Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Thanks all

I'm wet from head to toe, and very, very cold - but also very happy because despite the organisers mucking everything up, our orchestra and the kids performed beautifully - the Queen looked enraptured, and everyone was very proud of them. So, a good day.

Just waiting for the boss to come back from a meeting, and then I'm going home to warm up in the shower!

i'm so very pleased it went well in the end,especially for the children.
hope he's not long,so you can go warm up.

Thanks all, just arrived home and changed into something nice and dry, the heating is on, and I have some Glayva in case my insides need heating up too, so all good - amazing how the simplest things can make us feel better! :)

Except that Orbit has brought a mouse in in the last day or so - and lost it - so is wandering aimlessly around the flat. But we have at least confirmed a housesitter, so for 10 days in May it'll be their problem hehe :D

So what's next after being made a lady? Are you going to be another rung of Felsham after yr brush with Her Maj today?

Fantastically well done Susie,.. Will copy you an email I just received from a friend who's nephew did the catering today!!

Small world... Hope you warm and toasty now!! Xxx

Morning all

Had NINE hours' sleep without waking and going to the loo three times like I normally do! :) Could really do with a day of SFA but got lots to follow up on, then it's on to planning for the next big events. Between now and July, when we host the Olympic torch at our dance building, I have several big concerts to help promote - so, it is really busy.

But time for some personal outpouring - I am feeling very nervous about work at the moment, to be honest. The boss is speaking to his boss today/tomorrow to see if he can get an answer about whether they want to keep me on or not. I've been out of contract for months now, and am still in limbo - and you know I'm seeing these flats on Saturday? They expect you to put a deposit down there and then or you miss out, but I don't want to do that in case I'm suddenly out of a job. I know they love what I do and all that, but money is tight, so they might make the decision to chop the post - and I don't want that to happen five minbutes after I sign on the dotted line for a flat! :(

Last edited:
You should tell them that. You'd like some sort of stability / confirmation so you can commit to a house. They should understand that.
Lim sure it'll be fine though love xx

I have, sweetie, oh I have...neither Piers (lovely boss) or I can understand what the hold up is.

Still, he is going in fighting for me, especially as I've just done the media monitoring for Feb and March (running a bit late there, oops) and from Jan to March there has been a 121% increase in coverage - and all of it positive!

Morning Susie, your doing a great job and have him on your side. They have to have someone and what better person than you.

Everything crossed. x

Fingers crossed Susie - uncertainty is always unnerving.

Hope you are looking after yourself after cold wet day yesterday
Xxxx

Oh Susie, you must be really stressing about this, I am praying for a positive outcome for you, and quickly - who would do the job if you weren't there ffs?????? xxxxxx

Oh it sounds rubbish!! And they waited until you'd put all the work in for yesterday!! I'm so sorry and sincerely hope it has a positive outcome... Huge hugs coming your way!!! Xxx

Sending the positive vibes :vibes:xx

Home after quite a good day, actually - had a good clean out of my email inbox and deleted 110 emails! Feel a bit more organised now...:)

Back