Snoooooooow!!

I hate snow!! Cold, Wet and slippery - lol

I let the hubby go building snowmen with my 4 yr old and i stay in doors with the baby!!

I just hope i get to go to WI tomorrow ;-)

I have now seen some snow. We have a little amount now. I doubt we will get this huge amount everyone else seems to get. But at least I have seen a bit. I feel slightly happier than I did this morning!!

I feel like I am really missin out! :(

Not even a flake here. Weather map had it totally missing us!! It doesn't seem to want to know Dorset.

Nada here yet, but at least they have been gritting!! Blah looks like I might be off to work tomorrow too!!!

Jez
xx

the snow is gorgeous in Lincoln. I drove home in it tonight, won't be driving tomorrow! But it was so gorgeous to see it falling and settling. Out in the garden for some pics tomorrow if it stays.

loadsa snow in london right now see what happens tomorrow

Just wet slushy stuff down here on the South coast.
It'll be sheet ice by the morning.

We have a light dusting! Just enough to obscure! The dogs have ventured out, She Who Must Be Kept Dry in all her woolly pully divaness to keep that belly warm and my boy bounding around full pelt! In the dark. I'm glad I did the bird feeders yesterday, I don't think I'd want to ruin the snowy crispness of the front garden where they are, I'll leave that to them.

If you have to go out today, take care. I'm lighting the fires and staying cosy and I know that's where the dogs will park themselves too!!!

We had it down here overnight - but it is windy and rainy now, so should be an ice rink before long.

I love the snow, but it is havoc here - mainly because the country does not prepare properly for it.

Grit is fine - however - very limited.

SNOW PLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Invest in some blippen snow plows.

We are used to snow in California, and drive easily with bankks of snow up to 10-15 feet at the sides. All because we use plows - nbot grit. You don;t run out of snow plows, like you do grit. Side roads can be plowed in minutes. Snow chains and studded tires are allowed.....easy peasy.

I am on foot today, and it is going to be a cold slushy wet snowy walk. If it begins to ice in the slightest, I am on foot back home again....cannot afford any falls!

Be safe everyone - enjoy it - don;t hate! :D :p

LOL - we've had snow every day since 18 December. Not seen the garden since the first really big dump on 20 December and its well buried now. Even the kids fed up of snow and subzero temps, but it is beautiful.

A snow day here, so working from home, more snow due later :)

Went out for a walk at midnight and it was sooooooo beautiful! Snowy, quiet, magnificent!!!! It always fills me with joy.

Jez
xx

We have had a good foot and a half since last night, the last foot has fallen since 5am this morning, mind you we have had a good 3 or 4 inches of snow on the ground since about the 15th December - everyone heartily sick to the back teeth of it now. The schools have yet to go back from the xmas break, and there is no chance of that happening this week. Good job I can walk into the office, but none of my staff have made it today.

It is beautiful to look at though :D

SL
x

I have woken up feeling dreadful. Headache, nausea, dizziness. So I can't even enjoy the snow! Took every ounce of strength I had to get into work today. The roads are all jammed up. Horrible. Why can't I still be in bed? :(

How wrong was I ?

Last night it was raining here until midnight rather than the snow that had been forecast.
I went to bed after betting someone £5 we would not have a white-out when we
woke up this morning - wrong!
I'm stuck at home, was intending to set out on foot to try bus or train. Now it's snowing hard again. I have decided to stay indoors. Traffic chaos as I'm sure you all have too.
One of my cats has ventured out a couple of times, intrigued and confused. He's alsleep by the radiator now. The other one, a dainty little girl, looked out of the window, said "no way" and went back to bed.
So, this is a bonus day. I should (!) be using it wisely and doing all sorts of things. Here I am. Oh well........
Happy day.
:dancing_snowman:

Hi BL,
The UK could have plans in place for times like this. it is purely a financial decision that a few days disruption not very often is cheaper than having everything set up to cope with snowy conditions.

had more snow overnight here but the sun is shining now and it's spectacular.
Hope everyone is safe and warm!

We got sent home from work. The walk to and fro took 45 miniutes each way. Normally 20. Was like trudging through a frozen creek.

Glad to be home and warm.

Chick flick about to pop into the DVD once the coffee has brewed.

SB, my kitty wanted out. I opened door, he took one step, slid a little bit, looked at me utterly confused, and rapidly changed his mind! :D It is days like this I get such joy in knowing we saved him from a life on the streets and in the back alleys, that he is now tucked in warm, safe and sound.

Enjoy everyone!

x

Yay we are all home and snug!! Lily has been curled up here and hiding under the blanket all morning, she peeks at the snowflakes out the window and trys to catch them by patting the glass. Ever so cute.

Jez
xx

Its started again with a vengence - I reckon that we now have had two feet of it since last night and no sign of it stopping anytime soon. All the roads in our region are closed - we are cut off!
I have shut the office and come home - might as well have a snow day along with the rest of my staff lol
SL
x

Back