Size 10 screaming to get out!!

Hey Keely, I'm cool, I'm slobbing around under the duvet on the sofa with the cats watching the wedding. Had a burst of energy and did some gardening but feeling a bit weak and wobbly. Stood up quickly and felt really faint. So I am now on the sofa again with a choccie shake. I am really slacking on the water too....stupid water....

I know I promised that I would not scale jump so what did I do? Temptation was too much so I weighed myself before getting in the bath. It said 10 stone - next mini goal :D. I'm not changing my ticker though, I'm just going to leave it alone and avoid the scales until Thursday. I need to get Boo to hide the scales or something!!! Despite the 10 stone, I looked at my stomach as I got in the bath and it's still really bleurgh and rolly. I know I should do some crunches or something but they're bad for my neck - well, that's my excuse anyway....!!

The queen looked like a canary. x

Fab news on the scale hop....fingers crossed for next week for you xx

Thanks Ladygaga, it's TOTM next week though so I'm not gonna hope for a huge loss. Another 1lb off what I was this morning and I'll be in the 9's though so fingers crossed :D x

I LOVE Come Dine With Me. Mind you, I could eat a hog roast mmmmmm lovely. Boo laughs at me watching CDWM (I've seen about 10 Sky + episodes this week) whilst I'm on a diet :D. Now I'm watching Supersize/Superskinny - lots of food related watching material!! x

Hiya I love your diary I've just read it from the start.. And your fantastic 12 lbs in 2 weeks is wicked.

I remember you from Cambridge when I was on it years ago.. U sound as if u miss certain products chick.. There are more variety I agree , but I think exante shakes are lovely and creamy.

Your shrinking lovely.. Good luck
I will keep lurking now lol x

Hi Jubbly! How's it all going? Lol I used to watch Come Dine with me but not watching it whilst on this diet because it'll just make me feel hungry and drool over the food LOL! You only have a teeny bit more weight to go until you reach target! Go go go go go go go! :girlpower:

Thanks Shanny, it's nice to be remembered as I don't see many of the guys from 2006 on here. The forum seems to have changed a bit since then. I hope all the others who aren't on Minis anymore kept the weight off :fingerscrossed:.

Hey Lozza, I know it's really not much more to go but it feels like it's going to take ages and there's still so much more to come off my tummy rather than off my arms and face! It's a funny old thing weightloss...

I've had a very dodge weekend. The Camden Crawl does not a good diet make! In brief, I got up on Saturday morning and had my shake, packed a few with me and worried a bit as had no Tesco bars left. Got into London, started wanting my shake in the afternoon but was in the pub all day so couldn't really (I was virtous and managed to stay 100% teetotal, GO ME :)). Looked for a Tesco but why is it they appear to own the world but when you actually want one you can't bl*ody find one????? Found a huge Sainsburys, rushed in, leaving boys outside, and ran to food replacement section to be greeted by a few poxy Slim Fast shakes and a Slim Fast caramel chocolate snack bar. Bought that, panicked and bought 4 packed chicken thighs as well (the nice cooked ones that I'm sure they cover in glucose syrup for some odd reason). Had the bar then immediately regretted it as have no idea if it was suitable or not (was good though ;)) or whether it would take me out of ketosis. Got back to the hotel at about midnight (we were extremely lame) where I scoffed 2 chicken thighs and had a milkshake. Felt very fat that day.

Sunday, got up, scoffed the remaining 2 chicken thighs in the morning with a bleurgh strawberry milkshake. The hotel had no fridge so the chicken had been sitting around all night. That appeared to have a toiletery impact later on...Then didn't get a chance to have a milkshake ALL DAY and had my next milkshake at 2am when we got home after a complete nightmare of a journey from London involving replacement bus services.

So it all went a bit haywire. I drunk lots of soda water (stupidly expensive in London pubs) but nowhere near enough. I also had a titchy, tiny bite of my friend's Persian chicken, which tasted like mint sauce and foul. He kept going on ALL weekend about not drinking and not eating and generally doing my head in. He reckons I don't need to lose weight and that he thought the first time I went on Cambridge that I lost too much. It's nice and all but it gets seriously boring having someone ask you if you want a cider every time they go to the bar when they know you're not drinking. Yesterday I sat in a pub where 3 skinny girls were eating these enormous burgers with a bowl of chips each and I almost run screaming out of the place!!! AND they finished it all.

My only tantrum like moment was when Boo and I went to see a band. We left as they were a bit rubbish and we were commenting on how rubbish it all was and he said "yeah, but she was nice". Now I'm not the type to usually get massively funny about that sort of thing but she was TINY, and I mean like a size 6 or something, with a cool dress, red lipstick and skinny little arms, and then I got to thinking all about how I'm probably the fattest person he's ever been with and about his tiny little pretty ex-girlfriends and went into a bit of a sulk. Not for too long mind but probably longer than is reasonable. I was just having a bit of a pity party about how I was the one not eating or drinking and she probably has no idea what it's like to be on a diet. Ho hum. I'm over it now.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend and enjoying their bank holibob Monday, if they are lucky enough to be off work. Missed everyone's support over the last couple of days xxxxxx

Sweetie you were SO brave to stay on track! It can not have been easy at all and you sound like you definatley made the best of it :) I hope you haven't bumped yourself out of ketosis by accident cos you don't deserve to feel rubbish again after having such good self disclipline! I'm proud of you :D

I wouldn't worry what Boo says about other girls, blokes rarely notice these things anyway haha and he probably said it and straight away realised it was a bad idea :p He is with you cos he clearly thinks YOU are the sexiest girl he knows :)

Well done chick, much love xx

Awww thanks JennieC, he's not a bad boyf at all, he's been really supportive. I just think men don't think about weight stuff as often as we do!! I really hope I haven't knocked myself out of ketosis, I think there were about 18g of carbs in the snack bar, which is about the same as the BL bar. I was still cold and not hungry the next day so I think I managed to stay in, fingies crossed :). It was certainly a challenge but sometimes losing weight and feeling better about yourself is more important than getting drunk...

We've just come back from ASDA where we went specifically to get some BL bars as haven't tried them before. Christ, they're expensive AND they were reduced - to £1.50 each. I got 6 as I don't go to ASDA very often as it's much further away than Morrisons and Tesco. wish I hadn't bothered - had a choc crunch for lunch and it was horrible, really chewy and difficult to swallow and weird. Hopefully the mint one is nicer. The funniest thing happened though - I got the bar out of the bag when I'd bought it and someone had already opened it, had a nibble and put it back!!!!! I got it replaced obviously.

Any of you lot been nibbling bars in ASDA Chelmsford???? ;) xx

Hahaha thats gross :s who would do that?

You're right about things being more important than getting drunk. I was a pretty heavy drinker before I started this (haha look at me getting all wise after 7 days) and thought that is what I would struggle with most, but to be honest I kind of like feeling healthy and never hungover and never out of control. Made me realise how many things I would nibble at in the evening that I really did not need, just because my resolve was weaked by a beer/glass of wine. I definatley am not going to drink as much when I start eating food again, stick to 2 nights a week maybe.

That kind of makes me thing of a proper "ping" lightbulb moment I had yesterday.. I was thinking about how a few weeks ago I would have felt like I was missing out not drinking most nights, cos I love the taste of nice wines and beers etc, and the same with missing out on not eating something nice every day, but I thought actually, I have a whole life to do these things. There is no rush, even if it takes me 6 months to taste every bottle of wine I have seen and fancy, then thats ok! I am only 23, I have literally got more than 50 years (hopefully haha) to eat and drink what I like, in MODERATION!

This might be rambly and I realise I have hijacked your diary lol but I just had to get it out there. Might copy and paste this into my diary too!

Men deffo don't think about weight loss like we do, I always remember the bit in love actually when the *****y secretary woman is like "oh her with the huge thighs" (about Martine McCutcheon) and Hugh Grant is like "what? she isn't fat" (terrible paraphrasing) lol it's so like all the men I know! xx

Jubbly said:
Thanks Shanny, it's nice to be remembered as I don't see many of the guys from 2006 on here. The forum seems to have changed a bit since then. I hope all the others who aren't on Minis anymore kept the weight off :fingerscrossed:.

Hey Lozza, I know it's really not much more to go but it feels like it's going to take ages and there's still so much more to come off my tummy rather than off my arms and face! It's a funny old thing weightloss...

I've had a very dodge weekend. The Camden Crawl does not a good diet make! In brief, I got up on Saturday morning and had my shake, packed a few with me and worried a bit as had no Tesco bars left. Got into London, started wanting my shake in the afternoon but was in the pub all day so couldn't really (I was virtous and managed to stay 100% teetotal, GO ME :)). Looked for a Tesco but why is it they appear to own the world but when you actually want one you can't bl*ody find one????? Found a huge Sainsburys, rushed in, leaving boys outside, and ran to food replacement section to be greeted by a few poxy Slim Fast shakes and a Slim Fast caramel chocolate snack bar. Bought that, panicked and bought 4 packed chicken thighs as well (the nice cooked ones that I'm sure they cover in glucose syrup for some odd reason). Had the bar then immediately regretted it as have no idea if it was suitable or not (was good though ;)) or whether it would take me out of ketosis. Got back to the hotel at about midnight (we were extremely lame) where I scoffed 2 chicken thighs and had a milkshake. Felt very fat that day.

Sunday, got up, scoffed the remaining 2 chicken thighs in the morning with a bleurgh strawberry milkshake. The hotel had no fridge so the chicken had been sitting around all night. That appeared to have a toiletery impact later on...Then didn't get a chance to have a milkshake ALL DAY and had my next milkshake at 2am when we got home after a complete nightmare of a journey from London involving replacement bus services.

So it all went a bit haywire. I drunk lots of soda water (stupidly expensive in London pubs) but nowhere near enough. I also had a titchy, tiny bite of my friend's Persian chicken, which tasted like mint sauce and foul. He kept going on ALL weekend about not drinking and not eating and generally doing my head in. He reckons I don't need to lose weight and that he thought the first time I went on Cambridge that I lost too much. It's nice and all but it gets seriously boring having someone ask you if you want a cider every time they go to the bar when they know you're not drinking. Yesterday I sat in a pub where 3 skinny girls were eating these enormous burgers with a bowl of chips each and I almost run screaming out of the place!!! AND they finished it all.

My only tantrum like moment was when Boo and I went to see a band. We left as they were a bit rubbish and we were commenting on how rubbish it all was and he said "yeah, but she was nice". Now I'm not the type to usually get massively funny about that sort of thing but she was TINY, and I mean like a size 6 or something, with a cool dress, red lipstick and skinny little arms, and then I got to thinking all about how I'm probably the fattest person he's ever been with and about his tiny little pretty ex-girlfriends and went into a bit of a sulk. Not for too long mind but probably longer than is reasonable. I was just having a bit of a pity party about how I was the one not eating or drinking and she probably has no idea what it's like to be on a diet. Ho hum. I'm over it now.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend and enjoying their bank holibob Monday, if they are lucky enough to be off work. Missed everyone's support over the last couple of days xxxxxx

Honestly life isn't fair is it
Damn skinny cows
At least when we are slim we will appreciate it more :)

Jubbly said:
Awww thanks JennieC, he's not a bad boyf at all, he's been really supportive. I just think men don't think about weight stuff as often as we do!! I really hope I haven't knocked myself out of ketosis, I think there were about 18g of carbs in the snack bar, which is about the same as the BL bar. I was still cold and not hungry the next day so I think I managed to stay in, fingies crossed :). It was certainly a challenge but sometimes losing weight and feeling better about yourself is more important than getting drunk...

We've just come back from ASDA where we went specifically to get some BL bars as haven't tried them before. Christ, they're expensive AND they were reduced - to £1.50 each. I got 6 as I don't go to ASDA very often as it's much further away than Morrisons and Tesco. wish I hadn't bothered - had a choc crunch for lunch and it was horrible, really chewy and difficult to swallow and weird. Hopefully the mint one is nicer. The funniest thing happened though - I got the bar out of the bag when I'd bought it and someone had already opened it, had a nibble and put it back!!!!! I got it replaced obviously.

Any of you lot been nibbling bars in ASDA Chelmsford???? ;) xx

Oh dear that actually made me laugh out loud that is so gross lmao

Oh dear that actually made me laugh out loud that is so gross lmao

I know!!! I always thought ASDA was a bit, erm, chavvier than Morrisons but that takes the p*ss. I had this image of a half starved VLCDer desperately taking a guilty chunk out of the bar!!! :D xx

Honestly life isn't fair is it
Damn skinny cows
At least when we are slim we will appreciate it more :)

LOL. It's so shallow but when I did maintain a nice weight for the best part of 3 years I was actually happier. Which bugs me because it makes me seem really anti-feminist or anti-intellectual in a way and I know I shouldn't be bothered what weight I am (except in a health way) and it's what's inside that counts blah blah blah but there's no getting away from the fact that being bigger makes me unhappy.

We shall all be skinny and rule the world!! :D

You're right about things being more important than getting drunk. I was a pretty heavy drinker before I started this (haha look at me getting all wise after 7 days) and thought that is what I would struggle with most, but to be honest I kind of like feeling healthy and never hungover and never out of control. Made me realise how many things I would nibble at in the evening that I really did not need, just because my resolve was weaked by a beer/glass of wine. I definatley am not going to drink as much when I start eating food again, stick to 2 nights a week maybe.

I have a fairly long relationship with boozing and blame my beer consumption at the age of 17 or so for quite a lot of my original weight gain, as well as the snake bites and black at uni!! I am always fascinated by friends who drink way more than me and stay skinny, one friend in particular who's tiny but necks JD and coke and wine like it's going out of fashion. Although I have always drank a fair amount on and off I find it difficult when dieting as most of the people who surround me, for some reason, appear to be verging on alcoholism!! There's absolutely nothing like watching people getting drunk for a few weeks when on a VLCD to put you off drinking. I gave up for 4 months the first time I did it but I (very naughtily) erm, smoked quite a bit of weed then so I had my own vice and didn't feel too much like I was missing out. I sort of love and hate drinking. I'm never a good drunk personally and it took a few nights going out and not remembering anything to scare me and make me cut down. I hate the culture in this country that says you have to be drunk to have a good time but there we go...

Men deffo don't think about weight loss like we do, I always remember the bit in love actually when the *****y secretary woman is like "oh her with the huge thighs" (about Martine McCutcheon) and Hugh Grant is like "what? she isn't fat" (terrible paraphrasing) lol it's so like all the men I know! xx

I haven't seen it but I hear what you're saying!! I know that that my boyfriend would prefer a skinny girl over a larger girl, that a larger girl would never be his choice. It's bad because I started putting weight on like crazy when I got with him but then we always went for weekend fry-ups and ate puddings and had bottles of wine whilst we watched films!! He's much much more active than me so doesn't tend to put it on. Lucky b*gger!! xx

Oh dear, I'm not feeling it today. I have been feeling crap all day. And I'm not drinking so it's not that! Just going to ASDA and Homebase has completely taken it out of me. I'm sitting on the sofa and want to be out doing some gardening or going for a walk but I'm finding recently that I have no energy at all. It must be the diet? My back and neck are bad too so that doesn't help but then sitting around makes that worse so I can't win!! I have had to get some chicken out of the freezer to eat as I just need something. I feel awful :(. Anyone else get this?? x

Hopefully - I hate wasting a day sitting around. Yesterday I had just 2 packs and 2 bits of chicken (no time to have another shake). The day before I had 2 shakes, one snack bar and 2 bits of chicken again so I've been messing around with the diet really and am probably not getting all my nutrition. Don't think chicken has many vitamins/minerals in it?? x

Oh God, it has now turned into really bad headache, right in my temples. Can't read, TV is rubbish (snooker anyone???), feel a bit sick. Have hardly drunk anything as been lying on sofa for ages. Total arse. I could really have a big comforting plate of spag bol right now which might actually give me some damn energy. I won't though, too ill to make anything anyway....:( :( :(

Back