Size 10 screaming to get out!!

Sorry biggest loser meal replacement bars they sell them in ASDA and some of the big tescos I think (I got mine in ASDA)
The Choc Crunch one is yum yum yummy :p

Sounds good, I always enjoyed my bars on Cambridge and miss them but won't buy bumper pack with them in as don't want soup. I did have some plain grilled chicken tonight after all but very naughtily I didn't have my third shake. And I have not drunk nearly enough water at all. Night everyone, I'm having a bath and an early night ;) x

So, the day before weigh in which means no little protein bits for me. Will go to Tesco, get some Coke Zero and bars if I can find 'em, drink lots of water and be a paragon of virtue today!! I am not hopeful re weigh-in. I think I'm looking bigger and bigger, though the only things I have had "off-plan" since last Thursday are half a sweetcorn cob and one tiny, tiny bite of ice-cream on Saturday. I am the most impatient dieter I swear!! I expect to have lost all the weight in about 30 seconds.

Fingers crossed for on or under 10 stone 1lb - that was what I weighed in at on Saturday morning when I had a sneaky peek at the scales!! Fingers even more crossed for 10 stone or 9 stone 13lb (feel v unlikely).

I think I'm getting ever so slightly bored of this diet now. My motivation is not quite as strong as it was 2 weeks ago. That doesn't mean I'm going to break it but I just want to start eating food :(. I still see weeks stretching out ahead of me and it makes me feel a bit forlorn. London this weekend and I'm going to get stick for not drinking. And the food stalls in Camden, OMG....!

I got into work so Goddamn early. Wish my car was fixed so wouldn't have to come in with Boo although it's nice not to drive... x

Oh no, I just assessed my diary and realised I have 2 weeks today before I go to Bristol and eat/drink whatever I want. Then 1 week after that I have Boo's dad's 70th birthday meal to attend and would like to have some wine. Then the week after I'm definitely drinking at our party. That's not a good sign for the diet. It means I have 2 weeks to lose as much as possible so the damage is lessened. Therefore must be strict for these 2 weeks.

Having a Tesco choccy Ultra Slim bar for lunch but 8g of carbs in it? Sure someone said these were fine though?? It's HUGE and extremely chewy. It's not massively delicious but it's not horribly awful either. I can live with it. It's nicer than a strawberry shake at any rate...x

I've only had one of them and they are rather difficult to swallow aren't they? I was a big fan of toffee Cambridge bars and also liked the cranberry ones but there's something not quite right about any of them. I'd prefer a Twirl!!!! x

Just thought I'd let you know my daughter bought cake flavourings when she was on exante...the ones they sell in supermarkets on the baking stuff shelves. She used peppermint or orange flavouring in the chocolate shakes and strawberry in the strawberry to give it more flavour. A few drops is all that's needed! She also added half a tsp of coffee to the banana one which made it gorgeous!!! (she also added a couple of saccharin tablets to each shake as well :rolleyes:)

Good luck with the rest of your journey...you're doing great!!!

Jubbly - I have loads of them in my bumper pack so will have to put up with them for a while yet!

Thunderthighs (that feels like a really mean name to call you!! :s) - Funnily I was thinking about peppermint essence today and wondering if it would be ok to have in the shakes, I was going to go look a it in the supermarket when I don't feel so hungry (and so walking past the food isn't torture!) and check the ingredients out. I suppose you use so little of it anyway it probably doesn't matter much!

Jubbly said:
So, the day before weigh in which means no little protein bits for me. Will go to Tesco, get some Coke Zero and bars if I can find 'em, drink lots of water and be a paragon of virtue today!! I am not hopeful re weigh-in. I think I'm looking bigger and bigger, though the only things I have had "off-plan" since last Thursday are half a sweetcorn cob and one tiny, tiny bite of ice-cream on Saturday. I am the most impatient dieter I swear!! I expect to have lost all the weight in about 30 seconds.

Fingers crossed for on or under 10 stone 1lb - that was what I weighed in at on Saturday morning when I had a sneaky peek at the scales!! Fingers even more crossed for 10 stone or 9 stone 13lb (feel v unlikely).

I think I'm getting ever so slightly bored of this diet now. My motivation is not quite as strong as it was 2 weeks ago. That doesn't mean I'm going to break it but I just want to start eating food :(. I still see weeks stretching out ahead of me and it makes me feel a bit forlorn. London this weekend and I'm going to get stick for not drinking. And the food stalls in Camden, OMG....!

I got into work so Goddamn early. Wish my car was fixed so wouldn't have to come in with Boo although it's nice not to drive... x

Awww hun don't get despondent you are doing so well :( I know it gets dull but think how nice it feels to be slimmer :)

Thanks Carly, I'm not that despondant really, I was saying only last night that it's quite a weight (hoho) off my mind to not have to think about what to cook for dinner etc and obsess all day about all the crap I'm going to buy for lunch in town and then feel guilty 'cos I know I'm going to get a packet of crisps and a chocolate bar with my sandwich/pasta and then there'll probably be cakes at work etc etc.... I'm just ever so slightly bored of milkshakes is all. But I feel better now I have some bars. I had half of one this morning and am saving the other half for lunch :)

Well week 2's weigh-in results are in and I have lost 3lb from last weeks 10 stone 4lb to 10 stone 1lb. That's a 12 lb loss in 2 weeks :). I won't say I'm massively delighted as this was the same weight I was on Saturday morning when I scale jumped, which I really wish I hadn't done now. That means I haven't lost anything since then (or maybe gained and lost again). However because I had such a huge loss last week I think I got my hopes up a bit. Damn sweetcorn!! I don't know why I'm fretting, it's awesome really - one more notch down on the ticker. No more scale jumping from now on. I'm going to try and be extra, extra good until next Thursday as events are looming...

Can't wait for the long weekend. We managed to get a really cheap deal on a hotel in London on Saturday night so now looking more forward to it :D xx

Last edited:
Thanks Carly. I better be at that next mini goal next week!! 2lbs to the 9's. Why do I feel like that's going to take ages??

I have had WAY too much Dr Pepper and Coke zero today. I'm meant to be getting healthier and I don't feel that all this fizzy drink is healthy at all, especially with all the sweeteners and crap in it, but for some reason I'm struggling with water and finding the fizz easier to drink. It's also making me burp ;). I've been really good with the water before on Cambridge so I don't know why this has changed? On the plus side, as always, my skin is lovely and clear because of all the liquid I'm getting.

I'm making Boo delicious smoked haddock fishcakes tonight mmmm. Will be fine though as not very hungry. Someone told me today that caffeine suppresses the appetite so all that fizzy drink plus ketosis has me sailing through today. Might have a bit of smoked salmon that's in the fridge though. It's a bit naughty but I don't care - it's got no carbs in and it was on offer. I bet my weight loss is gonna slow right down now and it will take months to get rid of the last 11lbs!!

Hmm the PH that I ordered never turned up. The toilet problems haven't actually been as bad as before but I'm thinking I might indulge in some Senakot tonight to er, "unbung" myself. What a treat!!! I've got to go to the stupid freezing cold allotments now to water the plants for work as I agreed to cover whilst Tony was on holiday. Can't wait to get home under the duvet on the sofa. Glass o' red would be nice as well but nevermind...xx

Hmmm, what was going to be a little "treat" (although I know you shouldn't have edible "treats") with that little bit of smoked salmon turned into quite a lot of smoked salmon and quite a few chunks of Boo's smoked haddock as I was making the fish cakes. Oh dear. I wonder how much difference to weight loss these bits of protein actually have? Surely the salt in the smoked products can't be good though?? I also confess to having 2 slices of wafer thin ham last night :(. I don't think I'm going to be able to keep going on this unless I have the odd protein nibble as I seem to have become reliant on it in the evening. But that's OK right as my BMI is under 25? Or will it really slow down my weight loss?? I must admit, it was nice to sit down for dinner with Boo and have my plate with salmon on it...

Hmm the PH that I ordered never turned up. The toilet problems haven't actually been as bad as before but I'm thinking I might indulge in some Senakot tonight to er, "unbung" myself. What a treat!!! I've got to go to the stupid freezing cold allotments now to water the plants for work as I agreed to cover whilst Tony was on holiday. Can't wait to get home under the duvet on the sofa. Glass o' red would be nice as well but nevermind...xx

Same problem here........ a yearning for red wine and a 'bunged up' problem :D:D:D Glad you enjoyed the fish..... no carbs and sooo much better than eating crisps or something ~ whatever keeps you on track I say! You'll have that last bit off in no time x

Thanks Namaste. What I wouldn't give for a glass/bottle o' red now!! Sadly experience has taught me in the past that getting the last few lbs off is a bit of a pig. I hope the fish isn't doing too much damage. Oh, and good luck with your move at the weekend...x

Back