So my journey begins ....

Hehe - diet support and tech tips all in one. What a great forum! :)

Thanks xxx

Sidd, If you ever get stuck just hit the Windows key then start typing what you are looking for. The search functions on Windows 8 are the best on an Operating System I have ever seen!!

Right, back to official business .... am I right in thinking Lumpfish Caviar is ok to eat?!

xx

Yesterday (PV)

Working in store so packed a nice big lunch!

Breakfast - boiled egg, ham and asparagus
Lunch - Chicken with basil and cottage cheese side salad
Snack - natural yogurt and goji berries
Dinner - Oat bran 'blinis' topped with salmon mousse and lumpfish caviar, peppered chicken strips and asparagus

That tea sounds lovely Julie!" Yum!" x

It felt luxurious and tasted heavenly!! What diet?! lol xx

Yesterday - PP

Broadband was down so went over my Aunts for the day to work. Took a packed lunch to keep me on track

Breakfast - Oatbran and yogurt
Lunch - Peppered chicken with cottage cheese and chives
Dinner - Steak with peppercorn sauce
Snack - yogurt

Still suffering with TOTM. Giving me sweet cravings which I am not really used to. Tried adding sweetener to natural yogurt but it was awful so I had an Activia 0% vanilla yogurt. Not sure if thats allowed but the label read pretty good lol

Has anyone seen the lemon flavoured quark? Wondered if it would something we are allowed?

Lots of great dessert recipes on the forum, Julie. Surprised to hear the yoghurt was awful. Maybe add more flavorings, like lemon, fat reduced cocoa, peppermint, vanilla...? Or mix quark and sf jelly to make a mousse/ pudding: those are great as you can do a whole batch at a time. Someone (col?) had a great idea for a trifle too, with sf jelly, custard and chopped up muffin! I always make a huge pot of custard pudding during TOTM.

What sweetener are you using? Some of them do seem to have a nasty taste. I use Splenda or liquid stevia as I find it tastes best, but I'm sure there are others.

Cx

Oh, and I just saw the flavored quarks this weekend but haven't tried them yet. The lemon one might be ok - around 6-7g carbs per 100g which is on par with many yoghurts. The vanilla one is about 10g so probably not safe :)

But then you could just add some lemon essence to normal quark :)

Thanks for getting back to me! I use splenda. Probably didn't like it because I really like the taste of natural yogurt on its own! Great inspiration there ... think I might have a baking afternoon lol!!
I wanted to try the lemon quark but you are right, might just stick to flavouring my normal fat free yogurt!
xx

I look forward to hearing how it goes! I think you may even be able to dig up a recipe for dukan chocolate mousse around here somewhere. Yummmm!

No baking today as some work deadlines got moved forward so I've only just stopped!

OH has a rare Saturday off tomorrow so we are planning to make the most of it which means I will not have time for my diary tomorrow so here is todays!!

Breakfast - Smoked haddock and egg mimosa (mixed lumpfish caviar into the yolks with yogurt) AMAZING!!
Lunch - Cajun chicken with cottage cheese and tomatoes
Dinner - Oatbran topped salmon with samphire YUMMY!!

Lovely food day even thought time was against me. I'll be back tomorrow night or Sunday morning :)

Gosh, your food diaries really are inspiring me to get into the kitchen, Julie! Enjoy a great day off with OH tomorrow.

Cx

Julie your doing fab xxx enjoy your Saturday off xxx

Thanks Sidd!

Today was a great day, went to the Colchester Oyster Festival. Lovely and sunny. Walked for hours.
I took a packed lunch so that I wouldn't cave in with all the BBQ smells (none of which would be good choices). Instead I had oysters for lunch (I planned to just have one but they were amazing so had about 6 lol) while OH had some massive italian sausage in panini with jalepenos and cheese. I swear I put on 3lb just looking at it!!
There was a huge beer tent so OH had an ale and I decided to treat myself to a glass of wine. We met some friends there and they all got drinks in. I was very proud of myself for only having one glass. Before Dukan once I had a glass of wine there was no stopping! I have finally learnt that its ok to enjoy a glass of wine from time to time now that I can stop at one.

Breakfast - ham and chive omelette
Lunch - oysters ... lots of oysters!
Dinner - lemon and basil chicken with cottage cheese and a galette

Sounds like a lovely day and you showed massive self control!

Weekly weigh in and I lost 1lb. A little disappointing but it's TOTM which may have slowed things down (or maybe it was that glass of wine!)

Thinking positively at least it is a loss and just under a stone and a half is pretty decent in six weeks I guess!

Going to have a great week motivated by the aim to be under 14stone this time next week. It will be the first time in years lol.

Have a lovely sunday everyone xx

Great loss, Julie! Every little bit counts :)

Thanks guys xx

Back