Sue's 'No More Pratting' Diary

Well, isn't life fun. Depite knowing that I'd had that news about my dad yesterday, my OH decided to taker the hump with my son about something and then got the hump that I didn't dive in to sort it out. I so couldn't be bothered with it all that I slept on the sofa last night. He didn't bother coming in to say goodbye this morning so a**eholes to it all. I've enough on my plate without putting up with that b**lshit so from now on, if his girls are round for tea or staying over then he can sort out all their s**t etc. If he wants to complain about them or their mother he can find someone else to do it to as I'll only get accused at a later date of always complaining about them,

Don't think the diet is going to go so good for the next few weeks!

Thank you xx

We had a long chat yesterday afternoon when he got home from work. I pointed out that when he had the hump with my son I didn't take my sons side (which is what he had the snots about), I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to listen to anyone about it! He totally accepted that it wasn't the right day to expect me to be interested in any disputes.

Elderly lady downstairs was shouting 'nurse' at 3am today. Went downstairs and she was standing at the bottom of the stairs (never seen her out of her ft before!) with her walking frame. She told me she was after a hot water bottle. I said I'd go next door and speak to Jenny (the woman who helps care for her) and suggested she went in the warm...but she'd locked herself out. Fortunately Jenny has keys so I woke her up, waited for her to come around, and then went back to bed (didn't sleep though!).

I'm more than a little worried. What if she had decided to head on out the front door? With her walking frame she would have gone headfirst on to the path. Also, what if she had decided to try the stairs (she told me she hadn't realised there were stairs otherwise she would have come and knocked). I feel both these are possible as her mind is getting worse.

I realised last night that I hadn't eaten since Monday lunchtime. ooops. NOT the SW way!

Oh well, tried but it didn't happen!

OH has taken all the children, including my lad, to a friends house for a few hours so I get a break.

Was up in the early hours helping get the woman downstairs back in to bed so feeling exhausted now. Earlier in the week she was standing at the bottom of the stairs shouting at 3.30am and had then locked herself out. This is beginning to wear me down now

3.30am. Been up since 3am as lady downstairs shouting. Fetched woman next door - turns out she had called the emergency doctor out yesterday and the woman downstairs has a cracked rib.

Woman next door has called an ambulance and they're just putting the elderly lady in there now. Hope they can give her some good pain relief at the hospital.

Hi Taz xx

i was knackered most of yesterday. We had an early night BUT didn't get straight off to sleep ;-D Once we did I slept right through to the morning. It helped knowing the woman wasn't there so wasn't going to be having any accidents.

A little stressed at waiting for my dad's biopsy results - a week and a half to go until they are through.

I did a 5km walk after I dropped my son off (to buy lightbulbs - could have got a bus but decided to be good!) and am now going to have WW sausages and bacon xx

Wow that's really good! I want to walk to work but I finish too late to walk home again :( I really want to walk more

Well, I'm totally off track. I have an absolute hate/hate relationship with food. I've lost any semblance of self control I ever had - which was never much. My mind's all jumbled with everything that even thinking about free food, healthy extras etc is doing my head in.

Don't get me wrong, I think SW is by far the best eating plan BUT I need to do something different to get me back on track and build my confidence back up.

From next Thursday I'm going to be following Cambridge Diet. Not on a very long term basis (though not told them that) but just so I can have some food-free time. A chance to not have to think about food and what I can and can't have. Towards the end of that time I'll be in a better frame of mind to think about this hate/hate relationship and reintroduce food in 'bits'.

SW will definitely be the plan I will come back to and will be by weight maintenance program but I need to have this break from food to get straight.

Good Luck on your CD journey x

Awwww hugs Sue!

Niknaks! Welcome back! Where have you been hiding?

Sorry hun for the late response- i was away in Romania last week. Just catching up now on minimins.

I was off plan for 6 months. But im back! Ready to fight the flab AGAIN :D

Sorry for invaiding your diary Suepat. I hope you forgive me:). Hope your all well. Now gonna go back to finish reading Sue's diary .. might comment again in a min :p xx

Thank you NikNaks xxx

I meant to pop in and see how your trip went sooner.

The lady downstairs is still in hospital. I have a feeling her nephew will persuade her to go in to a nursing home.

My dad had a prostate scan last Thursday and has a body scan booked for next Thursday so hopefully we'll have a definite answer on whether cancer is present and how far it's spread.

Had a remarkable good Friday night/Saturday with OHs daughters. Eldest is finally realising she can come and go (ie stay Friday night, hang out with friends Sat morning, come back in time for tea Saturday afternoon and then home). Youngest came bowling with us. Managed to jolly her up every time there were signs of a hissy fit brewing and stopped it happening whereas with her mother (and her father!!!) there would have been a scene.

All back here, Wii Mario Kart tournaments, buffet tea (gets round the 'I don't like' - this week anyway - bit!

Then home for the girls.

100% good weekend!

Son got swimming lesson now. 40 minute walk up there as haven't got the car and the buses don't run until an hour after his lesson starts!

Dad his appointment in two hours. Everything crossed.

The walk to the swimming pool was ok and the weather was sunny if a bit chilly.

OHs birthday on Wednesday. I cooked mini pizzas, french bread, nuggets, laid out sausage rolls, cold meat and cheese. OH had a chocolate cake with candles - and I didn't indulge!!

Back