Starting Tuesday 18th - Looking for a support buddy

I've done a fair bit of research on the internet regarding diet coke. It's supposed to be the citric acid we are to avoid but no studies I've found connecting citric acid and ketosis seem to be conclusive. It's a bit of an individual thing, some people it knocks them straight out of it, others it has no effect. I haven't tried it yet myself but I'm going to a wedding in a couple of weeks and might have a go. If I could at least go out and just have that it would be a bonus for me. (Either that or I'm smuggling my own in!)

Last time I was on Cambridge diet I'm so sure that I drank diet coke all the way through but after reading about the citric acid and ketosis I've switched to coke zero. I agree it's really tricky when you go out. Sometimes I get a white wine but then a sparkling water, so I can make a spritzer to make the drink last a lot longer and I'll only have one glass worth of calories. It makes it very obvious that you're watching what you drink so it's not the best way if you don't want to invite comments but sometimes needs must!

I wouldn't risk the diet coke. Coke zero is fine, I've had a can a day for almost 12 weeks now :)

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol
Wk11 -4lb again whoop

I've done a fair bit of research on the internet regarding diet coke. It's supposed to be the citric acid we are to avoid but no studies I've found connecting citric acid and ketosis seem to be conclusive. It's a bit of an individual thing, some people it knocks them straight out of it, others it has no effect. I haven't tried it yet myself but I'm going to a wedding in a couple of weeks and might have a go. If I could at least go out and just have that it would be a bonus for me. (Either that or I'm smuggling my own in!)
I went to a wedding 2 weeks ago, I avoided all carbs ( it was a 3 course meal!!) but I was good and refused potatoes and bread and I had 1 glass of wine, 1 small pimms and for the rest of the evening I had lime and soda water, I only put 1 pound on but it was gone by the Monday. Hope that helps

I went to a wedding 2 weeks ago, I avoided all carbs ( it was a 3 course meal!!) but I was good and refused potatoes and bread and I had 1 glass of wine, 1 small pimms and for the rest of the evening I had lime and soda water, I only put 1 pound on but it was gone by the Monday. Hope that helps
That's interesting, thanks for that. X

Ladies, I just went into the kitchen at work for some water and someone was making ginger tea. It smelled absolutely delicious. She gave me what was left in her little sachet. Are we allowed this? I don't want to take any chances.

Gold Kili instant ginger drink. I'll go look up the additives.

Anne, here it is..

Ingredients: Ginger and Honey, glucose, sucrose and fructose. 73 calories in a whole pack. I have about 1/3 of a pack. Should I just stick to water? Sorry for hassling you.

Anne, here it is.. Ingredients: Ginger and Honey, glucose, sucrose and fructose. 73 calories in a whole pack. I have about 1/3 of a pack. Should I just stick to water? Sorry for hassling you.
Anything ending in "ose" in that list is sugar. It's up to you but to be honest id avoid it. Soz!! :-( x

Thanks Anne. I'm glad I asked now. I will kindly take it back along to her office. xx

Did you stick to the water Tracy? Hard isn't it, I'm desperate to find something that I enjoy. I do have milk so at least I can have tea but the water on its on is a problem. X

Yeah, I stuck to it Anne. Proud of myself. I absolutely detest the taste of the porridge (bit of a connoisseur, being Scottish..ha ha). I'm going to swap the packages for shakes tomorrow morning. I thought about just having a boiled egg instead, but that's where my lack of conviction has always tripped me up before. My daughter said "Don't waste it Mum, you're doing so well", so I sent a text to the Consultant and can change them tomorrow. How are you doing? I can't have milk in my tea. Boo Hoo.

Are you doing completely sole source? I did that before, it is the quickest way of losing but I cannot function without my tea so I'm doing ss+, and just having my skimmed milk.
How are you finding it?
I'm not doing too bad overall, I've had a couple of hiccups but got straight back on it and carry on which is the important bit.
Good luck today, just keep away from any treats that they've brought in! X

:) Thanks Anne. I'm doing Cambridge 500. They have Cambridge 500 and Cambridge 800 over here, and within the 800 you have 4 variations, I think. I'm managing OK with it. They said that you could have a tiny little soup like thing. It's called Opkikker and has only 6 calories and trace carbohydrate. I had that with my bar yesterday at lunch time. It was really nice. Now for the weekend. Water's going well now since my hubby bought me a lovely water bottle. It needs filled 4 times a day and that's it. It's made it a lot easier. What kind of packs are you taking each day? I take a shake in the morning, the bar at lunch and then soup in the evening. Let's see what Monday brings. Are you weighing-in on Sunday again? x

My weigh in is Monday morning at 11.30. I will have done a night shift on the Sunday so I suppose it's like having a weigh in on an evening for everyone else. Not expecting great numbers this week as had a huge splurge on weds night and I'm still trying to get that out of my system and I had a big loss for my first week (last week) so anything at all will be fine. I'm having 2 shakes a day plus a bar in the evening, I find that easier as somehow the bars seem a little more indulgent and I've fooled myself into thinking I'm having a treat! I've stayed quite bland this week with just strawb, vanilla and mango shakes. Not too keen on the choc ones and the soups are just not for me. I've asked for some tetra packs for next week as I think they will be a god send to take to work.
I've told myself that I'm doing this for 12 weeks and then I'll look at how much more I have to lose. I don't want to just get a stage where I'm above my target weight but happy enough to stop. This time I really do want to do it. X

Hi Ladies,

Second weigh- in, and 2.5kg off tonight. I'm a happy chappy. Hope everyone's weigh-ins are successful. :D

2.5lbs for me this week, not at all bad considering a couple of blips.
You're doing great Tracy, keep it up. :) x

Thank you Anne. I must say I found it a bit easier second week in. I'm proud that I've actually stuck to it... after many, many failed attempts and cave-ins. I'll be well-chuffed if I can stabilise at 2lbs or 1 kilo a week. I think it's amazing that you've lost that amount with a couple of blips as well. Next week I'm going on to 1 evening meal every day to prepare for going on holiday. I must say I'm nervous about it all. I'm terrified of gaining a lot of weight.

I know what you mean. Food terrifies me, I have absolutely no self control around it. It really does worry me that when I'm off this diet I'll be able to control myself. I don't seem to be able to just eat a normal portion of food and then stop. Think I need to join over eaters anonymous or something!!! X

Back