Starting on plan from 30th March

Spanglymum said:
Can I join? I started S & S on Saturday, after using up the last of my Lighter Life packs. I'm new to S & S and must say I've been pleasantly surprised with the packs so far (I'm working my way through the sample pack). I had my first weigh in this morning and was bowled over. Trying to get back to 146lb for long-term maintenance and want to lose an extra 7lb so that when I reintroduce carbs I can end up where I want to be. (My body holds on to water like nobody's business!) I maintained pretty well all of last year but went off the rails on holiday, then at Christmas, and then more recently after a business trip abroad... so needed to take action!

Good luck everyone!

Good luck spanglymum. I mix LL and SnS so let me know if you have any questions about how SnS works in comparison to LL.

seek and ye shall find!!!! Yey have found you all - Im on day 3 today and feeling okay - I have to confess Im a daily weigher - mainly for motivation and to keep me on track and Im ecstatic to report Ive lost 5.5lbs so far......... The most I have lost in a week on a vlcd is 7 so Im on tenterhooks for W.I. on Sunday.
I had spag bol for tea last night which was 100% improvement on the mushroom pasta, but it did have a spicy taste to it. Im not sure whether they have sent me spicy spaghetti instead by accident as I certainly didnt order any cos I cant stand spicy food. I managed to eat it by gobbling it down asap and having a glug full of water inbetween every mouthful.

I tried the vanilla cereal this morning with less water so it was like thick ice cream - liked the taste, but didnt like the consistency so will prob have it as a shake. I tried the choc one as a shake yesterday and didnt like it taste wise, but then again I dont have the chocolate shakes cold anyway I have them hot so may try that.

god listen to me moaning on - Im not really :0 Im really enjoying the diet I suppose I should have got some trial sachets first but being the impatient person i am I just ordered a months worth so I guess there will be some I like and dont and will just have to have a play with textures and the amount of water!

Curvy have a lovely meal tonight Im sure it will be great and jkust stick to fish and veg and you should be fine.

Pheonyx 7lbs is ace well done

Lindsay988 - as weasey said you should be fine with a protein meal and a bar - but like her Im not sure which one is best.

Weasey I bet you cant wait to show a new slimmed you to your parents!

Hi Spanglymum and Cinderz,
how are you all getting on - Iwonka, Abigailsweetie, Wisney, Catdog, NewDawn, LoopeyLou,

Keep up the good work everyone and we will keep each other going!
xxx

Welcome Jesica Rabbit! It will be good to show my new slimdom to my parents - but even more exciting is that inspired by my loss my dad has been on slim and save since January and I can't wait to see what he looks like a good few stone down!

So I've spent the morning cleaning the house, and guess what...my first thought when I sat down with a coffee was "I think I deserve a couple of biscuits with this..."

So I got out the little book I bought yesterday ("but I deserve this chocolate - the 50 most common diet-derailing excuses and how to outwit them") to see if it had any words of wisdom. Apparently I should say to myself - I deserve comfort and pleasure but there are other ways to obtain this. I like that - but hard to follow when you have to get lunch for kids then start cleaning upstairs. Food is such a convenient, cheap, satisfying reward. Hmmm....

I downloaded that book on your recommendation and have started reading it today. It looks really helpful... In theory. But it's how easy/difficult it is to put into practice that is the test! I guess it's like anything - the whole 'mindful' eating thing takes repetition and practice.

That book sounds awesome... Must look into that... That's me all over "i deserve a treat"...*binge binge binge*

Just about to have meal/shake no.2 (not decided what it'll be yet!)

xx

and me too any excuse to eat -
ooh i need to celebrate
ooh ive had a bad day and need cheering up
oh the list can be endless if i get started!

just wanted to say that I have been and bought some sparkly water so I can put flavouring in it and then it tastes like lemondae. Cant do Dr pepper or coke zero as it sets off all my cravings for sugar!

BUT i have just had the lemon bar and OMG it was heavenly - boo to only having one a day but my list of nice and likeable products is stacking up quite nicely now - def on the reorder list is...........

Lemon yoghurt bar
Choc shake to make into a hot chocolate
vanilla caramel
caramel

Oooh does anyone think I may have a sweet tooth by any chance - :8855:
xxx

Uhoh .... Just as we were talking about iy, muggins here falls/leaps off the wagon and into carbs. Am totally blaming the stress of yday and constant reminders today that my baby isn't here but I still have mega vets bills to pay.
This is what i have to stop and i need to do it with SnS. No more emotional eating. :'( .

Hope everyone is having a good day xx

It will be good to show my new slimdom to my parents - but even more exciting is that inspired by my loss my dad has been on slim and save since January and I can't wait to see what he looks like a good few stone down!

oh that will be so ace!!!

I started this morning, have had a banana milkshake for lunch as my packs didn't arrive till then. So just trying to wait another hour or so and drink my peppermint tea until I can have my supper and a choc Truffa bar, exciting! X

Welcome Lottie7!

Uhoh .... Just as we were talking about iy, muggins here falls/leaps off the wagon and into carbs. Am totally blaming the stress of yday and constant reminders today that my baby isn't here but I still have mega vets bills to pay.
This is what i have to stop and i need to do it with SnS. No more emotional eating. :'( .

I dont know the circumstances but sounds awful poor you - start again tomorrow and you know where we are if you need us x

If the spaghetti you received is in a white packet, it's the 'Spicy Spaghetti'

Ive just checked and they are silver so it seems I have super sensitive taste buds : ((((

I have had cottage pie for tea and it was scrummy will be on my reorder list deffo

Just wondered of us in this group how many are new to vlcd's and how many of us have done one before ?

I have done CD twice before (2005 and 2009) and lost 4 stone in 4 months both times and this time is going to be the LAST!
xxx

I yhink the spag bol is more spicy than the spicy spaghetti - the spicy spagetti is gorgeous!

Just got back from my meal. V happy. Drank still water. Ate crab meat for starter. Then sea bass fillet grilled with grilled asparagus and tomatoes. No sauce!!!! Hope you have all had a great day xx

Back