SS'ing at BMI 25/26

fat in the jing

as happy as a lark!
I need to get some feedback on what people do. I know that you should start adding food when you are BMI 25+ 1 stone, but I'd really like to be in the 'safe' zone when I start eating, and was aiming to go to BMI 24 before I started introducing foods. Is this very dangerous? What are the problems if it is dangerous? I'm at BMI 25 and a bit just now and can't seem to be able to SS. I'm really hungry by evening and am picking at hubby and daughter's food. It's usually pretty healthy, lots of veggies, (except for the stir-fried bread chunks this evening:eek:) Has anyobe SS'ed to goal before? How do you feel doing that? Thanks!

You should not SS past BMI of 26. So moving onto 790 where you can eat veg, chicken, fish etc (no stir fried bread chunks though!) would be a good idea ... then moving up the plans to introduce more foods and carbs - this way your glycogen store id refilled slowly whilst you are still losing weight.

You can only SS to a BMI of 25 plus 1 stone without medical supervision. This is why LL clients can and Cambridge can't

Those are the regulations laid down by C.O.M.A originally then by N.I.C.E.

Last edited:
Thanks to you all......

....but now I'm confused!!!

Forget about the rules, what does everyone else do? I regular monitor my blood pressure, what other advers affects are there to stop CD users and not LL users SS'ing below BMI 25?

At LL we SS up until we reach goal weight. My goal was 9st which is about BMI 21. I SS up to BMI 21 without any problems. Now I'm in Management where we're reintroducing food a food group at a time. I've lost nearly 5lbs, but by the end of Management I will make that back up, so I'll end up where I started - at 9st.

You can only SS to a BMI of 25 plus 1 stone without medical supervision. This is why LL clients can and Cambridge can't

Those are the regulations laid down by C.O.M.A originally then by N.I.C.E.

No this is incorrect you need to be BMI 25 plus a stone to START a VLCD if you are already on one you can continue down lower than BMI 25 plus a stone you can so SS down to say 26 then SS+ for a week then the new 810.

Please follow this advice.

STBG is not a Cambridge Diet Counsellor.

No this is incorrect you need to be BMI 25 plus a stone to START a VLCD if you are already on one you can continue down lower than BMI 25 plus a stone you can so SS down to say 26 then SS+ for a week then the new 810.

Please follow this advice.

STBG is not a Cambridge Diet Counsellor.

Thanks Linda - I need to consider changing plans in the next 3-4 weeks and was totally confused by it all, but this makes sense and I can do what I intended - I hope xxx

If you read Kerensa's post it states quite clearly that you must not do SS down to a BMI of 25. THat you cannot start a VLCD if your BMI is below a BMI of 25 + 1 stone too

When was this changed?

If Kerensa's post is now not valid then the whole thread should be removed

CDC or not you have me thoroughly confused!

I have done the Cambridge diet now for nearly 8 months, I do know what I am doing. My current CDC only did the diet for a matter of a few weeks.

As a Cambridge client these constant changes are very confusing - how is anyone supposed to know what they are doing?

Just last week you posted that SS no longer exists.

Last edited:
Sorry, this thread seems to be causing a little tension....
.....But, you guys have also helped me a lot, I think I'm just gonna take it day by day. 4 packs on days and 790 on others 'til I get to goal. I listen to my body very carefully and I think I'll know when the time is right....

No this is incorrect you need to be BMI 25 plus a stone to START a VLCD.

Not according to the new Weightcare with Cambridge book!

I've already posted this on an other thread but a customer (moving up the plans) pointed out to me a few days ago that apparently she is now allowed to do SS+ starting and finishing at any BMI according to the new yellow book, page 7. I'd given her a new one to replace lost old one and it states

"Step 1b, ss+

Who's it for:

Anyone who wants to follow a VLCD with slightly higher calorie intake including some conventional food.

Anyone who wants to manage their weight with CC only."

No mention of BMI limits on this VLCD option!!!

Customer says that was what the new book said she could do and it's not her fault it says otherwise.

I cannot find any reference in any of the new customer literature which states that you have to have a BMI of 25 plus 1 stone to start either SS or SS+, only that to start SS you must have a BMI higher than 25 with at least 1 stone to lose so in theory someone with a BMI of 25.1 could start even though they might only be on SS for 1 day and have to move on as soon as BMI hits 25.

If this is not the case then please provide official evidence that I can show my customers as I am happy to be corrected.

Lyn

Not according to the new Weightcare with Cambridge book!

I've already posted this on an other thread but a customer (moving up the plans) pointed out to me a few days ago that apparently she is now allowed to do SS+ starting and finishing at any BMI according to the new yellow book, page 7. I'd given her a new one to replace lost old one and it states

"Step 1b, ss+

Who's it for:

Anyone who wants to follow a VLCD with slightly higher calorie intake including some conventional food.

Anyone who wants to manage their weight with CC only."

No mention of BMI limits on this VLCD option!!!

Customer says that was what the new book said she could do and it's not her fault it says otherwise.

I cannot find any reference in any of the new customer literature which states that you have to have a BMI of 25 plus 1 stone to start either SS or SS+, only that to start SS you must have a BMI higher than 25 with at least 1 stone to lose so in theory someone with a BMI of 25.1 could start even though they might only be on SS for 1 day and have to move on as soon as BMI hits 25.

If this is not the case then please provide official evidence that I can show my customers as I am happy to be corrected.

Lyn

When the new guidance was issued CDC's were sent information outlining the changes and stating that the BMI rule remained unaltered.

The SS+ step is an enhancement of SS which is a VLCD so COMA applies.

If you doubt what I am posting contact Gill Walshaw at Head Office for clarification or the relevant Counsellor Coordinator for your region.

Linda

I haven't doubted at all anything you have posted, and I am well aware of the new plans and all that entails, what I am saying is that none of this has been incorporated into the new literatature and so us CDCs are having difficulty in enforcing what we have been told by HO and what we read here, versus what we are handing out to customers. I fully agree that SS+ forms part of the COMA guidelines which we should be enforcing (and I do my best to) but that is not what the Yellow book states and makes us look stupid when we try and tell customers otherwise.

Lyn

I was always under the impression that once your weight was under BMI 25 +1stone you started going through the plans towards maintainance, regardless of how low you ultimately want to weigh. That is why I am now on the 790. My body actually needed the introduction of food as I was feeling very fatigued by the end of SS.

I think many believe that as soon as they start eating again the weight will go on but I believe you need to work through the plans to boost your metabolism and further weight loss.

Porgeous is still loosing weight and she is on 1500 calories a day so what is all the worry about. I am sure in the bad old days of lardarse we ate a darn sight more than 1500 calories so get a grip, listen to your body and eat!!!

Back