Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Evening all

Good news re my uncle - the docs are now talking recovery instead of him not making it at all - albeit a long and slow recovery - but I can tell you I got the best night's sleep last night in a week :D

Am indulging in a glass or two of vino, couldn't get any mustard pork crackling to go with them sadly, I'll just have to imagine for the time being :)

Came across this article which I thought explained carb levels really simply and clearly - How Many Carbs Should You Eat Per Day to Lose Weight?

Have a great evening!

Afternoon all

just waiting for a friend to come round for tea and a cupboard carb handover :D Found this fab recipe (at least, it sounds fab) on the Low Carbing Among Friends FB page - Maria Mind Body Health | Fried "Apples" - Maria Mind Body Health

Apple stew/sauce was always one of the things I missed, so will be interesting to see if it hits the spot - but aren't people clever - and creative - with the low carb alternatives! cxxx

Last edited:
Sorry but that looks awful. Ooh Yey coming back to low carb!!!!! Have you been on yummly? That's good you can change it to low carbs etc and ask for recipes without flour etc

Hi Susie,
Good article and summarising levels. Unfortunately for me i think my levels are lower probably caused by all those years of carb addiction!

Welcome back to low carb which i do think is possible on a lower budget. It will take planning but that's best for success anyway so gives a good double focus:)

Also glad to hear news about uncle at least on improvement path as that has been so difficult for you ((hugs))

Xxxx

Thanks Katie - and afternoon all

Been a very lovely lazy weekend for me so far, friends came round yesterday and took away some carby tinned stuff, but i've still got a bit to go and much as I would love to give it to a foodbank, I'm broke and need to use it up - so will aim to start low carb a week tomorrow. At least all the wine has gone :D

V thanks for the Yummly tip, I'll go and check it out - but have kept all my fav l/c recipes in Say Mmmm, so am not starting from scratch at least :)

Hope you're all warm and dry!

Hi Susie, what a horrible day! Definitely one for staying in warm dry. I've been working all day but now time to relax and waste my life on the web instead! :D
Good plan getting prepared for next week - i also just went back to beginning of my diary and used that to get me focused again on induction food;)

At least if you plan ahead you can have the best possible start xxx

Afternoon all

Busy morning - I do a Press and PR 101 class Monday mornings for some interns - and we just finished the last one, yaye :)

Doing my low carb shop today for delivery tomorrow, will cook up stuff Wed, so looks like Thursday will be my start date. I have really mixed feelings, tbh - I really love low carb food, love that it doesn't bloat me up, love cooking from scratch and love trying out new things. So lots of things on the Pro list (apart from losing weight, natch).

On the Con side - bread.

Isn't it silly that one thing could scupper all the good stuff?! I'm going to make up lots of bread-like things (like cauli pizza and Katie's low carb flax bread) and have them ready in the freezer for the bread attack days. Ah preparation, my old friend, let's work together this time eh? :D

Sxx

It's all in the planning isn't it! You've done this before so can do it again. It's such a shame that Atkins relies on keto otherwise you could have it say once a week or something but it's not worth dipping in and out is it. As soon as you decide you're not having something you get the :gimi: don't you! Anyway this is for you :banana dancer: Go Susie! xx

You know what ? This time on Atkins I haven't missed bread at all. Not Pitta not naan not buttery toast nor pizza. I am in the zone and you need to get out choosing bread substitutes too for the first couple of weeks maybe and see if you can get where I am too x

Not sure if giving up the substitutes will work for me, as Lisa says, I turn into a gimme gimme every now and then :)

Decided to drive to both Aldi and Lidl after work and compare prices. Don;t think I've ever been to Lidl before!

Later - am having a lovely time googling low carb recipes, this one isn't induction but omg it sounds lush! http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2010/09/easy-recipe-for-baked-pesto-chicken.html

And some really nice and simple recipes (esp on the Baking page lol) from a Kiwi - http://www.lowcarbcooking.co.nz/index.php?option=com_content&view=featured&Itemid=76

Last edited:
Morning all

Checked out Lidl (not bad on the price of meat and chicken) but couldn't face the traffic to get to the Aldi - so I've got a bit of stuff in now, but for the hassle I think I'll just stick to Tesco online :)

Nice to see some blue sky here :)

Good luck with LC Susie, must say I am loving the food , and you are right you lose the bloated tummy etc, remember to drink plenty of water, I need to remember to drink more and fill water bottle to keep on my desk at work.
India and Neris idiot proof diet cook book has some great, easy and very tasty low carb recipes,
:)

Afternoon all

Headed to the doc this morning - had a headache for the last three days that's not responding brilliantly to nurofen - and after a very long wait he said it's either stress from the last few weeks OR a virus OR I need an eye test. No mention of all the bad stuff I'd been imagining! He does support me doing Atkins, which is great, said he lost three stone on it a few years ago - but advised that I wait until this sore head thing is gone.

So start date will probably be next week.

To cap my day off I just poured coffee down my shirt - and I have to accompany a TV news crew around...thank goodness for my scarf, which will cover it up!

Evening xxx sorry to hear about your headache Suze ! Are you stopped smoking? Maybe that's it

Back