Shall we get to know each other better??

This thread is fab....

My name is Julie.. I am 35 years young and regressing every day.....:silly:
I have tried and tested every diet in the universe 10 times and failed miserably...
I found VLCD's this year and felt like at last I had found the thing for me....

I have 2 gorgeous boys.. Ben is 10 and Adam is 13..(they are my heartbeat)
I was married for 13 long long years to my first husband.. thankfully I escaped but not before I pileing pounds and pounds on through comfort eating (well stuffing really)..

I got married again in 2005 to a gem of a man.. Den.. He has completely changed my outlook on life (and he is 9 years younger than me:giggle: ) his only downside is his job.. He manages a Dominos Pizza shop.. Not good when they are fav food and free....

I have a hienze 57 pooch called podgy (hense my user name)
A fancy rat called Ned and a fish called sponge (Bob is no longer with us)..
I am soon to be the proud owner of 2 chicken that will live in thier litttle chicken house in my garden....

I was well over 30stone when I started this and now in only a few weeks I am 6st 6lbs lighter and over the moon.. Like many have said I am sick of shopping in evans but more than that I was sick of feeling 80years old and sick of having to ask the kids to put my socks on..
After years of punishing myself with food I have realised that I am ok actually and I deserve a good future...:bliss:
Love to everyone..
px

Im Lisa, 42 years old. Ive been with hubby,Perry, for nearly 20 years (god thats scary) and we have a 14 yearold daughter and a son who's 11. No pets but me and the kids are working on that one. I teach life skills to low ability 15-16 year olds. I have been on a diet all my life but this time is it, this year i get to goal!

Hi all Im Mandy 41 and married for almost 19 years
We have 3 children 4 dogs and 3 cats its a mad house usually. My husband and I run a catering business which is pretty hard going when your dieting.
Lovely to meet you all x.

Hi I am Paula and 37 years old. I live in North Wales but come from sunny Liverpool. I have 2 girls, 1 aged 17 (18 in May) and the youngest is 13.

I have felt like an old woman for years because my weight was holding me back. I had the best comment yesterday, my uncle said my looks have changed and i have gone from a frumpy mum to a little girl (who could ask for more).

I am married Kevin, been married for 8 years on 27th March (no romantic meal this years i am afraid), we have been together for years and years but it only feels like yesterday we met.

I am really glad i was introduced to minimins as it has been lovely meeting you all and sharing my journey with you x

Hi All
My name is Sam , i'm 31 soon be 32 on sat !!!
Going out with a few of the girls and cant wait , ive been doing LT for 10-12 weeks now and lost 2 stone something , would like to lose another 1.5 !!!

I am a single mum with 2 children Sammy -jo aged 15 and will aged 8 , kids dont always get along . can spend most of my time between them LOL

I am the youngest of 5 , dont get along with most of my siblings my eldest brother is 53 so think the age gap doesnt help , or the fact that he is a n arragant git !!!!

My parents are in there 70's as we speak my dad is in hospital , he has bladder cancer so he is having some treatment .
My mum is a gem , so down to earth and an absoulote nutter !!! She also has cancer , but has had it since i was 13 and has defeated all the doctors as they gave her 18 months to live :eek:

Im on here because of my special friend SONKIE , if it wasnt for her help and support over the last year and a half im not sure i would be the person i am today xxx Thanks mate for all you do xxx

Im losing weight for me , but also cos i want to see the reaction of my ex when he gets back on 30th march !!!! LOL

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No pets !!!!
Like alcohol but staying off it for a while !!! well untill saturday , well its my birthday xxx

Excellent thread xxx

Hello, I'm Laura.

I am 27 years old and live in Suffolk. I am divorced and now living the single life :eek: !

I have one wonderful older sister (Kerry) who will be 30 in August and she has a little boy Jacob (who I have just remebered is asleep in my bed!!!) who will be 5 next week. Jacob is my shining star and keeps me going everyday, can't remember life without him :) .

I am training to be a driving instructor and will be hopefully fully qualified in the next few months.

I would like to get married again, when and if I meet the right man and have lots of children, but at the moment I am taking time out for myself. :D

Good idea Sarah....have loved reading all the posts x x

Hi I am Kerry, 29, dreaded 30 in August!!

Desperate to loose masses of weight before then - had first weigh in today and have lost 12lb so that's a good start! Had a little nibble on Saturday, but am totally determined not to this week!

I have a little boy, Jacob, who is 5 next week. He is staying at my sister's tonight. We are doing this diet together and she keeps me going! She does a lot for me and Jacob which we appreciate very very much!

I am very proud of my efforts in the past week and especially proud of my lil sis considering the way things have been going for her for late - love ya lil sis!!

Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey!

Thought i'd join in

Hi all

My name is Naomi, i'm 25yrs old. Been married to Husband:rolleyes: (Mike) for 4yrs now. Seem to have a bad habit of calling him Husband:eek: forget what his name is sometimes now lol.

Recently moved back to London after moving up to Coventry, was there for 3yrs but couldnt stand the boredom any longer(probably the reason i ate myself to the size of a house) so i came back to where i belong.

I am a stay at home mum of two rascals, my daughter Tiyana is 10 and my son Jayden is 2 and a half.

I am on here to finally lose this weight that has made me feel like an old woman for so long. The way i see it is i will not let my weight get me down, i will get down my weight:D

Goodluck everyone

Hi, this is a great idea..... I'm Karen (obviously) and 34 years old (obviously). I'm single and live alone in a small village just outside of Cardiff. I lived in Berkshire for 12 years but decided to move back home 12 months ago (stayed with same company). I'm a Sales Manager for an office interiors company and manage the south wales and southern england territory. I drive a lot! I work hard and play hard.... Work 12-15 hours a day mon-friday then out partying fri and saturday nights. I'd luv to meet a nice fella to pamper and spoil me and despite losing over 6 stone, i still can't find a keeper! My quest continues haha.

I hadn't realised you lost so much weight as your pic looks as though you never have been so big ... if you know what I mean.

WOW.

Well done.

Great thread SARAHP.

This thread is a great idea Sarah!

Hi, I'm John, I'm 35 years old. Originally from Chester, but moved down to London about 12 years ago. I'm seperated from my wife, and have a four year old son who spends half the week with me. I know it's a cliche, but he's my world...

I used to be a stand-up comedian (no jokes please!), but gave it up last year, mainly due to my increasing size - although I used to make jokes about it all the time, I wasn't happy at all and began to lose my confidence. One of my aims is to get slim, get writing, and have the confidence to give it a go again. In the meantime I work as a graphic designer.

Everybody else seems to have loads of pets - I don't have any as such, but my son has one of those ant farms in his bedroom, so if that counts I've got hundreds!

Last edited:
I hadn't realised you lost so much weight as your pic looks as though you never have been so big ... if you know what I mean.

WOW.

Well done.

Great thread SARAHP.

Hi CCAw what a lovely post - thanks very much!!! Yep it will be 6.5 stone when i get this last four pounds off again!! I don't look great nekkid but dressed isn't too bad hahaha!!You coming on Saturday now????? Hope so!!!!

My name is Beverley, I'm 44, have 3 children, eldest daughter is 21 this year, an 18yr old daughter and a 15yr old son. I live with my youngest 2 children, my wonderful OH whom I only met a year ago, 3 cats, 3 fish and a hamster in a small village in Cheshire. I was originally born in Essex, but lived most of my life in kent.

I am now a CDC - which i love doing and can work from home. Interests include holidays!! films, reading and as Phil has just started learning to fly a microlight - microlighting!!

Hi My name's Tracey, I was 40 last November. I have 4 children...Kim(16) from my first marriage, Cameron (11), Harley (9) and Deven(5) all from my present marriage to a lovely man called Scott (37 my toyboy;) ) who I've been married to for the past 13 years.

I work parttime as a finance assistant, which I love because I work with some really great people and we spend most of the day laughing.

I'm also at college at the moment taking a nail technician course (bit different from the day job!) Which I also love as I find it really relaxing.

I call myself minilady as my pride and joy apart from H and the kids is my lovely old style mini, that I got for pennies as it was a tea bag, and with the help of my H (who's a welder) have renovated. It's now beautiful, and I love driving it, although I need to wear a sports bra while doing that!

I have been overweight since having my first child and have always yoyo dieted, I seem to lose the weight then fall pregnant again:eek: But not this time, I've populated Kent enough, so this time the weight will stay off!!!!!

Tracey
x

great idea

I'm Emma, 32 (I think)

Married to Mike for 8 years next month, have been together 11 years since we met at uni.

Our daughter Rachel is 19 months old and is our joy and our everything after many years treatment hoping for a child.

we have a very loving moggy black and white cat called Sid. he was our first baby and is now Rachels play thing.

I was a civil engineer, well guess I will always be, but am now a full time mum. I am also doing a part time (that's a joke) degree in Psychology just because I am fascinated by it and think it might mean a career change when Rachel goes to school.

I have always been big, was 80% overweight at 8 months old. I have never been interested in loosing weight but in the new year I realised that I want to be able to chase Rachel around and that I want to make sure I see her children! Now it is dropping off (literally) I am amazed at how much more energy I have and how great I feel. I am now smaller than I have ever been as an adult and it feels great (Mike says so!!!!!)

Hi Im sarah and im 26 years old.

I have one son called Jake who is 2 1/2 and keeps me very busy!! I got engaged to my partner Jonathon in 2004 on top of the empire state building and our wedding is planned for October this year in Cuba. I have a dog called Norman lol who has had cancer for the last two years but is still going strong and I love him like a child as I have had him since the day he was born awwwwwwwww.

I am a healthcare assistant at my local hospital and love my job Im not in it for the money but for the people I get to care for and meet. I have actually met a man who was on the titanic.

I am now the biggest I have every been and started Cd to become the person I really am instead of hiding behind the flab.

Ps What a great thread

xx

Hiya!
I'm Elaine (Lainey), just turned 32 on Valentine's day (awww!:cupid:). Originally from Scotland, moved down to England at 18. Live in Essex with my yummy bloke, Gareth (or Gal as they say here!) and our two beagles, Barney & Benson (my babies!). Have been with G for 7+half years now, no plans to get hitched, and definately don't want anklebiters (unless it's got fur, 4 legs, wagging tail, wet nose, and has the ability to lick itself in places which simply cannot be mentioned on a publicly viewed site).
Have been a CDC since 2005, which is just fantastic! Gave up my City job in July '06, so now full-time counsellor!
Don't often post - don't get much time to these days! But I do take a peep in now & again (nosey cow! :giggle: ). Fab thread! Makes things even more friendlier than before methinks! :wavey: Good luck with your individual goals. Remember - Each Day Matters!
Old Ways = Old Weight!

LAINEY xxx

great idea -

Hi my name is annemarie (nickname anntext of course lol)
i am 23 years old - birthday in august 19th

I live in bristol - city centre
I work in a office as a security officer and works nights -
I have a partner called tony and i have been with him for two and a half years -we got engaged on christmas (one before) and we are hoping to get married next year sometime- and then start thinking about children!

i have a dog (at my dad house as had him till i was young) he getting old a bit now but he is a jackrussell mixed with a boxer! - which you never get one the same lol!

apart from that my target weight is 9 stone i am 10 stone 12 now - and lost just over one stone !
my target to hit 9 stone would be for my birthday in august!

well thats all xx annemarie

I thought I would join in as I am new here .

My name is Sharon and I am thirty-something , I live in Crawley with my 3 beautiful children , Brittany 7 , Elliot 3 and Luke 2.
Sadly we lost my wonderful Husband to a heart attack Dec 28th 2005 so I have spend the last year or so trying to get my head around that and sadly eating too much in the process so that is why I am here , and tomorrow with be the completion of my 2nd week on CD .

I am loving this site as I have no family or friend so I have to reply on this site for support on this diet , It makes me realise i am no alone on it.

Pets? Well we do have a cat but she seems to prefer the neighbours as the don't have two noisy Little boys to annoy her.

im kerry 34 at the end of the month sheesh !!!!! currently living in bradford with my OH Martin originally from cheam in surrey hope to move back there end of yr i prev did LL CD sept 05 april 06 got bored and put all weigh+ back on so im back now on cd for the duration gonna do it this time

I'm Sue,and I'm 50:eek: I live in Poole,Dorset and I'm married to Brian,( who could also do with a bit of CD,but refuses!)I work as a Sheltered Housing Officer,have no kids,but a gorgeous Golden Retriever called Jasmine:angeldevil:

Back