Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

I was looking at Bude too as there's a bus from there down to Tintagel but it seems like a pain to get to and after a 6 hr train journey I'll be nearly dead and need to collapse.

A cottage sounds a bit lonely for just me - though I looked at renting a flat somewhere. I don't drive and get tired very quickly so need to be close to public transport.

So I think I might go for a b&b in Newquay. It doesn't look the most charming place but there are coach tours from there so I'd do one to st Ives and st michaels mount one day and one to Tintagel and Boscastle, and get the bus to padstow another day because I'm a sucker for Rick stein.

Plus I need to factor in a day between each activity to sleep, such is the nature of my health. Though I'd like to go dolphin spotting too...

Thank you both for your tips xx

Your photoshoot sounds like the beginning of a dirty joke, Susie!

Great to be working from home on a Friday Susie. Politician and dancers sounds scandalous :)

ML- It's a life long dream to go to Cornwall (on my own) I'm thinking - 'Love out of Season' (maybe a Cornish setting can't remember) Hotel Du Lac' defo not a Cornish setting but love the whole staying at hotel on my own vibe :)

Hi Susie, hope friday has shot past and you are ready for the weekend:D

ML - good plan to avoid france in school hols - will be packed!

Evening all - been at work since midday and am just home now - can't go househunting tomorrow though, got to work :(

Still, it means a quiet weekend - just me, the cat and the computer...

Time for food, I had no brekkie and not much lunch.

Hi Susie, lots of great travel information in here at the moment!:D I haven't been on a proper holiday since 2006 :eek:, but tbh I don't really want to go anywhere much until I'm properly mobile again (ie. not half-dead just from putting my trainers on, lol).

I saw that programme on BBC2 and it was very heartening viewing. Only today a friend of OH's, whilst congratulating me on my weight loss, was condemning Atkins as a thoroughly unhealthy way to eat. Apparently, I may lose weight, but it's going to kill me :rolleyes:.The sooner the message gets through to people that they're more likely to keel over from their sugary diet than I am from my fatty one, the better. :cool:

Anyway, enjoy your dinner, whatever it is! :)

Scrumbles said:
Hi Susie, lots of great travel information in here at the moment!:D I haven't been on a proper holiday since 2006 :eek:, but tbh I don't really want to go anywhere much until I'm properly mobile again (ie. not half-dead just from putting my trainers on, lol).

It's been my health that's held me back too, as well as crippling anxiety about how I look - so mental and physical I guess. I know it will take a huge amount out of me physically to go anywhere/do anything but I decided when I got my osteoporosis diagnosis on top of everything else that I had to start doing things now or I'd never do anything in my life at all.

And then I didn't do anything about it... Am going to really try and change that though, even though it's terrifying.

Hope you're getting some good rest after your day, Susie. And catching up on meals! Sounds hectic!

Having a holiday sounds like a great motivation to stick to plan, lovelies :)

I'm watching a bit of tellie, then heading to bed. Will catch up with all your news tomorrow xxx

Morning all

Just 2lbs off for me this week - but a loss is a loss :)

Tintagel is amazing, Marty - very atmospheric!

Nipping down to the post office, then got to do some work - but at least it's a nice day out there today :)

B - omelette with chorizo
L - pork with mustard mayo and spinach
D - lamb and cauli mash, probably

Have a great day all xxx

Morning Susie!!! I'll thread hijack now so apologies :)

I live in Devon and I have to say there are plenty of beautiful places between here and Cornwall, Cornwall musts are Perranporth and Bude, also Newquay and Porthpean..........Bude is busy as is Newquay, very tourist'y, Mevagissey is gorgeous and then Padstow where Rick Steins restaurant is and chippy and it's very cheap!!! Padstow and Perranporth have to be my favourites!!!

Don't forget St Ives which is also beautiful.....!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Cornwall is magical whichever part you visit...i love it.
have a lovely weekend,and well done on the loss.
xx

Morning all

Lovely day here - yaye!

Tried my Spiralo kitchen toy last night - it makes fab courgette spaghetti! I chucked the spirals in the microwave with some butter and - ding - Yum City :D A lot of people who have reviewed it online reported that the courgette tasted really sweet and it's true, it was scrumptious.

Busy day yesterday, so a lazy one today - and a big sleep in this morning :)

Not sure what's on the menu today - big plate of bacon and eggs in a mo :)

yum !
i had scrambled eggs and bacon for brekkie.
might just snack on some chookie for lunch.
enjoy the sunshine. :D

Haha courgette noodles eeeverywhere. I want to try zoodle carbonara soon.

Glad you're having fun with your new kitchen toy, Susie...I want one now! :rolleyes::D Won't be able to move on this forum for vegetable pasta, lol.

Hope you enjoyed your bacon and egg brekkie and have something nice lined up for dinner (mind you, we're on Atkins, so there's always something nice for dinner!:D)

Back