Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Night night Susie I might do the same as have the diet and recipe books! I will be reading intently to see how you're getting on :D.

Good luck xxx

ps thanks for sharing Nic and well done on the losses xx

Morning lovelies

Up early :eek::D to wait for the screen to be delivered, should be a nice day if the rain stays away!

Day 1 Harcombe

B - bacon and eggs
L - pork stir fry with rice
D - roast pork and cabbage
W - 2-3 litres
E - already been for a walk :eek:
A - nope :)

Last edited:
Hey Susie. Just read the last 10 pages or so of your diary and wow! Talk about starting a new phase of your life! Wonderful. I'd just like to wish you all the best for the moves and for Harcombe!!!!!!!

Thanks Ransch:love: lovely words :)

Well done for plunging through so many posts! : After a pretty awful year last year, it is an exciting time, with some of the big life issues falling into place :)

Right, I'm off to Aldi to get some face cream (it's such good stuff and for £3 a pot you can't argue lol) and might have to see if they have any of the ice cream makers Bren mentioned :D

Morning Susie:D

Good to hear you are set up on harcombe - will be interesting! Have fun considering icecream- i'm still hoping for a bit of sunshine today - fingers crossed!

:D
Xxx

LOL think we might be out of luck with the sunshine, Katie

Well, trekked to Catford and...they don't have the face cream, boo :( Never mind, I can get it on eBay :)

Just finished reading Barry Groves, "Eat fat, get thin" - it should be on the school curriculum - with just a few pages he has been able to expose the nonsense we are told daily about low fat, calorie counting and exercise - that has been PROVEN not to work and which makes us more susceptible to heart disease and cancer.

I don't normally get too worked up about things but I feel really angry that governments allow manufacturers to sell us such rubbish as Special K and Flora (didn't enjoy the bit where he talks about the incredibly high levels of linoelic acid in Flora!) Argggghhhhhhhhhhh!

Phew, sorry about that. But do get the book, it makes a lot of sense and is easy to digest (pardon the pun :))

Very chilling day here, the roast pork is on, dishes done, managed to sneak in a nap :)

Barry Groves? Haven't heard of him but sounds good. I knew all of that stuff was too good to be true like Flora. I mean did the skinny first humans have marg to lower their cholesterol? No. What they did have was meat and plants and water. Basics of any good diet surely. No diss to veggies intended there, that is a choice and everyone is entitled to choice. But I feel that surely if man has survived for thousands of years with the things put on this earth then there has to be a reason for that. And the obesity epidemic did get worse when the low fat brigade (government) started trying to tell us what to do. See never trust the government, lol :p

Absolutely! :) I found his book really interesting, it's a good explanation of how we use and store energy, all about amino acids and things we don't need - for example, all the chemicals and nasties they put in margarine OMG, stuff like benzene, caustic soda and nickel - and the argument about cholesterol is very convincing.

Always interesting to see a non standard point of view! I am convinced that the only certainty is we haven't a clue - so i'll sit in the cynical disbelieve everything camp;)

LOL am still waiting for the completely scientific and well researched "Eat all the cake you want and lose weight" book...:)

Lol .....plus red wine diet:D

Any of them diets start up you can sign me up! x

I've read a couple of his books Suze... he does make plenty of sense, books like that just tend to get slated!

Shame about the paperwork today. x

I was going to visit the coast yesterday but we can do some of it by email during the week, then I can instruct my solicitor :)

Back