Super Speed Soup

I'll give this a try this week - thanks!

Can I ask a daft question - do you drain the mixed bean salad? I also guess I could leave out the baked beans (I really can't bear them :( )

This sounds lovely - I wonder if I can get the Mr to eat this....

I made it a few weeks ago . Unfortunately it was not to my taste and the ingredients do work out quite expensive . A few of my class members have tried it and did see good weight loss which had previously been stagnant.

I love this soup, haven't had it for ages so thanks for the reminder.:)

Just remember that it's not free on a red day!

Can I ask a daft question - do you drain the mixed bean salad? I also guess I could leave out the baked beans (I really can't bear them :( )

I used a tin of mixed pulses in water and drained them. Same with the tinned green lentils.

You could leave out the baked beans, but once you have whizzed it all up, you don't taste them anyway :)

I had this soup everyday for the past 2 weeks for lunch.. First week lost 3 lbs and second week 4lbs. It really is super speed soup but now I need a break so Im having the chilli chicken soup for lunch this week and maybe will alternate with the super speed soup next week... The only thing about the super speed soup is I find it gives you alot of wind!!lol

I used a tin of Sainsburys mixed pulses in water - it contains chickpeas, soya beans, black eyed beans, pinto beans, red kidney beans and adzuki beans.

I think the word "salad" may be confusing as it makes us think of beans in vinegrette from the coleslaw department.

I had this soup everyday for the past 2 weeks for lunch.. First week lost 3 lbs and second week 4lbs. It really is super speed soup but now I need a break so Im having the chilli chicken soup for lunch this week and maybe will alternate with the super speed soup next week... The only thing about the super speed soup is I find it gives you alot of wind!!lol

oh the chilli chicken soup sounds interesting - could you post the recipe please?

Just had my first bowl of soup - I think I will be changing it every day by adding chilli or fresh coriander or whatever I have to hand. Its yummy but I think I will get bored :sigh:

Julesy you will love it the ingredients are: 1 Red chilli. . 1 Onion. . 1 Rashers..1 clove garlic . 2 chicken breasts . 1tbsp thyme.. 2 potatoes..8oz sweetcorn 2 Chicken stock. . Salt and pepper .
You basically fry light a saucepan cook onion, chilli and Rashers then add chicken just until it's coloured and then add stock cubes in 2pints of boiling water and the rest of the ingredients and let it boil away for about 20mins. I also added mushrooms and broke up loads of spaghetti in it so it was like a noodle soup.. It's so gorgeous yum yum
I got the recipe of the slimming world website and loads others I'm going to try!

I made this for the first time today, and OMG it is delicious! Despite loving all the ingredients in it, I was half expecting to not really like them in combination - no idea why lol. I added about half a tbsp of chilli flakes to it too, gives it a nice pep :D

Hi can i replace the beef stock cubes with veg stock ones and also sorry to sound stupid but what is the mixed bean salad and where can i buy it from? If i cant get hold of it will it matter if thats not included x

You can always replace 'meat' stock cubes with veg ones (I usually use my own HM veg stock for stuff like this, but I'd run out, so had to resort to Veg OXO cubes instead)
The mixed bean 'salad' is available in tins in most supermarkets. It's basically just 4 or 5 different kinds of beans, and/or pulses. You could substitute it with a tin of any kind of bean/pulse/mix (or equivalent amount of dried beans/pulses, soaked and cooked according to packet instructions) you wanted if you can't find it. Never be afraid to adapt recipes if you can't get exactly the right thing ;)

do-able in a slow cooker you think? ( mom bought me one and I got to find something other than stew to do in it.. )

do-able in a slow cooker you think? ( mom bought me one and I got to find something other than stew to do in it.. )

Of course - I often make soup in my slow cooker :) Although it might depend on what size your slow cooker is - if it is one of the smaller ones, you might find that it won't all fit - this recipe does make a lot of soup!

There are loads of slow cooker recipes on here, you should easily be able to find something other than stew to make :D

Back