Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Hi Susie et al

It's a scorcher again, no air con here, but we do have a fan and that works great love. I could do with something to help me stop smoking, I've tried pretty much everything in the pat and it hasn't worked. The best one was Zyban, thaty stopped me for 5 or 6 years I think until I stupidly thought I could have just one cigar one christmas. bad idea.

Hi Susie et al

It's a scorcher again, no air con here, but we do have a fan and that works great love. I could do with something to help me stop smoking, I've tried pretty much everything in the pat and it hasn't worked. The best one was Zyban, thaty stopped me for 5 or 6 years I think until I stupidly thought I could have just one cigar one christmas. bad idea.

Have you tried Alan Carrs book 'easy way to stop smoking'

I could do with something to help me stop smoking, I've tried pretty much everything in the pat and it hasn't worked. The best one was Zyban, thaty stopped me for 5 or 6 years I think until I stupidly thought I could have just one cigar one christmas. bad idea.
I'm with you on the smoking Jim. I gave up for a year with Champix then stupidly started again thinking I'd just stop again easily but 18 months on and I'm still at it. Tried the patches but was allergic to them and came out in enormous red lumps and the e-cig made me puke!

Morning all! :)

Sorry to rub it in but I'm so chuffed I've got the week off :D

Getting to spend the next two days with my bezzie mate (over from NZ) and see if I can talk her out of wanting to go to Oxford Street :eek: - as totm is proving to be a nasty one, I'm hoping instead it will be wine and much chatting inside! :)

Sxxx

Rub it in all you like. I will be doing the same for 2 weeks from Friday :D

We actually really need the break. Trev has been doing overtime and I'm just knackered :eek: The only break we have had so far this year was a few days at the start of June so we've earned it!

I'm with you on the smoking Jim. I gave up for a year with Champix then stupidly started again thinking I'd just stop again easily but 18 months on and I'm still at it. Tried the patches but was allergic to them and came out in enormous red lumps and the e-cig made me puke!

Hey guys please try Alan Carrs 'the easy way to stop smoking' I'd tried everything until I read this book. I've been stopped 2years now, I honestly thought I'd be last person on earth to be able to stop.

Hi suse! Hope your having a fab time off...you deserve it x. Sorry to hijack your diary x.

Great to have time off Susie - have a good time. You could try one of those desk top fans they work great. We have several from Tesco. Think they're about £15.

x

Morning susie,

come to my house and give me £100 and il just lock you up in our garage, you will be slim in no time ;)

I'd love to pack in smoking but I have been reading online about the success rates, quite good however people say even though the withdrawal had passed there isn't a day goes by where they don't think of having one, that just sounds like a nightmare to me :( no hope I guess. So I'd be a slave to them no matter what by the sounds of it.

Jeez it's bad enough eating well but thinking of chocolate 24/7 that craving never properly left me. I think once you've opened a door in your brain to any addiction, it will forever be there like a blummin stamp!

Hope you have a fab time off work in the sun!

I'd love to pack in smoking but I have been reading online about the success rates, quite good however people say even though the withdrawal had passed there isn't a day goes by where they don't think of having one, that just sounds like a nightmare to me :( no hope I guess. So I'd be a slave to them no matter what by the sounds of it.

Lauren, better to live desiring (but not having) ciggies, than living in very bad health or dead. Sorry that is terribly harsh, but if you give up smoking, you wil be healthier AND wealthier. -Just a thought. I know people who gave up smoking successfully, I have also lost people who died from smoking. That's the ugly truth of it.

Afternoon all

Thanks for all your comments - very helpful.

My friend has just left, after three fab days together just catching up (plus a bit of shopping and many wines had last night). We also got to view the flat again, which was great because she can picture it once she's back in NZ :)

Hope you're all keeping well hydrated!

Thanks Val :)

My free book download is getting a bit addictive, got over 400 books to read :eek::D

Had a power cut this morning for a few hours - and when I rang to find out more, experienced the best customer services from UK PowerGen! Seriously...picked up the phone on the second ring, courteous man who gave me the answer straight away and regular text messages to update on the engineer's progress, then a call to double check my power was back on! If only everyone was like that.

Well the weather seems to have turned here, but both Orby and I are enjoying some cool. Gonna chill with a book or two, then a friend is coming round for tapas and wine :). Enjoy your day xx

Afternoon susie,

hope all is going well with the move? Enjoying the sun? :)

No sun here today hun - but it's always sunny in my heart (sounds of womiting) LOL :D

The owner thinks we might be able to exchange by the beginning of September, which would be amazing, and then move in at the end of the month after the work is done. Cross fingers (gosh how many times have I said that?!) :)

Wow to September Suse! Did I ever tell you how lovely your are.......any chance of visiting you out there??? Lol :)

Lol to sunny heart .....No sun here in Cambridgeshire either.

Enjoy your Sunday x

Back