Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Forgot to say - we're doing a big concert at the Royal Festival Hall next Saturday - and I have loads of free tickets if anyone would like them. The music is contemporary, edgy and a bit out there - called Surrogate Cities, and composed by a leading German composer called Heiner Goebbels, you can watch some of it on You Tube. it's being played by our (Trinity Laban) Symphony Orchestra :)

There's also lots of acts going on in the public spaces of the Southbank from 3pm, leading up to the concert. It's all part of the BBC's Music Nation weekend, which is a Cultural Olympiad thing.

Let me know here if you want them.

Goebbels? Poor guy. I'd change my name. Just looked it up on YouTube but the interview's in German. Sounds like an exciting project though, best of luck.

Morning! If someone wants to come and pick me up, I'll go to the concert. I can pretend to be sophisticated for a few hours! :D

i didn't take the chance......not made a coffee yet:)
morning lovely you and georgous fluff ball :D

and if any one is picking clairecat up, can you pick me up too?

How lovely!

I play the violin - nowhere good enough to play professionally, although I do play in a ceilidh band. The accordian is loud enough to cover over my mistakes :D

That sounds great Almost! Xx

It's really great fun. Get such a buzz out of it! We started off as an offshoot of a local folk club which met twice a month. And we've become pretty popular - lots of booking this year and two weddings so far!

We have a rather original lineup - we have mouth organs and a flute!

oh I love ceilidhs!! not been to one in ages, gay gordons my fave

Morning all

After a weird night's sleep peppered with lots of odd dreams, I'm up and sort of awake - Orbs decided 9am was way too late to be lazing around and patted me awake, not too gently! Now it's clean up kitchen time...but might make a flax loaf too, I keep promising to take one into work.

B - bacon and eggs
L - tuna salad
D - sossies and mash

:) just did my morning blurb and came to see you and are you baking a loaf - mine is in the oven!!!

Ooooh thanks for the reminder Val, I did have some cheese in the afternoon, wonder if that was it? Also been a bit worried tbh - my lovely boss's wee boy got taken into hospital on Friday with meningitis - and that's been on my mind.

Cross post Es - great minds think alike eh? :) have to do some washing up and then the loaf's next. Really fancy marmite on toast :)

Back