Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Hey lady Susie quick query re harcombe .... it states you can have v low fat (live) yoghurt and in phase 2 v l fat milk & yoghurt yet most low fat equals high sugar not sure how this fits in with the diet and I think that's part of the reason I failed at dukan eating l f yogs, oatbran, veggies etc.

Interested in your thoughts my lovely not dissing the diet just a-wondering xxx

Hi hun

All yoghurt is live, so (from what I can see from the forums) most people have full fat yoghurt, especially Yeo Valley (but not flavoured ones). I bought Total 0% because I didn't realise this - but will get Yeo from now on :)

I'm still not clear on the milk thing, need to read the book right through :)

But no Atkins bars today, or sugar free anything!

Well done my lovely its great getting to the end of the day and thinking its been a good one!

I am a little confused with the diet but am skim reading ... not sure on the not mixing carbs and fats meals in phase 2 am guessing its to do with our body metabolising the meals 'correctly' but can't find an explanation.

xxx

Its about how our body processes fats & carbs differently, so if you mix the two its something about an insulin inbalance, can't remember the scientific facts tho!

I have natural yogurt on Atkins & pretty much have since moving onto OWL, couldn't be without if really. x

You have the low fat yog and milk with a carb meal and you have the full fat yog or cream with a fat meal. No mixing the fats and carbs is the key :)

Morni ng Susie, any plans for today?

she starts her new job today Jim :D

Tee hee afternoon all - just sneaking in for a quick howdy.

It's not precious here about internet use and they have music playing (which I actually find really annoying but am going to let it flow over me lol).

Nice bunch of people - but oh so young - and poor office manners, no one will pick up other phones when they ring, and stuff like that - drives me nuts! But it'll be fine :)

Harcombe is going well - I don't really think it's that different from OWL, but hopefully will be the kickstart I need :)

B - bacon and eggs
L - tuna, lettuce, grated carrot and beetroot with lemon oil
S - 25g brown puffed rice and Total yoghurt
D - roast pork and cauli mash
W - 2 litres
E - might try walking home, about a mile
A - nope - Day 3 :)

oh enjoy your walk home love xxx

Abandoned the walk - peeing down here - so decided to stay dry :)

And OMG I ate - no, sorry, inhaled - dinner at 6pm, I haven't been home this early in ages! :)

Last edited:
Oh boy am getting the low carb headache and flu, so gonna head to bed with a book and some nurofen. Sleep well buddies xxx

Back