September (re) starting CD club!!

Day 2

Hi everyone,

Thanks about your advice about finding a new CDC, I'll look into it tonight - mine is also charging £39.00 per week which is more that others are paying (and that's really annoying!!).

Anyway, it's day 2 and I've been starving all day, it seems that everyone eats all the time and all my colleagues are saying " eew, how can it eat that stuff, it smells awfull" it was only tomato soup!!

Still determined tho. BTW, how often do you guys weigh yourselfs?

Bx

Hi guys - checking in for the first time today :)

hope you all had a good day - my headache from hell is still around - despite god knows how many tablets in me today :(

Hopefully tomorrow will be better....have managed to stick to CD again today - tomorrow marks the end of my 4th week and I start AAM on Saturday - YAY !!

Only downer is - I weighed myself this morning (I know, I know - shouldn't be hopping on and off the scales) - and I haven't lost an ounce !!! how bad is that ??!!! WI on Saturday and hoping for even a little loss - I mean how can ya survive on so few calories without losing weight :confused:

Collected my next 4 week supply of CD packs from my CDC and when I got home and checked - found that I'm a couple of shakes short :rolleyes: - she's an hour away so I phoned her (not in - as usual) and left a message to ask her to post them to me...will wait and see if she does - won't be surprised if she doesn't - I mean she never even phones to find out how WI has gone ! how she fills in her records for me is beyond me !! To say she's not supportive is an understatement !!! So much for the 'support of a CDC being fundamental to the programme'!!! Just as well I'm managing OK on my own so far - without you guys I'd be well & truly stumped !! THANKS :D

Sorry to ramble on...off to put kids to bed - catch ya later..

hugs

1st week weigh-in

My husband and I started CD a week ago and we have found it all pretty ok. We were weighed tonight and have done well. Me = 14 lbs Hubby = 13 I found it difficult knowing he was having 4 packs to my 3 but the support we give each other is great. We talk alot about how we would have dealt with situations normally e.g. when a guy approached us in the supermarket asking if we wanted to 2 cakes for 15p as the shop was soon closing. We also got a letter addressed to 'The Pizza Lover' which contained a ridiculous amount of coupons for food deals. We were not impressed as it arrived during a weaker moment for us both (when we got in from work). Haven't told many people. I'm waiting for them to notice then I'd tell them.

Keep up the good work

Helen

P.S. This website is gr8 for support and ideas.

Hi Everyone, Well have stuck rigidly to this since official weigh in and haven't lost an ounce despite being really good even down to the 6l water a day which is killing me to drink! But have book hol for end of Oct and determined to have been in maint for a couple of weeks by then.

Gilly - If we're both in Aberdeen, feel free to call me if it would be helpful while your partner is offshore. My DH works away a lot (not offshore) and my coping strategy for him being away was to stop at the McDonald's at Bridge of Don on the way home. Now what I do is not try to resist the McD's, I just say to myself that I'm not slowing down to make the left turn. Stupid, but it works (usually)

Also, I seem to have lucked out with my CDC - she's fantastic - always has a good stock, sends texts in the week, is flexible about meeting, she's even offered to drop a flavour off at my house when she didn't have it one week and she's 12miles away. Just to embarrass her, it’s Teresa in Ellon!

Good Luck everyone for Friday.

Hi all,

hope everyone ok??

Well just to let you know that i have managed to lose 5 lbs this week and it is quite a good feeling!!!

A fair way to go yet, but i am staying positive.

Butty.xxx

Hi all!
Well done Butty, thats a real boost.
Soraya, I have that McD's to contend with too! will think of you while passing it tonight! LOL!!!
Debz, I am really disappointed to hear about your CDC. That is awful. I go to a different one from Soraya, but she is absolutely ace. She phones me at least once a week and we email each other too! I couldn't cope without her. When I go each week to get weighed, she and I have a real good chat.

Good luck over the weekend all!

Afternoon ladeez ;) how are we all today ??!!

Pleased to report that my bl00dy headache has GONE - YIPPEEE !!! feeling much better today...but weighed myself thismorning (official WI Saturday) and STILL HAVEN'T LOST ANYTHING :mad: really cheesed cos I have stuck rigidly to the plan.....

not planning to give up - will keep on plodding...bound to lose next week...

glad it's the weekend - although have a full schedule ahead of me over the next couple of days with the kids....so no lie-in I'm afraid !!

I'm sure I'll catch up with u all later.....have a FAB weekend :D

Hi everyone
Been maxed out at work so haven't been online for a couple of days but I'm glad to see everyone is doing ok. Went to see my CDC tonight to get more supplies and WI and I have now offically lost a stone in just under 3 weeks!!!! I love this diet! Well it's late and I'm tired so I'm off to bed but I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you xx

hi everyone, day 4 for me and still sticking to it ok :)

I have always been an emotional eater though so don't know how long it's going to last. Hopefully I will have more positive thoughts about that than negative ones.

Morning ladeez - hope we are all OK ???

Week 4 WI for me this morning - and only lost a pound (1lb) :(

Mind you it is TOTM and I normally put ON about 5lbs - so maybe it's just fluid retention and I have lost :confused: I have stuck to this to the letter for the last 4weeks so at least I know it's nothing I've done (eaten !) that I shouldn't....

On a brighter note - today is the start of my AAM week - and I'm having cod/broccoli/cauliflower for tea - can't wait - YUM :D

Also - got my ketostix yesterday and tested this morning (was concerned that having a bar a day might have knocked me out of ketosis) - anyway it was pink - the 3rd one across on the wee (excuse the pun !) bottle...does that mean I'm IN ??? or should it be darker :confused:

Off to enjoy the beautiful day outside.....hope you all have a fab weekend :D :D

hugs

Hi Guys

Eventually the weight has shifted. Only one pound but now at 155 - never seen before on CD. 11 lbs to go.

Debz, My weight loss always slows down on TOTM, but it means a higher loss the week after usually.

Hope the week end goes well for everyone

Soraya

Hi Guys

Eventually the weight has shifted. Only one pound but now at 155 - never seen before on CD. 11 lbs to go.

Debz, My weight loss always slows down on TOTM, but it means a higher loss the week after usually.

Hope the week end goes well for everyone

Soraya

Hi Soraya - only 11lbs to go ?? :eek: that is brill - u'll be there in no time - well done :D

Thanks Debz - it's been a long haul! Not on CD, but it's taken me 20 years to get to the place where I can lose the weight. I posted on the board that Ive been losing weight in my head for 2 years as I figured out why I was overweight. Wish I'd known about CD and could have done both at the same time.

I started CD on 4 June and lost very quick, then panicked when I got to a stone to go. Not used to actually losing weight rather than trying to lose it! After a few weeks of putting on the glycogen and then losing it again, I have started to lose again. Have lost 40.5lbs and have 10.5 to go. This is the only diet I've ever done that works for me and I have tried them all. Having said that, I found low carb did kill my cravings and stop my weight from going up and up, so am planning that for when I go into maintenance. Listen to me - when I go into maintenance. When I started on the boards and people said that I was so annoyed and envious - I can't believe I'm actually thinking about it like it's going to happen!

Thanks Debz - it's been a long haul! Not on CD, but it's taken me 20 years to get to the place where I can lose the weight. I posted on the board that Ive been losing weight in my head for 2 years as I figured out why I was overweight. Wish I'd known about CD and could have done both at the same time.

I started CD on 4 June and lost very quick, then panicked when I got to a stone to go. Not used to actually losing weight rather than trying to lose it! After a few weeks of putting on the glycogen and then losing it again, I have started to lose again. Have lost 40.5lbs and have 10.5 to go. This is the only diet I've ever done that works for me and I have tried them all. Having said that, I found low carb did kill my cravings and stop my weight from going up and up, so am planning that for when I go into maintenance. Listen to me - when I go into maintenance. When I started on the boards and people said that I was so annoyed and envious - I can't believe I'm actually thinking about it like it's going to happen!

Hi Soraya - you've done really well :)

know what you mean about getting your head in the right place ;)

and maintenance for you is not so far away - well done !

great idea

hi my name is donna and i started on friday not struggling yet but i hve great goal to aim for dont know if that helps x donna

hi my name is donna and i started on friday not struggling yet but i hve great goal to aim for dont know if that helps x donna

Hi Donna - welcome aboard :)

what's this goal then ?? do tell....;)

Hey
I'm Heather, restarting CD..was on it a few months back, went from 18st10lbs to 16st 7 in 2 months then had to stop due to having no money and little motivation. Got a new job now with free gym and new things to motivate me so hopefully will see this thing through now.
I have been to my new counsellor tonight and I weigh 18st 0 but to be fair in my time off I have eaten really, really badly. I am hoping to be between 8 and 9 stone which is a little bit light for my height (I'm 5'6") but I have a tiny frame, with little hands and feet!

Hi Heva, Have you started yet? A job with a fee gym sounds really good. I keep telling worrying about the cost of this but my DH said it was worth it and cheaper than buying bigger clothes (he meant well!) - he's since changed his mind as he says he hadn't factored in buying new clothes!

Good luck and you're in the right place, the support from here has been amazing for me.

Got a new job now with free gym and new things to motivate me so hopefully will see this thing through now.

That's excellent! They can be so pricey these days:eek:

Back