Total Solution South Pacific

3 lbs down today......another pound to go before I reach my pre-binge weight :oops:

.....then it's on to new territory :)

I must admit to being nervous about being on the ship and surrounded by food day and night o_O

My plan is to ban myself entirely from the buffet and to eat just one meal - dinner- in the formal dining room

......portion controlled as it is waiter service, and just have a sensible main course and some fruit for dessert

I don't drink alcohol so that's a non- issue, and am happy with fizzy water :D

Hopefully that, combined with swimming and a couple of miles walking the promenade deck each day , will keep my weight stable......and possibly a few pounds down :)

Not sure what to do on the long flights though.........probably just eat what looks the healthiest, and not eat the bread or pudding :rolleyes:

.......and stay away from the food in the airport lounges!!!

Well done, Darcy!

...remember, healthy choices! x

3 lbs down today......another pound to go before I reach my pre-binge weight :oops:

.....then it's on to new territory :)

I must admit to being nervous about being on the ship and surrounded by food day and night o_O

My plan is to ban myself entirely from the buffet and to eat just one meal - dinner- in the formal dining room

......portion controlled as it is waiter service, and just have a sensible main course and some fruit for dessert

I don't drink alcohol so that's a non- issue, and am happy with fizzy water :D

Hopefully that, combined with swimming and a couple of miles walking the promenade deck each day , will keep my weight stable......and possibly a few pounds down :)

Not sure what to do on the long flights though.........probably just eat what looks the healthiest, and not eat the bread or pudding :rolleyes:

.......and stay away from the food in the airport lounges!!!

You've done really well getting just a pound off your pre-binge weight so quickly. It took dedication and you've had a lot of TS days. It sounds like you have a good plan for managing your food on your trip. I find airline food difficult. I usually take a few Exante bars and packet shakes when I travel. Maybe you could take a couple of low calorie bars with you if some of the airline meals aren't a good choice, e.g. pasta. The main thing is to have a good time and de-stress. You could maintain your weight loss if you keep active and may even lose some weight which would be great, but even if you put a few pounds on, you know that you will lose them when you get home.

Last edited:
You've done really well getting just a pound off your pre-binge weight so quickly. It took dedication and you've had a lot of TS days. It sounds like you have a good plan for managing your food on your trip. I find airline food difficult. I usually take a few Exante bars and packet shakes when I travel. Maybe you could take a couple of low calorie bars with you if some of the airline meals aren't a good choice, e.g. pasta. The main thing is to have a good time and de-stress. You could maintain your weight loss if you keep active and may even lose some weight which would be great, but even if you put a few pounds on, you know that you will lose them when you get home.

The voice of reason......thank you :)

After the last few months I so need a restful and relaxing time away, and that's what I plan to do :D

This trip has been booked for 3 years, and is very much a once in a lifetime voyage

.......so I'm going to enjoy it to the full :)

Holiday nearly here :D
Have a fantastic holiday, de-stress and enjoy your incredible 5st 5lb weight loss and all the clothes you can now wear. :D I can't wait to hear how the holiday is going, or when you get back.

Have a fantastic holiday, de-stress and enjoy your incredible 5st 5lb weight loss and all the clothes you can now wear. :D I can't wait to hear how the holiday is going, or when you get back.

Thank you :)

Housework all done this evening......just last minute things tomorrow

Hairdresser first thing on Saturday.....then my car service is picking me up at 14:00, and I'm off to Heathrow :wee:

Fantastic. Have a wonderful time. Enjoy yourself and don't get stressed if you can't keep to plan. You'll lose it when you get back home and back into TS.

Hello from Brisbane :)

Hello from sunny London. I hope you had a good flight and you are adjusting to the time difference and enjoying Brisbane before joining the cruise. One of my bridesmaids lived in Brisbane, she just moved to the Gold Coast over the weekend. It's a lovely area.

Hi Darcy, I have a lot of catching up to do!

Some things never change though, Cruising once more ;) have a fabulous time xx

A quick hello from Dubai airport :)

......it's 7am and 31 degrees :eek:

First leg of journey done

......just a 14 hour flight to Brisbane now! o_O

It's been 34.4C here. Too hot for me and apparently the hottest day of the year. I hope you are enjoying your cruise.

View attachment 183805 My ship in Sydney today
Have a great day in Sydney. Have you been there before? I hope the storms in Australia are tailing off now. That photo of the drenched koala on a fence post has been on the news. We are sweltering in London with 30C forecast although other areas have had torrential rain. Where are you off to after Sydney? Any other Australian ports, or a few days at sea en route to an island?

Have a great day in Sydney. Have you been there before? I hope the storms in Australia are tailing off now. That photo of the drenched koala on a fence post has been on the news. We are sweltering in London with 30C forecast although other areas have had torrential rain. Where are you off to after Sydney? Any other Australian ports, or a few days at sea en route to an island?

Hi Julie :)

Had a nice day in Sydney - went to the wildlife park in Darling Harbour, then got the ferry back to circular quay and wandered round to the opera house. The weather improved greatly in the afternoon - the rain cleared and the sun came out.

Have 3 days at sea now......next port is Alotau in PNG, arriving on Sunday. Weather today was very dodgy - wet and cold, but forecast for tomorrow is very much better :D

.....spent a very idle day reading and doing sudoku, and an afternoon nap as I'm still very jet lagged :rolleyes:

Back