Total Solution Smidge's 2016 Diary :)

Congrats on the loss:) seeing everyone's losses today is great motivation.

Thanks ladies!

Heading towards another good day today. Work was sooo boring I have no idea how I didn't end up raiding the biscuits lol! Anyway, made it through and went to the gym for 25 minutes. Now I'm off to the bingo with my Mum and OH - wish us luck! ;)

well done smidge on your weight loss & good luck at bingo :)

Thanks Bronte! Sadly no wins for us this week :(

Didn't eat anything off plan though, even with my OH having a giant burger!!

Had another good day today. My friend at work did my nails with her gel kit and I feel a bit pampered which is nice. Starting to see changes in my body now the diet is really kicking in and I've been exercising.

A shame it'll be halted slightly on Friday with my lunch out but trying to enjoy each day rather than think about that!

Hope everyone is doing good :)

Hi Smidge glad you got pampered today, I know what you mean about changes to the body I've really started to notice myn as well, my work trousers are getting really baggy (yah) & this just motivates me more to keep going, I'm feeling heaps better (the dreaded cough is on its way out thank god) & I've been upping the water intake & have no feelings of hunger. What are you planning to eat on Friday ? whatever it is your so in the zone you'll be back on track within hours of eating . Hope you have a lovely time :)

You'll be fine on Friday I'm sure. And remember you need to eat 350o calories more than you need in order to gain any weight. You're already eating much less than you need so there's literally no way to gain weight from one meal - any change you see on the scales will be water weight.

Hi Smidge glad you got pampered today, I know what you mean about changes to the body I've really started to notice myn as well, my work trousers are getting really baggy (yah) & this just motivates me more to keep going, I'm feeling heaps better (the dreaded cough is on its way out thank god) & I've been upping the water intake & have no feelings of hunger. What are you planning to eat on Friday ? whatever it is your so in the zone you'll be back on track within hours of eating . Hope you have a lovely time :)

Good to hear you are seeing a difference too! Just got to make sure our work trousers don't fall down while we are there ;)

I'm planning on having sardines and chicken milanese, which I understand to be a breaded chicken breast with veg and potatoes but I won't eat the spuds. I hope that won't be too carb heavy and I will get back 100% straight after! Didn't hit the water intake today again and feeling a bit tired so need to remember tomorrow to drink more!!

You'll be fine on Friday I'm sure. And remember you need to eat 350o calories more than you need in order to gain any weight. You're already eating much less than you need so there's literally no way to gain weight from one meal - any change you see on the scales will be water weight.

Thanks Mousey, you are right. Even if I put on a couple of pounds, it will come back off shortly after. Think I will weigh in on Friday morning to end Jan and then weigh in the first Sunday in Feb so I hope that it will have balanced itself out by then :)

Had a good day today. Not quite 100% but I wouldn't say off plan. Basically my friend at work is doing Cambridge and she brought in these bonus bars. It's like a pineapple tasting fudge bar covered in yogurt. Seeing as they are basically the same diet I gave one a try as it was only 98 calories and I assume ketosis friendly!

It helped that it was coffee and cake morning at work so I sat there with my fruit tea and bonus bar instead of staring longingly at the cookies, cakes and doughnuts!! Fair compromise I felt :)

Been to the gym today as well so that's my 3 days minimum done and I can rest for a bit! Had a nice warm bath and now I am going to chill for a bit looking at beading designs before bed :)

Thanks Darcy! Have had another nice day :)

Nothing really to report haha. Just deliberating on whether to treat myself to some new beading stuff or not :rolleyes:

I did it :p just don't tell my OH hahaha :whistle:

Last edited:
Well, it's the morning of the day I have been dreading. That really is the downside to this diet, it makes you scared to eat anything at all!! I've had my shake and popped a bar in my bag in case I am starving on the way home later but I will try and last until I get home for another shake. That will hopefully counteract the food and as it's not too carb heavy I might scrape through :)

Anyway, I decided to weigh in this morning as a final Jan weigh in as I will skip Sunday this week and go straight to next week so as to not depress myself if I do put on water weight. The good news is I have already lost 2lb this week so I have hit my Jan target :winner:

Have a good day everyone :)

Hope today goes well. Interested to see how it goes - I am going out with friends next Wednesday and beginning to stress about it. In half a mind to cancel.

Great loss there - well done! :)

I know exactly what you mean about eating - terrifies me now o_O

I am so 'in the zone' and not interested in food

.....I don't want anything to break that spell :rolleyes:

Some friends had invited me for a meal last night, and I was so thankful that it got cancelled.....phew! :D

Ugh guys, it's so not worth it unless you know you can be carb free. I go out once a month for curry night and all I have is chicken and salad - no problems.

Today I had sardines and this breaded chicken thing which I think was fried. I now sit on the train home feeling sick is a dog :confused:

It might be lack of water as well as I got in as much as I could throughout the day but it was hot on the tube and I thought I would faint!!

Not sure I'll face any exante products tonight but I'll certainly be back 100% tomorrow. As outrageous as some might think this diet is, your body is just doing what comes naturally and it's days like this I remember just how horrid eating can make you feel!!

:(

It really does make you feel horrible. All sluggish & bloated. I think it's weeks of not feeling that way that highlight how bad it actually makes you feel.

Good luck for today :)

Well done on hitting your target Smidge. Hope you feel better today.

Congratulation's Smidge on reaching your Jan goal x

Thanks guys! I hope my Feb target will be just as easy as I've reduced it a little to reflect not having the first week loss :)

Feeling much better today! I had a litre of water before I went to bed last night and when I woke up this morning it was like nothing was different. I think that I'm actually still in ketosis which is a relief as I had my shake this morning and went to college then had a delicious cookies and cream bar for a 'treat' and I'm not feeling hungry at all. I only had one pack and that meal yesterday so perhaps I didn't have many more calories and carbs than a normal day anyway.

Not got much on tonight so think I will be popping on my onesie and starting a new jigsaw puzzle :p

Back