size102bs WW 'vs' Gastric Band fight.

Hi Vanda I dont think we talked about it what job do you do?
Yes I feel better today,thanks :D
How you doing? Your sounding positive,im glad remember this IS OUR LAST JOURNEY hey ;) xx

Today Im happier :)
Im getting a second hand hardly used Treadmill Saturday,my oh doesnt know and will freak as Ive had 2 had to get rid of them due to keep moving house :eek:
So I have to explain and ask will he pick it up for me :eek:
I am also seeing a Nutritician Therapist as my IBS is so bad Im sure I have food intolerences ie eggs and onions make me ill.........so she is expensive but its ruling my life ,I see her Tuesday :) she is running a small test first to see if I have any intolerences,she is fully qualified and Im hoping she can find something?
Otherwise I have a nag toothache,being phobic with dentists I need to go but its not easy.
WW plan wise I am sticking to plan,not the water as Im terrible I need to,I have been drinking the green decaffinated Tea and love it now after 2 weks ago detesting it.
Hope your all doing well ?xx

I am awful at not drinking enough water! Might give that decaf green tea a try if you think it's worth it... Good luck with the nutri... diet lady ;) - Hope she finds the problem. xxx

Yep me too I just try and enjoy it when I do drink it but then I get drinking lazy the next day and forget :break_diet:
The green tea I love now I never thought id drink tea again after 15 year break but I look forward it.
Yep I hope the lady helps as I cant go far with my stomach :cry:
Hope your doing ok?xx

Evening :wavey:

Great news about the treadmill, fancy the idea myself but it would probably just end up as somewhere else for the cats to sit. Hope the appointment with the food lady goes well. Its def worth a go I used to suffer badly with IBS in the past and dreaded being too far away from the smallest room :eek:

Yes I am still positive and am with you 100% this is out last time of doing this - shall pay for a fab holiday with losts of new clothes with the money I would have spent on a gastric band :D

Yet another afternoon shift today and again tomorrow - I'm a nurse, I work in an assessment and treatment unit for people who have a learning disability and challenging behaviour/mental health problems.

Hope the toothache eases up, have a great day tomorrow.

Hi vanda,oh good job :),do you enjoy it?
My eldest daughter leaves school next year :eek: and is considering midwifery,I think she would be good as she is very empathtic and caring.

LOL my last treadmill was a piece of furniture as I 'planned' to go on a 'plan' then I moved and it was too big to go through this door as it was a big top of the range one,second hand .......

Glad your positive :) Soon be weigh day ,have you any plans for the weekend except work tomorrow?

My middle daughter is off sick today so Im dentist waiting as she cant go out and I have no one to look after her,am fed up with it now

Hope you ahd a good day oh and your on the same team as me :) x

Morning, just saying hello and ouch ref dentist.

Im popping out to walk the dog...in the rain and mud :-( try to do an hour if i can stand the drizzle.

Catch you laterz

Vic

Morning, just saying hello and ouch ref dentist.

Im popping out to walk the dog...in the rain and mud :-( try to do an hour if i can stand the drizzle.

Catch you laterz

Vic

Eeeew rain :( we have sun :) for how long ?
Have a good walk well done and fantastic weight loss x

im back 4 miles walk and jog 50 minutesish, so im bright red lol

Good morning :wavey:

I do enjoy my job most of the time but after doing it for 20 years am feeling as if I need a change may look into community nursing in the future. I would recommend working for the nhs to anyone. They are in general great to work for, it can be hard work and upsetting at times but well worth it.

Weekend plans - working Sat morning, church on Sun whatever I feel like inbetween. Have not got to go back to work until Weds so a nice break - plenty of faffing about probably ;) have you any exciting plans?

You are having bad luck with sickness in your family at the mo, hope everyone picks up soon.

Yes we are team mates :D Wasnt going to join a team but as I am in this for the long haul thought it might be fun.

Catch up with you tomorrow am just going to have lunch before toddling off to work. Have a good day - well as good as you can :)

PS Vicki - great run wow you make me feel even more lazy than I usually do - note to self must do more :):)

Hi
Vanda hope you had a nice weekend :D
Soon be weigh-in :) xx

Ok I got my
:whacky068:TREADMILL:whacky068:

Yey :D Its quite small compared to another one I had which is better as it fits easily.Its got all sorts on it body fat measure etc :eek:........
Have weighed myself STUPIDLY Thursday it said I had lost 3lbs in 4 days then today it said 1& 1/2 lbs so from thur to today ive put on 1.5lbs :eek::confused:
Ok I have had well under my points yesterday only 13&1/2 Im 23 a day ,I just didnt want to eat ......Since Monday upto yesterday Ive had 20 points under :eek: I think Im tbvh scared to eat as I wont lose,but looking at the scales Im not losing now due to not eating ........#Yep I know we have to eat all our points I didnt last week and lost,Im a real slow loser so I thought as I was ill and not ecercising Id cut back ,looks like this week my bodys not playing,so I will have all my points today and tomorrow and maybe some of the 20 I havent had?
Starvation mode puzzles me,they say if we dont eat enough our bodies go into starvation mode and hangs onto fat so how come anorxesis(cant spell) lose weight? Lots?
xx

Great news on the treadmill.

Our bodies are strange things and we all react differently to changes in our diet. It really isnt a good plan to drop your points to lose quicker, it hasnt worked in the past and what will happen if you do this and you plateau? No scope to reduce then. If you are finding it difficult to eat them why not drink them! I will have orange juice to use mine up or use olive oil in cooking. That way you wouldnt notice so much. Also you have been ill recently and your body is probably still not back to its full 100% - be kind to yourself.

Why the rush anyway. I know I'd love to wake up tomorrow and be slim but its not going to happen. Who says this has to be a sprint - remember the tortoise and the hare? I'm treating this as a marathon, going the scenic route and having fun along the way. Remember our agreement this is the last time we are going to do this so lets make it work and accept the maybe slow progress. The weight didnt go on overnight and it unfortunately takes longer to take off than it did to go on.

weight loss is a strange business. Yo Yo dieting makes our bodies very effective at hanging onto the fat. Anorexia is a totally different thing under extreme starvation conditions everyone will lose weight but not in a good way.

That said I'm off to Birmingham in the morning for an overnight stay with the oh so am feeling a tad worried about keeping to plan. I have saved some points through the week and hopefully that will do it. I would have saved more but this trip was a lst minute decision.

Try and have a great few days will hopefully catch up with you late Monday or Tuesday.

Hi Guys Thanks know it all makes sense and I have to stick at the points,tbh I just want to lose 2lbs a week and maybe a snaeaky 3lbs as it keeps me focused as I always lose slowly,I know 1-2lbs a week is healthy just brain says SLOWWWW lol
I didnt have a bad stomach etc just a viral thing.....
I have had all my points today and a couple over as I had 19=20 under I couldnt eat that many over but may have something else before bed ?

The treadmill yes love it have researched best fat burning on it and Intervak training seems ok so will try that have a long way to build my fitness level up thou :eek:
Hope you had a good sunday and thanks again xx

week 4 weigh-in

I had week 4 weigh and lost 1.5lbs in the end :( Its good but Thursday said 3lbs,lesson of the week is hide the scale away and just once a week it shell be.
TBTH I weigh daily as if Im not losing I adjust what Im having and if I ddnt weigh Id worry I wasnt losing :confused::rolleyes: lol
But Im weighing on Monday only as it damaging to the plan as this is for life and as I have just seen 3lbs went down to 1.5lbs and Im disapponted were as 1.5lbs is good :eek:

I did my first interval training on the treadmill :rolleyes: UNFIT thats all I can say but I will gradually work upto it :eek:

Water I am aiming to drink and green tea,have all my points but saving some for Sunday so I can have a small easter egg..................

Hope everyones ok ? xx

Well done on the weight loss this week and for the treadmill bit. I am pleased you are going to hide the scales as I think you are right in that in can have a detrimental effect on you. Give it your best shot for this week and trust in yourself and the plan.

I have had an extremely lazy but enjoyable time with the oh and came back this evening. I did manage to catch my weigh in and have lost 2lbs - so all is good.

On the easter egg front I have bought myself an egg and have pointed it for the grand sum of 25 points. New point week starts tomorrow so have got to save 4 points a day for 4 days and 3 points a day for 3 days. Have done it this way so I can eat the whole egg enjoy it and not worry about the points. Thats the plan anyway.

Have a good night, am off tomorrow and bought the new magazine at class tonight so will look for some new recipes to plan for my food shopping tomorrow.

Hmm, never thought about saving for an easter egg, I would have probably just pointed one in and starved all day... Good thinkin Batman!
xxx

Hi I never point one in as they are so high and time we have a roast dinner so Im saving 2 points a day,it was going to be 4 but I looked at WW online food finder and it says a smarter egg small is 11 points when you click on it it then says 10.5 points :confused: so I know 2 points a day will cover the egg and leave me all my points Sunday.
Hope you have a lovely easter xx

Well done on the weight loss this week and for the treadmill bit. I am pleased you are going to hide the scales as I think you are right in that in can have a detrimental effect on you. Give it your best shot for this week and trust in yourself and the plan.

I have had an extremely lazy but enjoyable time with the oh and came back this evening. I did manage to catch my weigh in and have lost 2lbs - so all is good.

On the easter egg front I have bought myself an egg and have pointed it for the grand sum of 25 points. New point week starts tomorrow so have got to save 4 points a day for 4 days and 3 points a day for 3 days. Have done it this way so I can eat the whole egg enjoy it and not worry about the points. Thats the plan anyway.

Have a good night, am off tomorrow and bought the new magazine at class tonight so will look for some new recipes to plan for my food shopping tomorrow.

Woo well done great loss, soon be a stone ,glad you caught weigh in :) soon goes doesnt it,the weeks seem to go so fast.
God what egg are you having?Saying that I looked on ww food finder online and it said some were 40 odd points each :eek: Im going to have a little smartie egg 11 points lol
How was your OH,I bet its hard for you?
I have cancelled the nutritionlist as I couldnt affors it this month £60 just for the consultation then £20 for a small test which Im sure its the basic york test then any supplements? What with easter etc I cant do it so have put it off until a month.

Oh the new mag is in class I saw it on the ww site Im going to pop into town in a min and see if its on sell but I doubt it will be yet.

Hope you have a lovely day and well done again for your losses :D :D
x

Good afternoon

Ha, easter eggs. I'm having a medium sized cadburys caramel one with 2 caramel eggs inside. Have rechecked the points and hoorah is only 21 :D so have to save 3 points a day to enjoy it in its full glory.

I am working nights over the weekend so will at least have something to enjoy during the wee hours :)

It was hard coming back home on my own :cry:but it will only be a few weeks before we see each other again, and at least we get to see the best of each other.

Its a shame about the nutritionist but that is a lot of money. I had the york test some time ago and although it is one of the more recommended ones, there is a lot of doubt that these tests are reliable - it depends what side of the fence you are on. I found a food diary can be useful but it can be hard to isolate exactly what foods are causing problems unless you follow an exclusion diet.

I am not sure when the new mag is on sale in the shops. Its usually about a week later so it may not be out until next week.

Hope all is well with you.

Good afternoon

Ha, easter eggs. I'm having a medium sized cadburys caramel one with 2 caramel eggs inside. Have rechecked the points and hoorah is only 21 :D so have to save 3 points a day to enjoy it in its full glory.

I am working nights over the weekend so will at least have something to enjoy during the wee hours :)

It was hard coming back home on my own :cry:but it will only be a few weeks before we see each other again, and at least we get to see the best of each other.

Its a shame about the nutritionist but that is a lot of money. I had the york test some time ago and although it is one of the more recommended ones, there is a lot of doubt that these tests are reliable - it depends what side of the fence you are on. I found a food diary can be useful but it can be hard to isolate exactly what foods are causing problems unless you follow an exclusion diet.

I am not sure when the new mag is on sale in the shops. Its usually about a week later so it may not be out until next week.

Hope all is well with you.

Oh egg sounds yum yum and its a nice night work companion :rolleyes: lol enjoy
Ahh do you think you and Oh will be together fulltime again one day?Or do you feel its easier like this?
Umm I spoke to some professional person once they said teh cheap york test shows Everyone has some problem with food just to get you to have the expensive test,then that shows there are lots of things so it will be a case of water and potatoes for life I expect lol ......I will go see her end of next month as it maybe something else.

I went to town and they didnt have the mag in whsmith so your right I will have to wait,I like the mag slim at home and women diet I like mags lol ADDICTED :eek::eek:

Hows the plan going? OK? x

Well done on your loss, great stuff!!
are you enjoying the treatmill? i kinda want on but i think it would go to waste!

Hiya Nicki how you doing?
Well done on your loss so far :):)
I do like the treadmill have bad cramp in my right leg after a while so Im hoping as I get fiter it may go? Its only a waste if we let it be hey ;)
Hope your ok xx

Hi again

Have been working afternoons today but am starting 4 night from tomorrow. Plan is to keep myself awake into the wee hours tonight so I will sleep in late tomorrow ready for the night shifts. So have got 8 points to munch through tonight while watching late night/early morning tv. :)

Plan going to plan at the mo so still fully motivated - need to get the exercise sorted but can only cope with one thing at a time at my fragile age ;) How are you doing? Must admit to enjoying my food and am feeling much more relaxed around eating in general hopefully this will carry on.

Me and other half who knows what the future brings, I've stopped thinking about it - what will be will be. Its not bad having two homes one in the city and one close to the sea so there is that advantage.

I had the full York test some years ago and it identified so many foods that were a problem for me. I did follow their recommendations for a while and improved, but now I just make sure I vary what I eat and chill out more and things seem to have settled.

I love my mags too - I love reading in general and have always got a book on the go. But I do look forward to the slimming mags I like the success stories - very motivating.

Hope the treadmill is going well - would love one but where to put it.

Back