Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Did you ever see the dvd series?

Nooooo I didn't know there was one!!! OMG how could I have missed it? :) (unless you mean Zen, with the to die for Rufus Sewell?)

Morning all, came to work early to miss most of the crowds coming to Greenwich to watch the horse jumping (in the rain, poor sods). There are three people here - instead of about 40! :)

I loved Zen!!

Mmmmm me too - it was so stylish and such an excellent interpretation of the books - can't believe they aren't making any more.

And OMG Val is absolutely right - some of the Brunetti novels were made in Germany, with English subtitles - have found them on Amazon for an ouchie £12 per two episodes. Wonder if they are any good? (which translates into - "Can I afford to buy them and further my crime novel obsession?" LOL)

Later - just how slow can a day go?!!! Might bring a book tomorrow, I'm so bored!

Last edited:
Sorry you've got loads on, Bren!

I think it's because I have to do the July media summary, a horrible job, so I'm putting it off and just boring myself stupid instead :)

Later...

Just had loads of carby junk for lunch and feel dreadful - physically and mentally. Doesn't help that the rain has set in...

Am going back on l/c on Friday. I don't know how I will get on with the two periods a month thing, that's usually what makes me give up - but I'm so tired of always feeling tired, and being hungry five minutes after I've eaten. Might up my carb allowance a bit so I can have more veg.

Am feeling rubbish too... The carbs are stopping my brain thinking and making me feel tired and sluggish x

Then we will help each other keep on the straight and narrow - at least, you will keep on the straight and narrow and I'll try not to fall off the wagon :D

I've got to stop having a sarnie for lunch. I spend all afternoon bloated! Think I may go on a little walkabout as I can't concentrate. Trying to sort out a problem, think I've got the bones of it done and just waiting for responses now. If it all hits the fan my conscience is clear that I've gone above and beyond.

Sorry it has been a stressy day for you, Lisa - do go for a walk, let the wind freshen up your thoughts.

So dam muggy here, I just took two steps and already started 'glowing'!

Decided to leave work at 5.30m when I realised a) no one else had been there for at least an hour and b) I saw a mouse running past.

Had to battle my way onto the bus against 92 Japanese teenagers (Susie 1 - teenagers nil) - and then the driver did a go-slow all the way home! Arggghhhhhhhhhhhh.....

I really have to pull my finger out tomorrow and concentrate on the rotten big job I don't want to do. Also, totm approaches. Oh joy. When the heck is menopause gonna happen?!

Sorry it has been a stressy day for you, Lisa - do go for a walk, let the wind freshen up your thoughts.

So dam muggy here, I just took two steps and already started 'glowing'!

Glad it's not just me! I was practically melting at the garden centre this afternoon, and I'd only been wandering around for about 5 minutes :rolleyes:

So you'll be back low carbing? I kinda thought you'd be carrying on with JUDDD as you were getting on well with it? :confused:

I did really like JUDDD but it's too easy to get carried away on the UDs. They're fine as long as I stick to low carb - but therein lies the rub :)

I don't know - will see how I feel at the end of the week. Wonder what courgette soup is like cold? :)

I did really like JUDDD but it's too easy to get carried away on the UDs. They're fine as long as I stick to low carb - but therein lies the rub :)

I don't know - will see how I feel at the end of the week. Wonder what courgette soup is like cold? :)

Quite revolting I should think :p (I hate cold soup!)

Funny thing with UD's is that all I wanted to eat was carby junk in spite of the fact that I love eating my low-carb nosh when I'm on Atkins. Weird. :confused: There are folks doing JUDDD that manage to combine it with low-carb/paleo type food - I've seen their diaries - but I'm beggared if I know how, lol!

Evening Susie... My brain doesnt work at all during the diet break... It must be the crap I'm feeding it... Hope you don't see any more mice!! Hugs xxx

Just as a suggestion Susie - I wonder if starting Atkins at a higher stage than induction might suit you better? If you kept to 50g carbs you'd most likely still have good losses at least for the first few months and then you could gradually cut down if your losses slowed? The higher carb intake might mean that your totm is more stable (total guess but if only low carb causes it then maybe worth a try) and being able to take some kind of packed sandwich lunch might keep you from reaching for convenient high carb things when you're in a rush? Also I know it's easy for me to say as I'm not allowed to drink at all - but from my own past experience and from reading everyones diaries here and on other forums I really think cutting back on the booze can be one of the biggest keys to success on low carb. I know lots of people do Atkins as you are allowed a drink after induction it just seems to me that a lot of people are really sensitive to it. So a restriction on the type of alcohol and when/how much - like I think you were doing for a while - might be a big help. It's all a matter of tweaking the diet into something manageable for you that you can still lose weight on.

If you did start at a higher carb level though, I would work out exactly what would make up the extra (non induction) carbs though, so that 9 days out of 10 you could grab two slices of bread and a bit of fruit, say, and know that besides that you get induction vegetables and that would be it. Keep it straightforward and routine so you don't have to spend all your time reading food labels.

Good luck xxxx

Morning all - and thanks so much for giving my woe problem so much thought, ML - that is good advice! I'd been thinking of how I could get more veg in - I really do feel a lot better when I eat more veg, so that could well be the answer :)

Greenwich has gone quiet today, no more equestrian events, so it's pretty peaceful here. Am going to actually try and do some work today :D

Afternoon Susie, still busy here, accounts and month end, you know how it is lol. Hope you have a productive day today xx

Afternoon Susie!!!!! xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Afternoon all

Had a good day, with a bit of company in the office, so managed to make a good start on the July media summary (the torch coverage, University Challenge, lots of other broadcast - so a good haul, so to speak - but 32 pages to be formatted yeuch!) - but as I got to the office at 8am, I lost concentration and veered off course about 3pm and picked up on my hard work so far googling tablets - and bought this little cracker http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008B6JILM/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

I'd been dickering over an iPad for ages and much as I love my iPhone, I don't like everything being tied to Apple. Plus, there was the cost difference! And as Justifier #3, when I do finally move, I need something to do work stuff on that doesn't weight the same as a laptop. So what do we have?

Full HD, loads of memory, light weight, fab screen resolution thanks to the capacitive IPS screen, Wifi and bluetooth, great reviews and a promised 8 hour battery time.

Difference from iPad - a memory card slot which can take capacity up to 48Gb....and Flash! Not as many apps but I don't have loads on my phone anyway. And £180 vs £450+ for an iPad.

Happy days (hopefully!) :D

Back