Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

xxx

Last edited:
Morning Susie - hope it goes well today! :)

Morning Susie love, it's today is it?

Afternoon all

The news is that my building has been chosen as one of the starting points for the Olympic torch relay. We're on the BBC website here
[FONT=&quot]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/london/

Also may get into the Standard - but the ITV filming has fallen through as they don't have any producers! But the bosses are still happy yaye :D

[/FONT]

Is it the big glass building in the picture? I thought you worked in something very old???? Or am I just confused.com again?
Afternoon Susie, glad the bosses are pleased :D

Yes it's the big glass building, Bren. I'm greedy and have two offices :D The one in Greenwich is the Christopher Wren one.

The glass building is the Laban dance faculty, designed by the chappies who did the Bird's Nest in Beijing.

That is SO exciting Susie!!! You'll be on the telly talking about it soon!!! Well done! :)

Morning Susie! Hope you have a fab day! Looking forward to seeing you and Katie on Saturday! :)

Morning Susie, I prefer the Christopher Wren one myself, but yes tahat building is stunning indeed.

Morning all

Di, I am not sure if I can make Saturday now!!!! I have two festivals on - the Greenwich Jazz Festival (we're running it for Greenwich Council) and the Early Music Festival - and media are coming to both, so I will be working all weekend. I should have told you all earlier - but it just completely didn't click in my brain that the Minis catch up was this weekend. Can't delegate the work to anyone, sadly, they need the media manager there.

Free tickets on offer though...
Greenwich International Early Music Festival and Exhibition

Greenwich Council - Music - Greenwich Jazz

Can I meet you for dinner on the Saturday?

Hi susie and di - looks like most likely only the three of us free this weekend and maybe alpy if all works out. Shall we just aim for a nice dinner sat night since you are both busy during the day. Where do you fancy - another nandos or something a bit different? What time suits for you di since you are travelling back - 6 or 7? Will be nice to catch up again! Once we are set we can stick details back on main thread and see if any last minute additions

Ps susie - all very exciting at the moment so look forward to hearing more!

Xxx

Depends where we're going to eat... 6 if it's not too far otherwise 7 :)

Sorry to be a potential spanner in the works but I just don't know how it's going to pan out on Saturday. Got some recording with R3 to supervise in the afternoon - but so far, should be Ok for 6pm

Hi di - why dont you pick a place convenient for you since you are only just back but no rush if susies working - shall we aim for 7 then?

Susie - assume you need to eat sometime so will make it?:D

Or... Why not aim for 6.30? :)

It is outrageous, Bren :)

Guys I am really sorry but will need to say no at this stage, it now sounds like I will need to take a group of journalists out for dinner, along with some other managers.

A few hours later....oh lordie what a day, infighting, squabbling and finger pointing at Communications from all directions - but we have been supported by all the managers, so live to fight another day. People are all very tense, comes of having two big events at the same time.

It has now been confirmed that I am guiding journalists all day tomorrow, dinner tomorrow night, all day Saturday and dinner Saturday night. I'm trying to get out of taking them to lunch on Sunday....enough already!

I am so sorry to have to bow out at this late notice, was looking forward to a good catch up and relax - but it can't be helped. Have a wonderful time!

If anyone's interested, our Head of Music, Claire Mera-Nelson, is being interviewed live by Radio 3 at 1pm on Saturday - but I'm sure you have much more interesting things to do :D

And OMG caught not one but TWO mice today brought in by Lady Orbit - doesn't get any easier no matters how many times I do it!

Last edited:
Hi Susie, sorry to hear but sounds like you will be outrageously busy! Hope you get some downtime sunday....
Will set something up when you have more time

And (squ)eek to the meeces;)

Xxx

Back