Week 22

Wednesday 30th May...WI...21/2 lbs plus...16st. 61/2 lbs:classic_frown::classic_oops::classic_confused:
Great idea Diane - I could do with doing that myself!

Enjoy the Bank Hol weekend Mini - we're off on a 5 day break 2moro - will do my best not to go mad and I'm aiming to be strict the following week - would you fancy getting back to basics together?
I hope you had a good holiday:classic_smile:

I have to clear my head and get back to basics, otherwise at this rate I will be back to where I started.

Hi Mini

You can easily sort out that wee gain, how about going back to basics as if it was a week one.
Going to give SP a go this week...

Hi Mini,

we all have bad days/weeks. remember why you are doing this and get back to it.

you'll be down to the next stone bracket in no time x x
I seemed to of lost the plot recently and I am really going to do my best this week...it’s far to easy to let a bit of this and that slip into my mouth...denial comes easy to me:classic_roll_eyes:

Was hoping to of read a post from you this morning on how you got on last night with weigh in.

Will check back later.🙂
It’s hard to muster the energy when feeling so deflated after seeing the scales jump up another couple of pounds even though it was expected and knowing I have done this to myself and wanting so much to be good and then at the same time allowing myself to be seduced by a fresh fruit loaf with lashings of butter on it, washed down with copious mugs of tea. It’s amazing how something so simple can give so much comfort and transport me to 🧚‍♀️La-La Land🧚‍♀️ where once again all is well with my world.

Back to earth this morning and starting another ‘clean slate’...I could roof a house at this rate🏡:classic_roll_eyes:

Being in a muddle over the last few weeks, I have re-read up on every diet plan, watched a couple of dozen videos on YouTube, contemplated on changing to a low carb high fat plan...tried it for a couple of days and all I could think about was spuds, butter and bread :eat:...so I have ate my fill of spuds, butter and bread plus crisps for a butty. I guess I should also mention there was a very large bar of fruit and nut thrown in on one of those days but it did nothing for me:classic_eek:...I think (hope) my taste buds have changed...normally I would have to taste a few more bars of chocolate just to make sure I was not imagining it, but having done that before I decided to leave the sleeping 😴 sugar monster alone and not poke him back to life.

Even though the scales have gone up...I’m actually wearing smaller clothes and have loads of clothes once again to wear that look ok-ish on me...I’m also very aware that could change quickly and I really don’t want to go back to the bigger sizes.

I’ve got a few compliments lately on how good my skin looks and that I’ve lost weight and my husband says my face is not as round and that I’m beginning to look like me... I’m not sure why compliments makes me want to eat and sabotage myself:classic_confused:... I think I prefer to be invisible and people say nothing...now I feel I’m under the ‘critical eye’...where everyone feels the right to have an opinion on how I look...even though it’s all positive...all I can think 🤔 about is what where they thinking before and then my own inner critical dialogue fills in the gaps and I feel embarrassed and want to crawl away and hide and eat something comforting...I went through all this before when I lost weight but somehow had forgotten, probably because it was so long ago:classic_frown:.

I’ve purchased a count down and that will bring me into September...I’m hoping this new commitment will give me the results I would like...one part of me says I could be three stone lighter by then...the realist says if I stick to plan and don’t wander off, a stone and a half...going by my history since Christmas it is doable.

Thank you everyone for your support as it means so much to be...on those days when I’m down and find it difficult to put one step in front of the other..reading your comments is like a soft wind from behind that helps to push me forward.❤️

Thanks Diane:classic_smile:

I really did over do the carbs...nice at the time, followed by a carb hangover:drunk:

I seem to repeat the same old patterns...one step forward and two back:angeldevil:. When I am in self-destruction mode it is very difficult to stop...it's like an out of body experience. I can see what's happening but unable to acknowledge it. I know too many carbs have always done this to me...it's my drug of choice...some drink, some smoke...I do carbs!:classic_roll_eyes:

Today...So far, so good!:classic_smile: Head is back along with my determination.

I hope by doing SP this week that I can get back to my two stone off...

I'm half convinced that some of my weight gain is fluid retention due to the heat?:classic_cool:

Thats the spirit @Mini Straight back on it before you do any more damage.

A good week could see a couple of lbs off.
You put on 5 1/2lbs in 3 weeks.2 weeks before that you had a 5lb loss so you could easily have a big one this week.
I need to get back onto some sort of eating plan. I had a bag of midget gems the other day. Could easily of bought another one the following day but I talked myself out of it as 1/ I didn't really enjoy them and 2/ I don't need them.:)
Keep logging everything then you can see if anything is starting to creep in that shouldn't be. Then you can do something about it before it gets out of hand again.:)

Thursday 31st May
SP Day 1

Breakfast
Pint of water
16 almonds HexB

Lunch
Chicken salad
Olives 11/2 Syns
Cheese HexA
Bottle of water
2 cappuccinos 8 Syns

Dinner
Turkey salad
Pint of water

Snacks
Tea with skimmed milk 2 Syns

Total: 111/2 Syns
Body Magic: 45 minute walk

Attachments

• 2FEF5AEE-10C3-4ED8-9C64-4CD41CF6066A.jpeg
    2FEF5AEE-10C3-4ED8-9C64-4CD41CF6066A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • F8DCA68B-5E20-46D5-BD5B-888BFCBC27D0.jpeg
    F8DCA68B-5E20-46D5-BD5B-888BFCBC27D0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
I love carbs as well but I’ve stepped away from them to a certain point, not too many, just the right balance.

I could easily eat ten slices of toast/butter but like i said, I can’t keep doing this anymore, I'm 52 this year and i really want to enjoy life, but I can’t do it if I’m obese, fact.
Don’t forget on the old green and red plans you could have two each of the healthy extras, so if you need to have two then i would, especially if it keeps you on track, i didn’t do it everyday, only when i needed that extra bit and it saved using my syns. SP is similar to the old plans and i found it much easier to stick to as i love the extra choice.

So step away from the self destruction and enjoy your journey Mini, who knows, next week you might get into the 15s in one foul swoop.
I love carbs as well but I’ve stepped away from them to a certain point, not too many, just the right balance.

I could easily eat ten slices of toast/butter but like i said, I can’t keep doing this anymore, I'm 52 this year and i really want to enjoy life, but I can’t do it if I’m obese, fact.
Don’t forget on the old green and red plans you could have two each of the healthy extras, so if you need to have two then i would, especially if it keeps you on track, i didn’t do it everyday, only when i needed that extra bit and it saved using my syns. SP is similar to the old plans and i found it much easier to stick to as i love the extra choice.

So step away from the self destruction and enjoy your journey Mini, who knows, next week you might get into the 15s in one foul swoop.
Good advice Diane and I so admire how well you are doing...you really have it this time.

I feel mentally if I break into the 15 stone bracket I would be on my way...

Thats the spirit @Mini Straight back on it before you do any more damage.

A good week could see a couple of lbs off.
You put on 5 1/2lbs in 3 weeks.2 weeks before that you had a 5lb loss so you could easily have a big one this week.
I need to get back onto some sort of eating plan. I had a bag of midget gems the other day. Could easily of bought another one the following day but I talked myself out of it as 1/ I didn't really enjoy them and 2/ I don't need them.:)
Keep logging everything then you can see if anything is starting to creep in that shouldn't be. Then you can do something about it before it gets out of hand again.:)
That 5lb loss was nice...I would be over the moon if I managed 5lbs this week...going to give it my all.

Well done you Mary for resisting temptation...it is so easy to let things slide:classic_oops:...funny you should say that you didn’t enjoy them...that’s how I felt about the chocolate...still, I kept eating it until it was gone.:classic_roll_eyes:

Friday June 1st
SP Day

Breakfast
Pint of water
Coffee made with 250ml of skimmed milk HexA
16 almonds HexB

Lunch
3 Ryvita Multigrain Rye cakes 1/2 HexB
Cottage cheese
Blueberries
Cherry tomatoes
Grapes
Salad leaves
Pint of water

Dinner
Smoked salmon
Salad leaves
Capers
Plum tomatoes
Gherkins
Lemon
Strawberries
Pint of water

Snacks
7 cashews 1/2 HexB
Cappuccino 4 Syns
Tea with rest of HexA

Total: 4 Syns
Body Magic: 60 minute walk

Attachments

• C176C241-9197-4968-BE1A-1D007B6B7DEB.jpeg
    C176C241-9197-4968-BE1A-1D007B6B7DEB.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • 6EE7435C-E46E-4A52-87DC-6A7DDF906531.jpeg
    6EE7435C-E46E-4A52-87DC-6A7DDF906531.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Week 22

Wednesday 30th May...WI...21/2 lbs plus...16st. 61/2 lbs:classic_frown::classic_oops::classic_confused:

I hope you had a good holiday:classic_smile:

I have to clear my head and get back to basics, otherwise at this rate I will be back to where I started.

Going to give SP a go this week...

I seemed to of lost the plot recently and I am really going to do my best this week...it’s far to easy to let a bit of this and that slip into my mouth...denial comes easy to me:classic_roll_eyes:

It’s hard to muster the energy when feeling so deflated after seeing the scales jump up another couple of pounds even though it was expected and knowing I have done this to myself and wanting so much to be good and then at the same time allowing myself to be seduced by a fresh fruit loaf with lashings of butter on it, washed down with copious mugs of tea. It’s amazing how something so simple can give so much comfort and transport me to 🧚‍♀️La-La Land🧚‍♀️ where once again all is well with my world.

Back to earth this morning and starting another ‘clean slate’...I could roof a house at this rate🏡:classic_roll_eyes:

Being in a muddle over the last few weeks, I have re-read up on every diet plan, watched a couple of dozen videos on YouTube, contemplated on changing to a low carb high fat plan...tried it for a couple of days and all I could think about was spuds, butter and bread :eat:...so I have ate my fill of spuds, butter and bread plus crisps for a butty. I guess I should also mention there was a very large bar of fruit and nut thrown in on one of those days but it did nothing for me:classic_eek:...I think (hope) my taste buds have changed...normally I would have to taste a few more bars of chocolate just to make sure I was not imagining it, but having done that before I decided to leave the sleeping 😴 sugar monster alone and not poke him back to life.

Even though the scales have gone up...I’m actually wearing smaller clothes and have loads of clothes once again to wear that look ok-ish on me...I’m also very aware that could change quickly and I really don’t want to go back to the bigger sizes.

I’ve got a few compliments lately on how good my skin looks and that I’ve lost weight and my husband says my face is not as round and that I’m beginning to look like me... I’m not sure why compliments makes me want to eat and sabotage myself:classic_confused:... I think I prefer to be invisible and people say nothing...now I feel I’m under the ‘critical eye’...where everyone feels the right to have an opinion on how I look...even though it’s all positive...all I can think 🤔 about is what where they thinking before and then my own inner critical dialogue fills in the gaps and I feel embarrassed and want to crawl away and hide and eat something comforting...I went through all this before when I lost weight but somehow had forgotten, probably because it was so long ago:classic_frown:.

I’ve purchased a count down and that will bring me into September...I’m hoping this new commitment will give me the results I would like...one part of me says I could be three stone lighter by then...the realist says if I stick to plan and don’t wander off, a stone and a half...going by my history since Christmas it is doable.

Thank you everyone for your support as it means so much to be...on those days when I’m down and find it difficult to put one step in front of the other..reading your comments is like a soft wind from behind that helps to push me forward.❤️

What a lovely, honest, heartfelt post Mini - I (and I'm sure others) can relate to your words/feelings. I think all we can do is to keep going cos the alternative isn't acceptable is it? We will get there but when we achieve our goal - that's just the beginning isn't it - cos we have to then maintain for the rest of our lives - the plus side is that it's worth it even when we occasionally fall off the straight and narrow! xx

What a lovely, honest, heartfelt post Mini - I (and I'm sure others) can relate to your words/feelings. I think all we can do is to keep going cos the alternative isn't acceptable is it? We will get there but when we achieve our goal - that's just the beginning isn't it - cos we have to then maintain for the rest of our lives - the plus side is that it's worth it even when we occasionally fall off the straight and narrow! xx
Thank you upndown:classic_smile:

The alternative isn’t acceptable that is for sure.

I have almost got to goal a few times over the years...the last best attempt was 9 years ago:classic_eek:...don’t ask me where the years went as I have no idea.:classic_roll_eyes: I’m hoping by the time I reach goal that by doing SW that maintenance will just be a natural part of my way of eating...I only cook and eat things I like and adjust them to fit in with my Syn allowance...I don’t see SW as a diet as such...just a healthy way of eating keeping carbs under control.

I would love to be able to say that I will never again indulge in a carb binge...who knows?

My head is now back in the right place and I feel focused...long may it last:innocent0001:

Glad to read you're back on track - I like your description of SW - we eat similar things but SW is adaptable so can suit everyone I think :)

Glad to read you're back on track - I like your description of SW - we eat similar things but SW is adaptable so can suit everyone I think :)
Totally agree...Husband eats practical the same way, with slight adjustments to suit what he likes:classic_smile:

My hubby's the same - I'm a fussy eater but thankfully he's not!

My brother Richard is now doing SW. He is getting on quite well. He doesn't eat a lot of speed but is still losing slowly.

Well done Rich

Well done Richard - he might start to eat more speed later on when he gets used to SW - I think it takes a while to understand how all the parts of the plan come together. Does he go to a class?

Saturday SP Day
Breakfast
Coffee made with 250ml of skimmed milk HexA
8 almonds HexB (half)

Lunch
Mussels
Side salad
1 slice of wholemeal bread HexB (half)
Scrape of butter 1 Syn
Bottle of water
2 cappuccinos 8 Syns

Dinner
6 Ryvita Multigrain cakes HexB
Cottage cheese
Blueberries
Strawberries
Kiwifruit
Tea with skimmed milk HexA (rest of 350ml)
Pint of water

Total: 9 Syns
Body Magic: 60 minute walk

Attachments

• 462D3BCE-A532-4E4B-BC36-4E48E25EBD73.jpeg
    462D3BCE-A532-4E4B-BC36-4E48E25EBD73.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • C1A63960-3287-4DE5-8008-F17E575567B7.jpeg
    C1A63960-3287-4DE5-8008-F17E575567B7.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 17F9C450-4336-4D68-8AE1-5EE531984F5A.jpeg
    17F9C450-4336-4D68-8AE1-5EE531984F5A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Your doing well Mini, great to see you back on plan 😀
So far it’s been good...

Best part is that I now have a huge variety of old clothes that fit and I now have gone from worrying about what will fit, to what will I wear.:classic_tongue: Husband keeps saying, “is that new”?

Back