Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Orbs is still on flies, wish she did spiders too!

At least it wasn't as bad as the Huntsmen spiders you get in Sydney - I once nudged what I thought was a big piece of dirt on the floor with my toe and this THING unfolded massive hairy legs until it was as big as a saucer. I kid you not - the beast was huge!!!!!

Last edited:
Ooh will watch horizon now!

A friend sent me a Dara o'Briain DVD for my b'day - just watched it... He's sex on legs ... So funny and hugely intelligent - 2 musts in a man! Lol

Are you an Atkins babe tomorrow Susie!? Xx

LOL not quite hun - did a VERY silly thing yesterday - ordered my shopping, full of lovely Atkins things - and somehow forgot to check out!

So it's ordered but not arriving until late tomorrow - so it's a Tuesday start for me.

Later - actually it will be tomorrow - I want to get started so it will be on a higher carb level, like Scrummie suggested :)

Last edited:
Interesting article Susie and looking forward to the Horizon doc tomorrow! Very JUDDDD like!

Been thinking about eating and what I really want to do - think it will be lowish carb but not Atkins.

I'll cut out the main culprits - pasta, rice, bread, potatoes and so on - but I really want to be able to enjoy veg, yoghurts and berries.

For example, I just had a courgette and tomato thing ("stew"?) - 2 cans chopped tomatoes, 4 courgettes, a good squirt of tomato puree, some garlic and basil, a little oil, and simmered it all down until the tomato was thick - then mixed in a little cheese. It has made about 5 big servings, and was lush, I'd been craving tomatoes for days! :)

Oh sounds very yummy !

That sounds like a plan, Susie! :D

I'd be lost without tomatoes - they're in practically everything I know how to cook, so we'd probably starve without them:eek:, lol

Good luck with this new approach!xxx

Oooh Dara O Briain. I love him, although I used to love him more until I went to his live show and I think he must have had a bad day as he was quite standoffish with the audience. Kind if defensive and weird - it was like he was atracking us because he expected us not to like him which was confusing because besides that the show was great. So that's made me feel odd about him, but most of the time I still adore him.

Top tip: if you like comedy DVDs buy Adam Hill's inflatable. I think it's exclusive to HMV. He's such a gentle, kind and lovely man. Really funny man and also managed to make me cry real emotional tears which is impressive for a stand up show.

& Suzy, good luck low carbing! I suggest you do set yourself a carb limit and stick to it though, otherwise it can be easy to loose track. Then you can incorporate extra veg, yogurt and berries etc while still knowing you're in the weight loss zone - I'd say somewhere between 40g and 50g carbs? That's the level recommended for the best loss on things like paleo.

Morning Susie.....I'm going to peruse through my books today too.....

I'm fancying yogurt and fruit with honey
.....! Which doesn't normally bother me in the slightest.

Tomatoes really are not going to kill you, plus they are full of lots of good things! xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning SusieSue... hope you feel invigorated and full of beans today!! xx

ML... thank you for the Adam Hill tip... I'll certainly look him up. Comedians are the most insecure and vulnerable of professions - I used to know a couple when I did a bit of work in a voice over agency.

Morning all

Awake at 3am for about three hours, had to resort to a cup of tea which oddly makes me sleepy - and woke up at 10! Luckily I'm wfh today, and there's hardly anyone at work anyway, so no one noticed :)

Thanks for all the kind comments - and ML I agree, I'll aim for about 50 carbs a day - but I was still a dedicated Label Detective for my shopping, so everything's as low carb as possible.

Back to MFP from tomorrow! :)

TMI alert - after over a week of period pain (I'm not kidding), totm has finally arrived...

Last edited:
Just had my yummy tomato-courgette thing for lunch and worked out on MFP that it's only 10g carbs for the bowl, yaye :) And 176 cals - not that I'm really worried about those, so much.

I think this higher carb allowance is really going to suit.

So pleased about the carbs working for you Susie! Hope you get into your stride and rhythm ... Well done for catching that horse and throwing a saddle back on him... Go Susie xx

LOL hun - can you imagine me running after a horse with half a saddle hanging off it? :8855:

Did WI this morning - 313 - so a seven lb gain from the last little effort - but that was fully clothed plus totm so hopefully that'll be a little cheat for next week :)

Ha ha... I love your style!!! Fully clothed and totm equals at least 7lbs! Lol xx

Let's hope! :D

Mr Tesco has been and the fridge is now bursting with lovely stuff - just need my landlord to pull his finger out and get me a new oven now! Hope he's not away....:eek:

Morning Susie sweetie... hope you have a great 50g carb day... and hope the oven gets sorted soon!! xxx

Back