Step2 810kcal sooo hungry

We've got friends staying over tonight and it's going to be very hard not to slip back into bad habits :( Wine, G&T, curry, nibbles.....I've done some healthy carrot, celery and cucumber sticks but the garlic dip is sooo tempting. We are going for a 5 mile walk in the morning but it wont work miracles so I need to stay focused and let everyone else eat drink be merry.....this sucks !!

Hey
Good luck for tonight. I've cracked. Had a banging headache all day and I'm getting a cold. Ate chicken in breadcrumbs on my way home from work and I just got steak and chips for dinner. Not good!!!!

Hey
Good luck for tonight. I've cracked. Had a banging headache all day and I'm getting a cold. Ate chicken in breadcrumbs on my way home from work and I just got steak and chips for dinner. Not good!!!!

Tomorrow is another day Hopefull. Don't give because of one slip up x

I had chicken shashlik for dinner but I confess I nibbled at some crisps and cucumber sticks with garlic dip :( 1 G&T all night and my friends had no idea my water wasn't gin ;) I'm slightly annoyed with myself but it could have a lot worse. The walking tomorrow will help burn off tonights slight misdemeanour

Thanks flare
I'm considering as a reward for hitting the first stone loss. Then I don't feel as bad. I'm right back on it today, moving forward. Yours wasn't much atall, I wouldn't worry too much. Considering what was around you I think you did really good :)

Thanks flare
I'm considering as a reward for hitting the first stone loss. Then I don't feel as bad. I'm right back on it today, moving forward. Yours wasn't much atall, I wouldn't worry too much. Considering what was around you I think you did really good :)

Thanks hun :) xx

How's everyone getting on this week?

I am having a hard day today. I am feeling very hungry and I cant seem to shake it, no matter how busy I am :(

My weigh in is Friday (because CDC is away) and I am trying to get to 11st or below which means I need a 4-5lb loss - I doubt thats going to happen after the weekend

Thanks hun :) xx

How's everyone getting on this week?

I am having a hard day today. I am feeling very hungry and I cant seem to shake it, no matter how busy I am :(

My weigh in is Friday (because CDC is away) and I am trying to get to 11st or below which means I need a 4-5lb loss - I doubt thats going to happen after the weekend

Stay strong, drink lots of water or have a strong coffee / cup of tea. I know it's hard to drink as much as you should when you're busy but it will definitely help. A blip is not the end of the world. Think of all the weight you've lost already. You've done so well. As my CDC said to me today, we're only human and we will slip up now and again but it's how we deal with it afterwards that matters. :)

Realised why I'm finding tougher this week girls, it's approaching 'that' time of the month. I am so hungry this week!! Still staying strong but god it's hard

Same here flare. Due on in next couple of days and it's making me pathetic. I had hash browns this morning after a night shift at work. I didn't even need them, just wanted them.
I realised it was that aswell, next week is gonna be rough

It's hard enough isn't it, but when hormones get involved its a million times tougher. I'm not looking forward to my WI later, I don't think ive lost much this week thanks to the time of the month :( Xx

Totally agree, all I want is stuff I know I can't have. Pretty sure I won't have a loss this week either, even if I don't cave and eat.
Much harder to fight hormones, before I felt like I didn't need food but I wanted it. Now I feel like I need it big time!

I've lost 1lb this week - gutted :(
I know its a loss but i feel really dejected this evening. Ive been really good and not given in to my cravings for food, despite my hormones screaming at me for chocolate. I feel like i am never going to get below 11st never mind reach 10st :(
sorry girls, just feeling really fed up
xx

Aww flare I know your gutted but it is the TOTM and you can retain water especially on this diet, please don't give up I bet you will have a great lose next week.

just think you are in the 11's which fab I so wish I was there...

whats your plans for this week end?

Flare said:
I've lost 1lb this week - gutted :(
I know its a loss but i feel really dejected this evening. Ive been really good and not given in to my cravings for food, despite my hormones screaming at me for chocolate. I feel like i am never going to get below 11st never mind reach 10st :(
sorry girls, just feeling really fed up
xx

You'll get there! Some weeks you'll have small losses. Anyone who tells you that you'll have at least 3 pounds off every week is sadly mistaken - the human body doesn't work that way. I've even known people gain weight doing 100% SS. It's rare but it happens. I've had weeks where I haven't lost anything doing SS. It doesn't mean you aren't losing fat. It means you're retaining water. If you stick to the plan 100% you will lose fat every week. But the loss won't show up every week. A week where you 'only' lose a pound is often followed by a week where you lose 4lbs.

I know it's hard, but try not to take too much notice of scales. Trust in the plan and weight loss will follow. Promise. x

Aww flare I know your gutted but it is the TOTM and you can retain water especially on this diet, please don't give up I bet you will have a great lose next week.

just think you are in the 11's which fab I so wish I was there...

whats your plans for this week end?

Hi Jules

Thanks for the support, it really helps. I felt really down last night but today I have put it into perspective.

I've met up with some girlfriends and had lunch at Marco Pierre Whites restaurant in Birmingham and one of the first things they said to me was that I am looking slim and well :) That made me feel great. I ate haddock with poached egg with a very small portion of carrots and sweet potato. I didnt have a dessert but I did have two small wine spritzers - i know i shouldn't have had those but this lunch date had been planned for months with special friends and i wanted to be 'normal'. Its the first wine ive had since i started. We're going walking tomorrow morning so I will burn those calories off :)

Im really proud that I've dropped a stone and I realise that i cant put my life on hold because then life becomes less enjoyable so i will be back to being strict tomorrow and i will work hard to lose 3/4lbs this week

Hows your weekend going?

Xxx

Last edited:
You'll get there! Some weeks you'll have small losses. Anyone who tells you that you'll have at least 3 pounds off every week is sadly mistaken - the human body doesn't work that way. I've even known people gain weight doing 100% SS. It's rare but it happens. I've had weeks where I haven't lost anything doing SS. It doesn't mean you aren't losing fat. It means you're retaining water. If you stick to the plan 100% you will lose fat every week. But the loss won't show up every week. A week where you 'only' lose a pound is often followed by a week where you lose 4lbs.

I know it's hard, but try not to take too much notice of scales. Trust in the plan and weight loss will follow. Promise. x

Youre right Lilly, I know I'm losing fat and I know that this week I was doomed no matter what I did because of TOTM so I've put things back into perspective today :) Thank you for the support x

I am determined to have a better week this week. I'm going to do some cardio exercise I think. I know skipping won't do any harm, but I'm not sure about running and rowing, what do you think? I don't want to build heavy muscle at this stage. Once I get another 8/9lbs off I want to start training properly again.

Back