Speed Food Challenge

Will try the butternut squash tips lurverick -thanks.

My speedy foods today were

-Apple
-Pepper
-Pear
-Lettuce
-Oranges
A bit boring for me today but didn't plan my ss and S intake really well!!

Dunno about you guys but noticed that lemon/lemon juice is a ss. I know folks put it on salad but I put this in diet cola and it dramatically improves the taste - particularly the cheap caffeine free stuff. Plus you can stick loads in. I used the bottled stuff - was so thrilled it's a ss!!

Hi, yesterday I had
banana
orange
melon
lettucex2
cucumberx2
tomatox2
beetroot
red onion x 2
sweetcorn tsp
peas tsp
mango
strawberries

Can I join in to?
I think this is where I fall down with my daily food diary I never even think about ss or s so I'm going to search out what they are ( oh dear just shows how bad I am cos I'm not even sure what's on the list)
And will start logging it later today

Today I have had
banana
kiwi
strawberries
grapes
lettuce x2
tomatox2
betrootx2
red onionx2
cumberx2
lettucex2

Can I join in to?
I think this is where I fall down with my daily food diary I never even think about ss or s so I'm going to search out what they are ( oh dear just shows how bad I am cos I'm not even sure what's on the list)
And will start logging it later today

Me too Mel!! I totally agree. Hopefully this thread will teach us a little too!

Today mine are
1 x conference pear (S)
1x chinese pear (how strange!)(S)
1 x Orange (S)
1x Beetroot (S)
portion mushrooms (S)
Lettuce (S)
Lemon juice (ss)
tomatoes (S)
Carrot (S)

And oh boy my tum feels like I've had all these today - if you get my drift!!

Last edited:
Right I have forgotton to check up the speed stuff but I will tomorrow after work I've been v. Busy so just didn't remember to do it

Anyhoo I think I know some of what I have eaten are speed so here goes

Strawberries bowl
Plums x 4
Applesx 2
Grapes ? Not sure bout these

Bag of spring greens (£1 from morrisons)
Carrot
Swede
Onion
Butternut squash

All of the veg was mashed with potato ( not speed I know) into a bubble and squeak eaten with quorn sausages yum yum

All of the veg was mashed with potato ( not speed I know) into a bubble and squeak eaten with quorn sausages yum yum

Ooh - dat sounds nice.....

Oooooo this has got me thinking...

3 x satsumas
Mixed berries - strawberries, rasps, blue and red berries, black berries
Banana
Onion
Mushrooms
Carrots
Green beens

Well guys the speed and superspeed's been totally fab for me. Weighed in this morning and 4lbs lost. I've got to say it really helped putting all my S and ss on this thread so I'm gonna keep going!!

I also found I really haven't craved sugar...which is amazing.

I didn't update yesyerday - soz - so todays are

1 x onion
loads of spring greens
carrots
1/2 red grapefruit - gorge!!!!
2x oranges
1xplum
3 spears of asparagus

Yum.

Talking in group one day we were discussing tinned fruit-synned and our consultant said treat pre-cut fruit like the melon n pineapple available (tesco,sainsburys etc) with caution.thats sometimes the companies add things to preserve them,anyone else know if there's any truth in this???

Talking in group one day we were discussing tinned fruit-synned and our consultant said treat pre-cut fruit like the melon n pineapple available (tesco,sainsburys etc) with caution.thats sometimes the companies add things to preserve them,anyone else know if there's any truth in this???

Mmm. I know what you mean. I tend to buy everything fresh and prepare it myself becasue it's so much cheaper - but it's a good point. I have my shopping delivered so have just quickly looked on Tesco's website and the ingredient info is missing on quite a lot of prepared fruit. I was only able to find one melon prepared selection that said it was 100% melon.

I could understand the companies needing to preserve this type of thing to extend the shelf life but whenever I've seen these items they have a mega short lifespan anyway. I'd guess that any preservative would be low calorie/cal free. Not great if you're trying to eat fruit near it's natural state though eh?:rolleyes:

I eat a huge quantity of my fruit as prepared stuff, it hasn't harmed me and the nutrition info is on all of asdas.

I eat a huge quantity of my fruit as prepared stuff, it hasn't harmed me and the nutrition info is on all of asdas.

Well there you go then. Thanks Shrimpy.:)

My speed foods today have been

Melon (ss)
Pear
Orange
Plum
Beansprouts
Lettuce
Tomato

Woo-hoo!

Welcome Derbynanny - this thread's really helped me eat loads more speed stuff and I'm finding when I'm hungry I am now much more likely to eat superfree or speed fruit rather than make BAD decisions!!

Today I have mostly eaten....

Strawberries
Melon
Pear
Plum
Beansprouts
Stirfry veg

Yum yum yummy.

Keep it going people!

I'm loving the sound of this, we got given a list today in group of all the speed n s speed foods, we've been set a challenge to c how many we can eat...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back