Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

I will start out by trying to resist but...you know lol....

Turning out to be a lovely day - lots of wellwishers coming past, and am just about to be taken out for coffee now. Had salami and cheese low carb tortilla for brekkie and cor the salamihasn't half made me thirsty! Onto my third litre already!

hey are you going out again with work?

Evening susie :) wine oclock yet? :D

Hey Chicka. x

Evening lovelies - sorry, had a mad afternoon filing docs and pics away, doing a handover note and other boring but essential stuff.

And then big surprise - a gift and speeches! A lovely bottle of Rioja and a gorgeous big box of Sanctuary stuff. Very unexpected, I'd only been there a few months, but most welcome.

Home now, and yes Katie it is wine o'clock - not too late tonight though, heading down the coast if the trains are still running (Network shriek "Wrong sort of rain on the tracks!") for a 10am appointment to sign some mortgage paperwork.

How's everyone? xxx

Red wine definitely - flat's too small for a bath (unless I stand outside lol) but am in my comfy clothes and old lady slippers - bliss!

Just had the power all shut off suddenly eeeekkk - but came back on 5 mins later. I was just starting to dig the emergency candles out!

Have my slippers on - always do. Hate cold feet:D

Morning Susie :)

Morning Jim, morning all

Was supposed to be headed down the coast but the agent is unwell, so doing it next weekend instead :)

How's everyone today?

Morning Susie:)
So any new plans - or just joining jim in the slobbing? :D

Looks lovely. Have already figured out where to put it in the new flat:D

LOL yes it will fit in beautifully in St Leonards :) Unfortunately for the time being it will need to lean up against a wall in my teensy flat here - but it is something I've been looking for, for ages, so v happy :)

Hi Susie,

I am trying Harcombe atm so thought I would just say a little about its been like for me if that helps at all - 1st week lost 2lbs but it was pretty hard and was full of headache for most the week, the Yeo Valley Natural Live Yogurt and Kallo Crispy Rice were my saviors all week!. 2nd week lost 3lbs and the main introduction was cheese. I did have the odd carb breakfast of porridge with oatly milk and the rest of the meals were fat meals (ie very Atkins! and very Jim like as its no frankenfoods at all!)

It does seem to have broken my plateau as I am dead on 14st now. If I get into the 13's it will be my lowest weight for nearly 20 years which is a big mental step for me.

Came across this WOE as I was recommended to go onto an Anti-Candida diet. After a couple of weeks on Slimming World having bread and sugars in my life again I had terrible itchy skin and really bad spots and dandruff. In that respect Harcombe has made a massive difference (my long standing dandruff has practically gone and my skin no longer itches like mad!).

It is not massively different to Atkins, it just gives you the scope to have carb meals so for me that means the occasional bowl of porridge in the morning with frozen raspberries but every other meal for me is always a fat one :)

Nic x

Oh thx so much Nic, that's really helpful! And well done for getting down so low, that is really brilliant :)

I am sure I have candida, similar symptoms to you plus itchy scalp, so thought I would give it a go. I really like the idea of more veg - and oats and yoghurt too :) Mr Tesco is bringing everything I need this afternoon so I will be ready to get into it tomorrow :)

Do keep me posted on how you're going, and any tips! xx

Evening all

Mr Tesco has been and my cupboard is now full of things it hasn't seen for a while (puffed rice, brown rice, cans of tomatoes) so I'm now ready to start on Harcombe tomorrow :)

Heading to bed with a book now - have a great night all :)

Back