Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

I hear you on the big boost, sounds a great plan Susie. You could patent it, write a book and make millions, now that's a motivator lol. Glad you don't have to fly so far away atm, it would be so stressful for you. I feel the same about cc. X

LOL Val - millions would be most welcome.

However, I am managing to confuse myself dreadfully - the fridge is full of both carby and non carby stuff (not one but two loaves of bread, bagels, naan bread....how did they get there!) so am completely L.O.S.T.com about what woe to do without wasting stuff.

Suggestions? :eek:

One hour later....I've changed my mind AGAIN! I know I am a ditz sometimes but even I'm getting fed up with me....anyhoo....I've made a list of all the things that cause me to hiccup on low carb. Namely - bread. But I've found a great link to lots of low carb alternatives http://lowcarboneday.com/2014/01/grain-free-substitutes.html (posted it on Just Recipes too), so I am going to clear the house of bready stuff and start afresh on l/c on Saturday.

And that's my decision for today. Probably.

Last edited:
If your doing low carb Susie, I love the Explore Asian organic pastas. Soybean spaghetti and mung bean fettuccine. No long list of ingredients just 2, the organic beans and water so healthy as well. They are more carby than zero noodles but sooo much nicer. They have about 15 or 17 carbs per 50 grams and when cooked makes a filling amount. Wholefoods and amazon have them. Could use in stir fry, cheese sauces or bolognese Not tried the black bean spaghetti. A bit pricey but lowish carb and low fat, a life saver for me. Good reviews.

Amazon.co.uk: explore asian organic

Morning. Why not do what I'm doing then you can have carbs one day and low carb the next. Best of both worlds? Xxx

Morning Susie:). Dont listen to vicster- low carb is fab! Personally i couldn't mix the days as when i eat any carbs i'm starving and have no will power:eek:

Thanks for book link - have downloaded and off to check out the recipes
Xxx

Morning all

Back at work but not feeling the brightest, gone are the days when I could survive ok on three hours' sleep...

V - many thanks for your post, but I read through my own diary over the weekend and I just don't think I have the discipline to do your plan, hun! You have so much more discipline and focus than me - I would fall straight back into the high carb bread thing. So, I think Katie is right - so it's back to induction on Saturday. I'll do it for two weeks and then go onto a slightly higher carb level straight away and see how I get on.

Katie - there's also a Kindle freebie called Paleo Soups and Stews, has some nice recipes too.

Oh well, better do some work. Love you all for your support and kind words xxx

Hi Susie, I am so sorry about your Uncle. Sometimes things happen than make you feel pretty helpless... :(

I have downloaded two of the free low carb books and pointed them out to a friend who I encouraged to try Low Carbing, and he is loving it. Though he is now experiencing the same c**p as we all get -"Experts" who think low carb is dangerous. The good thing is that he was prepared for it and can, at least, argue from an angle of some medical knowledge, seeing as he is a nurse.

I hope you are having a second wind now (assuming you had a first) and that you arent snoring on your desk, LOL! (((hugs)))

LOL Lynne - I'm just heading off to get more coffee :) And thanks hun, it's not easy but friends are being great.

Tell your friend about the Low Carb Diet kindle link I posted last night - there is a terrific myth debunking section that I found really helpful.

My slim pasta has arrived - very quick delivery - I got 5 packs each of the penne and the spaghetti from Amazon, which work out at £1.24 a packet, so more expensive than regular wheat pasta, but only 0.4g carbs per pack. I'll try the penne tonight and report back.

Nearly time to go home, woohoo!

Hi susie, sounds good and will help with choice for meals. Let us know what it actually tastes like:) xx

I sent him the link straight away :p, but will point out that it has the info he needs, should he want backup against the "experts". I am amassing quite a nice collection of low carb/gluten free/paleo/keto-type books on my trusty Kindle. It would be a good idea if I set about reading them LOL!!!!

Ha ha anything that makes the numbers fall on the scales gives me willpower! Good luck suze and stick to it ! Xx

Morning all

Sporting a slight sore head head today after a mate came round to commiserate about my uncle (she met him once on hols in NZ), the wine flowed (for the first time in a few weeks, I've just realised) and we talked me into considering going home for the service. Then I woke up in a cold sweat at 5am this morning (groan) as I realised that I just couldn't get there in time after sorting out Orbit and everything else.

We did have some of the slim pasta - the penne one - washed thoroughly and then zapped with some cheese. It was quite rubbery, no taste, just the cheese - but could be the perfect quick fix for when I crave some pasta, herbs and cheese after work.

Two more days to go!

Yes Sam they are, so I am guessing you wouldn't like them.

Maybe try the beancurd pasta that coffee posted earlier on this thread?

Oh boy is it home time yet? I just cannot have wine during the week any more, I am so tired! Hate being reminded that I'm not 21/31/41 any more :) But my cleaner will have made the flat all spick and span and put lovely fresh sheets on the bed - bliss! :D

Back