Lesley Sansone DVD called "Walk Away the Pounds: Ultimate Collection". It has 4 routines - 1 mile, 2 miles, 3 miles and 4 miles. This involves brisk walking, incorporating various exercises whilst walking and the use of a resistance band (one was included with the DVD I bought). So you can build up as your stamina improves. Also great for bad weather days when you might not fancy walking outdoors. Again, these are available on amazon - but only for Region 1 (North American), which you will only be able to play in the UK if you have a region-free DVD player.

Exercises such as squats and lunges are also great for toning legs and buttocks. Be sure to always warm up and then stretch afterwards, though, so that you don't injure yourself.

ETA: I've changed this post as I forgot to mention the DVD regions.

Last edited:
What a relief Scrumps...! And an amazing 5lb loss too! Well done! You've really been through some tough times yet stuck to the straight and narrow!

Ooops! I should have pointed out that the 2 DVD series that I recommended are from North America. Unfortunately, the Lesley Sansone ones are Region 1 only - so you'll only be able to play them if you have a region-free DVD player. Happily, Stott Pilates DVD's are available in Region 2, but remember to check the description to make sure you buy that instead of the North American Region 1 version.

or, if you open the front door, there's a whole world out there to walk in and explore ;)

Seriously DD... interesting DVDs indeed. I wanted to buy Series 3 of "Mistresses" for an English friend in Philadelphia. Can you help me find a link to buy it please? (dumb-blonde.com)

just rambling to my self ....... although this weigh loss is great im still flabby , so i suppose toning up will be in order !!! what to do is my question
swimming ?
Walking ?
wii fit ?
will have to do something as i feel fat even though im losing still have baby jelly belly . but also the tops of my legs my nemisis seems so fat still

i know how you feel with that. I lost 17kg and actually weigh less than when i first fell pregnant but my belly is less than disgusting and i still cant wear bathers without shorts on. Im thinking of getting a personal trainer in the next couple of weeks (cos i deserve it) and will let you know what they suggest re the baby belly and thighs

thanks hun and for the crimpline skin look !!!!
im supposed to be training for this walk in march too
i do recall i used to walk 4 miles a day then moved and stopped walking before i became breathless , wonder if its that ......
anyhow i think ive knocked myself out of ket some how wondering if it was the sugar free sweets shouldnt be but i bet ive missed something ....been starving today , just put some chicken legs in the oven , for later on to snack on .

Can sympathise, Tan and Sue. Never had a totally flat belly to begin with but I wish I could have what I had pre-kids now (which, of course, I didn't appreciate at the time).

Still, by the time we're OAPs, we won't care;).

Never had so don't miss... (I even have a party trick - I can grab a load of skin and pull it out up and over! Bet you can't do that!)

or, if you open the front door, there's a whole world out there to walk in and explore ;)

Seriously DD... interesting DVDs indeed. I wanted to buy Series 3 of "Mistresses" for an English friend in Philadelphia. Can you help me find a link to buy it please? (dumb-blonde.com)

Unfortunately, whilst there appear to be North American compatible versions of series 1 and 2, Jo, the 3rd doesn't seem to be available (legally) yet. Also, they are VERY expensive!

The problem is that it's usually pretty easy for us in the UK to watch North American discs on our DVDs as both our players and TVs can handle the NTSC format. However, it's a different story for North Americans. Their NTSC TVs and DVD players can't handle our PAL format.

I'm afraid that unless she definitely has a TV and DVD player which can handle PAL (unlikely), she'll need to wait for the expensive North American official edition of series 3. (If she was very, very naughty, she could download them via torrent, probably.)

afternoon all
sorry been a bit absent this weekend, been manic here !!!
diet was a bit hit and miss definately out of Ket no idea how so been starving and last night succumed to some nice biscuits ....was good apart from that , but dare not get on the scales ....wondering if totm is on its way again aswell , still im back on it today !!!
did go for a 3 mile walk yeasterday and today i have walked round town for 3 hours so have had some exercise ....
food
sat
B sausage dukan sandwich
L chicken
D chicken
sunday
Bdukan sausage sarnie
L chicken quater
D chicken and morrocan salad
3 nice biscuits !!!

Monday
B dukan toast poached egg and sausage
L ham dukan sandwich
D steak and chicken

it always amazes me how you don't snack hun :)

as for totm - we're synched ;) and mine is due...so sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but mother nature's on the way :( bah humbug xxx :)

yeah baaaaaahhhhhh humbug ...i do have that feeling !!!!!
i dont usually want to snack , but this weekend ive been really wierd ....i havent had jelly for a few days so will make some up in a minute as i do snack on that at times but for get to add it down

im in a size 12 now for a lot of stuff and i got my jacket that ive kept for 13 yrs , on last night does up and fits in so pleased !!!!

Back