Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Hi ladies

Sorry to go quiet but a mad couple of days at work, as well as working in the evening :eek:

All good here, still haven't got rid of the headache completely and not sleeping too great, so I'm putting all other concerns, including low carb, on hold for the moment until I can get right in the zone.

Will catch up with your diaries over the weekend.

Morning all

Well this weekend has been all about sleep, including a three hour 'nap' yesterday and a full night last night, so I must have been a bit overtired, probably just all the uncle stuff catching up with me. Feel a bit dazed this morning but no headache YAYE!

I read an interesting kindle book last night - How to lose weight, by Victoria Chambers. It's not about low carb, but she does approach the issue of setting goals for weight loss and exercise very sensibly, I thought. I am still in two minds about whether to go all out low carb or do 5:2 - the latter would accommodate my bread fetish (there's no other word for it lol), so I might give it a go for a week - nothing ventured and all that. I did try JUDDD for a bit and did fine on the fasting days with the world famous Susie's Courgette Soup :D - and it would work better with all the late nights I've got coming up at work this term.

Lovely day here, shame I have to spend it doing the laundry I should have done during the week :( But at least my wardrobes are up now, and clothes hung up, so am one step closer to getting the flat finished. The bookcase is being built next week and then the last of the boxes can go - and then I can think about getting a single iron bed for the spare room. Time to start the clothes/books decluttering I should have done before I moved!

Aww you must have needed the sleep. I've been reading about carb cycling I think I'm.going to do it. X

Just had a quick read some web pages - it sounds really interesting, some have complicated formulas - but this one sounds doable - Carb Cycling for Weight Loss: Does It Work? - Life by DailyBurn

I like the suggestion that it will give you increased energy - I never once got that burst of energy after the Atkins flu was finished, and after a few months I'd feel like I had no energy at all - so maybe will try it with you, hun!

And shame on me but my eyes lit up at the idea of a reward day! :D

I find the idea of carb cycling really interesting. I suppose I have inadvertently done it a few times in the past without thinking about it.

I've been thinking recently about maybe having the odd saturday off plan - we always eat out and i'm ok at them moment but i know in a few months i'll probably get fed up of eating the same thing. Also i need to up my carbs a bit once i start my treatment so this looks Like it might be doable. The only thing is the willpower needed for getting back on it after "treat" day and not using it as an excuse for a long term carb fest - I might struggle with that I think.

I'd be really interested in knowing how you get on if you go ahead with it.

You posted as I was typing. Lol same site.

Great minds sweetie :D

JG will definitely report back, it sounds like it might work well - if I can just figure it out! :eek: The link Val and I posted mentions Chris Powell, who is an amazing guy, but his book got varying reviews - anyone else read it?

And shame on me but my eyes lit up at the idea of a reward day! :D

Same :) I'm going to give it a go. Up to 50g carbs on low days and I need to research the low days carbs. Every other day works perfectly with my gym aswell.

http://www.sweatlikeapig.com/2012/10/15/carb-cycling-10

This is great it works out how many carbs fat and protein you should have. I have read one book on the kindle this morning and downloaded carb cycling shredbelly fat fast or something. Ordered the Chris Powell book on Amazon cos no kindle version :) been to shop already got Greek yoghurt berries oatmeal flax seed. Am now going to work on my meals. Think the fat might be a hard one!

As much as I would like to do the turbo one I'm going to do the normal. Mon low tues high Wed low thurs high Fri low sat off Sunday high. This fits in with my gym three times a week too. I'm excited.

I'm starting tomorrow. Have a look on fitness pal I've got every day sorted. I think I'm going to struggle with
High carb days. What can I up my carbs with might take a bit of getting used to
The low fat. Keeping it low on high carb days.
Shopping next week Brown rice Pitta bread wholemeal wraps. wholemeal bread parsnips Swede and carrot tomatoes red onions Yey!!! Will be able to have curries and rice again and stir fries with noodles. :) think it will take a bit of getting used to aswell. Roll on treat day I know exactly what I'm going to have !!!!!!!

Tomorrow low carb
B Atkins bar
L pulled pork (if there is any left) salad need to cut down on the mayo
S yoghurt with berries
Gym for class at six
D parmesan mayo chicken with curly kale fried in little chilli oil
S marmite cheese bites
Lot a of fat but it's a start

Tues high carb
B porridge with skimmed milk
L same as Monday
S yoghurt and berries
D scrambled egg cheese and tomato on toast
Gym running and weights
S wasabi peas

? What do you think?

Looks good hun - I might be a couple of days behind you, can't quite get my head round the proportions. If I go on my body weight x 1.2 I'll be eating all day!

Well that's rubbish I think we need to get the book. I've ordered it and will read up. I think the protein it's saying is a struggle for me too!!! I'm sure the Chris guy hasn't written it just for men at all. I'm doing 50g carbs low. Trying to get to over double that on high. Fat 80 on low carb days half that on high carb days and protein trying to get to about 120 each day. Works out at about 1500 cals per day x

Back