Sue's 'No More Pratting' Diary

Good on you Sue!!

Keep going xxx

Thank you xx

Day 2 of the new revitalised me and we're still going for it!

Son at school, weightwatchers sausages in oven. Water ready for poached eggs. Bacon to go in soon.

Loving it!

Last edited:
Oh, yes!!! Two days 100% on plan.

Dreading the weekend as OHs daughters come to stay. The older one (14) reports everything we say and do back to the mother - attention seeking. Mother's such a b**ch she then uses that to cause trouble. The younger one (6) is so bl**dy fussy and a total drama queen.

Meals are an absolute nightmare. Younger one eats plain pasta, nuggets, hot dog sausages, chips and that's about it. The older one reckons she's as good as vegetarian so the younger one's started saying things like she doesn't eat chicken (how about nuggets???). I cooked a roast once (which she eats at school) and she sat there sulking all the time (she had wanted something else) and the older one fussed and fannied round her. In my family if you didn't eat it then the plate got cleared the same time as everyone elses and you went without. She won't eat any sort of potato except for chips - last Sunday she tried to tell us she only eats McDonald's ones.

Older one is seeing her boyfriend today so we don't even know if she's staying tonight. When she left last Sunday she told my son she wasn't coming round for tea on Wednesday but didn't tell my OH until an hour before they were due round. Personally I don't think it's bl***y good enough. We have to work round the whims of a 14 year old??? They're spoilt brats - just like the mother - and I'm getting hacked off at the way they (or rather their mother through them) can disrupt our lives so much.

So, this weekend is going to be a struggle but I AM going to do it!

Good Morning Sue.
I hope you had a very nice weekend, sound slike it is going to be a hard weekend with them around you.
Well done on your 100% days xx

You are doing fab! Don't let the 14 year old spoil ur 100% days hun. Remember you have lots and lots of inner strength and YOU CAN DO THIS!

Good luck and keep reporting back to us when u get a spare 5 mins- we are here to help you stay focused and on track so use us as much as you need ;).

Xxx

Morning ladies and thank you all so much for your encouragement x

Yesterday morning I took my son to his bowling league. My OH dropped us off and then we walked back afterwards along the seafront and my OH walked part the way to meet us. While there I managed to not have a bacon roll which was a real struggle as every one else was eating them.

On the way back we bumped in to some ex-workcolleagues of his who he hasn't seen since he separated from his ex and while we talking to him some people I haven't seen since we moved from Tunbridge Wells last July walked by.

Having said goodbye to all them we stopped at an ice cream van and I had a Feast - 16 syns - which was going to be my syns for the day. I was doing really really well.

14 year old text to say she wasn't coming round but youngest was although she wasn't sure if she wanted to stay or not. During the afternoon I prepared dinner for OH, my son and I (totally free food) and something different for OHs daughter.

While he was picking her up at 4pm his sister rung to see if it was ok for her to pop over as she hasn't seen our new place. Of course it was fine as she is lovely and a huge laugh.

OH got back with her daughter so I gave the an early dinner (gave my son same as OHs youngest daughter as quicker to cook and serve before sis arrived). Youngest sat there and ate about 4 mouthfuls and then started playing with her food before telling us mother had only got round to giving them lunch just before OH picked her up.

OHs sister got round about 5pm. The daughter usually jumps all over her but just complained about being cold, put on a jumper of my son's (swamped her as he's 5'6" and she's only 6) and fell asleep. OH dropped her back home about 6.30pm and mother called 10 mins later to say she's got chicken pox so won't be at school for a week (which will make mother's day as she's a lazy b***h and keeps the girls off on a whim. Chances are if youngest is off then eldest will be kept off to look after her).

We had a great laugh with OHs sis. My son went to bed at 9pm and she finally went at 10pm so it was far too late to cook dinner. OH popped out and got a takeaway so BANG went an other 100% day!

I had pork and mushroom from the Chinese but also had a portion of their chips with it. I find chow mein a bit greasy without rice and rice dry without chow mein but wasn't hungry enough for both. I ate that and felt full and have no idea how I can usually eat chow mein, rice, spring, roll, meat of some sort and prawn crackers!

Anyway, the meal I prepared for last night will do for lunch today so back on 100% today xx

OH text his ex to find out how 'spotty girl' is. She's very spotty and under the weather. OH is going to go round and see her. I've been out and bought calamine lotion, Cuticura talc, cotton wool pads, sweets, comics (& a magazine for the older girl) and OH is off round there to see them now.

OH and the Ex ALWAYS end up rowing so he'll be in a good mood when he gets home!! He doesn't get grumpy with me but he won't be happy. I also get narked as no matter what my OH does for the girls, the ex always has to pick holes in it or try and put him on a guilt trip.

Aaaaaghhhhhhhh. Thank heavens I have lunch sorted and ready to go and it's syn free!!

OH's sister bought some bottles of beer round last night and they're 5 syns each so think I may factor one of those in to the equation today!

Last edited:
Hi Sue, I am new here so justed wanted to say Hi and I have just started on the SW plan, day 2 today and its going better than expected. Sounds like you have had a tough time lately so don't beat yourself up if you get the odd bad day. You have done really well so far with your weight loss so keep on going and good luck for your next weigh in,

Lisa xx

Thank you xx

Today was going really well until we went to OHs parents. His mum had made a Victoria sponge and I HAD to have some.

I'm going to try and stick to 5-10syns for the next couple of days to make up for it.

OH saw little miss spotty - bless her. Ex has said that she won't be well enough to come round on Wednesday night but OH can go round there. I remember when my lad had chicken pox. By day 3 he was busting a gut to go out for a while!! I have a feeling deep down that it is part of a plan to get OH back. During their marriage she played around so often (on the computer) OH would leave, she'd do either the 'it won't happen again' bit or the guilt 'you don't care about your children' bit' and he went back.

Last time she did it he left and then a few months later we got together and he isn't interested in her. A couple of times she's suggested they 'do things as a family' which he's turned down and he's also told her we are doing our own thing for the kid's birthdays etc.

Ah well, she'll learn AND I will be the skinny minnie she didn't think her ex could get :-D

Aww Sue your OH's Ex sounds like a right B****, I don't know how you cope with it, she sounds like she is definately playing mind games with him and using the kids as a weapon which is a terrible thing to do, don't let her get to you hun, I bet she will be seething with jealousy when you reach your target weight so you show her girl, it's a good incentive for the weight loss, take care and don't worry about the cake I am sure it won't make too much of a difference xx

Well, Monday's here already. A new week, a new .......... erm, haven't decided yet!!

One more week and then the children are off for a week. WoooHooooo (not) !

Just been shopping. Walked all round Somerfield and just bought milk. Walked all round Iceland and just bought vegetables and chicken - and I DID walk down the sweetie and ice cream aisles. Went in to a couple of shops with pick and mix, came out with plastic storage tubs AND walked past the chippie.

For me, that's a miracle!

Last edited:
Tuesday 9 Feb

Wow, was I PMTish yesterday! AF started this morning and scales have shot up. Hopefully it will have calmed down by tomorrow!

Just been to bank - looks like we have about £40 to last us 2 weeks. Now, that COULD be interesting!

Last edited:
Awwww I hate AF gains, the only good thing is it will come down again in a few days. £40 for 2 weeks?? Wow that will be fun! Have you got your cupboards stocked?

Wednesday 10 Feb

Looked at finances again and not sure I can afford SW for next couple of weeks. Looks like I'm going to have to wait for the next membership offer and rejoin.

Will have to rely on this site to keep me focused!!

Morning Sue! i haven't been to class since June last year when the same thing happened to me. I didn't bother going back cus I could no longer justify the expense and I was doing badly anyway. So this year I am going to give it a really good effort on my own and if I succeed I wont go back. If I find that I can't go it alone (as was always my belief) then I will go back. So far I am doing well without, we can support each other and be a virtual group!

Back