Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

It's down on the south coast, where I want to live, so is ideal from a number of points of view - but don't want to jinx it so will tell you more when I can :)

And Di - thanks, lovely post - flexibility is the key, especially to deal with what life can throw at me! :)

Evening Susie:)
All sounds very exciting and as usual all change;). When will you know enough to make the decision on the flat?
Anyhow, all crossed for you
Xxxx

Morning Susie, fingers crossed then love :)

Are you getting nervous about Saturday? I am.

Morning and thanks for your kind comments.

Yes Jimbob I am getting a bit nervous - I think all of NZ is holding their breath at the moment, and got lots of friends ringing this week to arrange to Skype me during half time :)

B - omelette and salad
L - chicken salad
D - lamb curry with rice
S - yoghurt
E - lots of running about
W - 2 litres
A - no

Evening Susie:). Hope the net can keep up with all the skype that will be needed:D

Morning Susie... Hope you sorted out your Skype! :)

Morning Susie,

who do you fanct for tomorrow, Oz or Wales? i'm for Wales I think

Afternoon guys

Jim - I'll go for Wales too - seeing as Oz are the mortal enemies of Kiwi supporters everywhere! :D

Sorry it has been a bit quiet from me, but there have a few big decisions going on here. Good news re the new job, got an interview! Not sure when, next week, I expect.

In the meantime, and following the whole "My life is a soap opera" theme, I have withdrawn from buying the flat. There are all sorts of mutterings at my current job lately, about restructuring and job losses - and when that happens, the contractors are usually the first ones out the door. I kept thinking back to how miserable things were for me last year, and I had vowed to myself that I would NEVER get so financially worried ever again - but if I bought the flat, lost my job and had a struggle to find another one, then I would put myself straight back where I was before - in the poo! :D

Luckily we haven't exchanged, so it's just a few hundred for solicitors fees, and then I am free to decide what to do.

If I don't get the new job, then nothing lost, and I have plenty to see me through.

If I do get the new job, then I'll rent somewhere really nice for a couple of years, down on the coast, and stash as money away as I can, and then buy outright - so, no mortgage and no debt!

It's the right decision, I know, but talk about keeping things lively! :D

Hope you're all having a good day.

Don't really have a choice, Bren, I don't have a contract at the moment so they could get rid of me at any point. Been pushing for a new one, but there's a general view in HR that it's completely Ok to take several years to sort things like this out.

HR, hmmmmmmmmm I used to hate it when I worked on that side of things.......wishing you loads of good luck for the interview xx

There is a time limit that HR have to stick to when providing contracts... Worth keeping up your sleeve in case you need to get a bit tougher with them.

Horrible situation ... I'm dealing with so much at the moment :)

Hi Susie:)
Big news about everything! I can understand your concern about the flat - maybe the garden issue was a sign! Very exciting about the job opp - but in the meantime just hope it all comes together well
Xxx

Thx lovelies - just home from the pub :eek:, I know, shocking on a schoolnight lol, but my lovely boss finishes tomorrow so myself and three close girlies had an impromptu party - and talked about - work, work, annoying people at work, annoying people, fireworks :D, skiing, dogs, dogs and cats, more cats - and so on. A Very Good Evening.

Then was unlocking the door to home when a dear friend rang who, bless her, gave me 10 minutes to turn the lights and heating on and feed the cat, then rang back - and then we nattered on for 90 minutes about life, her wee boy, my dramas, love and life.

So am now catching up with your diaries and sitting here awash with contented thoughts :)

Hope your day was the same.

Back