Sona's Diary- you may not like this...

sona1980

Gold Member
Ok this will be the official home for my food diary and my daily ponderings! all welcome! take a seat and make urself at home!!..

ermm... no shoes on the sofa's please and hold back the comments on my curtins!

Roll on Monday!

Day 1 - Monday 09/11/09 (cool date)

B- Cheesey scrambled egg (taken from atkins website and modified to one serving)

2 eggs, cheese, butter, salt and pepper
= 2 carbs

L- Tuna wrap (also atkins site)
6oz tuna
1 tablespoon mayo
3 lettuce leave
= 0 carbs (according to atkins site!)

D- Chicken Salad and Beef burgers
1/2 pound chicken breast (steamed)
1.5 table spoon mayo
3-4 lettuce leave
=1 (according to atkins site, ive left off the mustard as i dont think i will like it)

2 beef burgers (made per atkins site method i will be using chicken mince not beef so i dont know how that effects the carb.. i dont think it does...)
=4

Thats the main meals... i think i might have some baby bells and some
cucumber for snacks. What do u think? can you carb this for me if its wrong?

Thanks people!!

s xx

I am not an expert and don't pay too much attention to my number of carbs but I would say that you need to eat more green veggies than you are at the moment as you are not eating enough carbs. 7 is way under your daily allowance.
Is your wrap a low carb wrap?

PS I like your curtains! ;)

I agree, nowhere near enough greens love.

Sounds tasty though. :)

Hey guys!

thanks for the feed back!
my dinner was actually changed to 3 pieces of fried chicken (with the batter skin peeled off) and 2 home made kebabs! the only carbi thing in the kebabs was the onions! and thats 3 medium onions for 7kg worth of chicken meat! which made about 40 thin kebabs... even if i give them 2 carbs each it would be too much carbs per kebab! ..

Also... and ur not gona like this... i was soo busy yesterday that i didnt get a chance to have my lunch.. ended up with 2 baby bells while i was on the run!! (shopping day yesterday!)

oh my this is going to be harder than i thought!
most my meals are home made with low or no carb ingredients!
so i dont have many packets to check! eeeekkkk!!

Well im gona try have a stir fry now and then aswell.. also got myself some colli and broccli! I did ask once before what is classed as leafy vegi's?.. some help ppl?

Today's menu - 10/11/09

B-
2 boiled eggs - 2
1 teaspoon mayo - 1
2 slices of salami - 1

L-
Chicken breast - chopped -0
2 kebaba - chopped - 3
Some of the left over gravy from chicken -0.5 (the gravy is from all the stuff the chicken was marrinated in and one of those ingredients was mayo so i think 0.5 carb for that is ok... was 7 large chicken breats and 2 table spoons of mayo)
1 slice of cheese -1

D-
Stir fry- bean sprout- 2, cabbage 0.5, onions 1, broccli 1, coli 1, mushrooms 0.5.
soya sauce 1, spray of oil 0.

= 15.5??

Snack- Im open to ideas!
what can i do with my lack of vegis??

Im planing on making for cauliflower soup with a bit of cheese
and also a broccli crustless quich to freeze for quick meals! I dont know what to eat at work! I work in a call center and get 30 min lunches!

Last edited:
Hi Sona,

I eat cabbage and leek mix from Tesco, Kale, spinach, bok choi, pak choi etc....

Yes, it's lovely isn't it Laura. :)

i used the site you told me about also food focus which provides nutrition info for alot of foods! I think ive worked out the carbs propperly! Im going to try and eat more veg from the allowed list.. i have actually made a list of the veg that i know i like and some that i havent tried before and see what i can put together!

do we count carb in eggs or not?

Today's menu - 10/11/09

B-
2 boiled eggs - 2
1 teaspoon mayo - 1
2 slices of salami - 1

L-
Chicken breast - chopped -0
2 kebaba - chopped - 3
Some of the left over gravy from chicken -0.5 (the gravy is from all the stuff the chicken was marrinated in and one of those ingredients was mayo so i think 0.5 carb for that is ok... was 7 large chicken breats and 2 table spoons of mayo)
1 slice of cheese -1

D-
Stir fry- bean sprout- 2, cabbage 0.5, onions 1, broccli 1, coli 1, mushrooms 0.5.
soya sauce 1, spray of oil 0.

= 15.5??

Last edited:
Hey Sona!

I love cabbage and leek too mmmm. This way of eating makes you much more adventurous around vegetables and you find to your surprise how yummy they can be.

The more veggies I eat, the better I feel.

I've just had a big fry up. :D

gona buy some cabbage and leek and then take a pic of it on a plate next to the kebabs n chicken i made and post it to jim!! *moooohahahahaha*

LMAO, I love Atkins. :)

I always eat out for lunch these days, but back on induction I used to make my lunch at home and take it with me, usually a salad with some sliced meat or hard boiled eggs and stuff.

i have boiled eggs for brekki!

what u think about this:

2lb mince
2 medium onions
spices
tin tomatoes
olive oil ( 4-5 table spoons)

cooke that up.

then mash some cauliflower like potato and make some gravey from chicken stock.

Make a sheapheards pie and divide by about 6 servings?

will that work with induction?

See i dont have time for a big brekki.. i have half hour for lunch (and i NEED to enjoy my lunch to avoide snacking and in all honestly i dont have much time for dinner.. (between working full time and taking charge of my baby when i get home)

I either eat at 7.30 or after that i dont get to eat till 10!! its hectic at my house!

im thining of cooking in bulk for lunches each week.
so cheapheards pie one week
crustless quich one week
Soup of some sort one week
salad (if i can make myself look forward to it) one week.

what u think?

Looks OK to me, especially as it's split into 6 portions love.

I veggied out on the sofa love. :)

Back