Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Hope your sleeping now lovely......!

I must have a look at said house sitters website, is it expensive??!

I'm always worried about letting strangers in my house, how does it work??

xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ladyfelsham said:
Woohoo just paid for my holiday in September - here's the details in case you're interested :)

The Elegance & Charm of the Italian & French Rivieras | Tours | Leger Holidays

It's exhausting spending all this money, time for a nap :D

Hi Suze, this looks great. Thanks for sharing! I'll definitely do more investigation into it.

I feel like a boob for being so late But Happy Birfdee to you! I hope you had a fantastic day.
Still catching up on diaries so I'll be back here soon.

I hope you and Orbs have a smashing week. Enjoy the sunshine x

Afternoon lovelies :)

Just woken up after I crashed out for an hour or so, much needed after finally getting to sleep at 2am (the work at Tesco finished at 1.30am - yeah thanks for that!) and getting up at 3. I'm getting too old for this....

Happy to report that it all went smashingly - the music and dancing was perfect and the trumpet fanfare went without a hitch. We had about 500 guests inside the fence and about 1500 local people outside, so managed to draw a good crowd - no TV cameras, sadly, LOCOG insisted they all focus on Doreen Lawrence (mum of Stephen Lawrence), which I suspected would happen - but lots of fab radio and a very happy crowd. LOCOG said they thought it was one of the best starts of the entire torch relay, and the Lewisham Council feedback is we got 20 out of 10 - it was "warm, community focused and very classy" - so, all good.

Here's a pic from the BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18953800

Got a thumping headache now, so will work for a bit and might grab some more sleep :)

Tigs - thanks for the birthday wishes - accepted any time of the year:)

Jo - re Trusted Housesitters - it costs £30 for an annual subscription, which is pretty cheap when you consider it costs a tenner a day for boarding, or if you use those companies who come in and feed your pet once a day - and this way Orbs get the love and cuddles she needs all day long, and there's someone there at night. They are all police checked and have pics and references, but I think it's a bit like online dating - you get a good feel for who seems the best fit for you. Lovely Shannon, who looked after Orbs in May, wasn't available in September but two of her friends, who often do backup house sitting assignments for her, are free - so think I'll go with them - but the offers keep coming in - had nine so far!

Hope you're all getting this scorching weather - 28 degrees here!

Yay so glad the torch day went well - though with Susie at the helm how could it not? Hope you can get some much needed rest now.

Well done Susie, your fab. Great photo!

Prob a stress headache hope you get some good sleep.

Sun!! It's been bucketing here all day :( Can't wait for holiday.

Superstar Susie wins the day and leads the torch-carrying crowd to another victory!!

So proud of you Susie... Hope you're resting and drinking and eating and sleeping... xxx

Morning all

Thanks for all your lovely comments - smooches all round :) I did sleep well thanks, probably too well - feel like a stunned mullet this morning...oh no wait, that's how I feel every morning! :D

Back on the juddd/healthy eating plan this weekend - not sure what to do, really. Might just focus on super fat burning foods for a bit...

Have a fab day, all xxxx

Morning Susie ... you do make me chuckle... I was feeling like a mullet this morning too! lol

Great that you're getting the focus back for the weekend!! Well done! It's so hard to get it back so I'm very impressed that you're back on track so quickly!! xx

Afternoon Susie, what does a stunned mullet feel like lol - hope you feel less stunned as the day goes on xxx

Thabnks Brendle, I do feel better - but only because I snarled at some tourists in the Greenwich M&S at lunchtime. Asian teenagers will gaggle together and queue jump at their peril! :D

It is becoming complete madness here though - so more snarling is bound to follow.

"It's over, SO over"... quote from Grey's Anatomy... hope you're chilling out as you deserve this afternoon sweetie pie xx

LOL am still at work - but trembling at the thought of the very cold bottle of sauvignon blanc that's in my fridge :D

It's so hot though, can't stand the thought of plodding to the bus in this heat....

Oooh oooh my birthday prezzie arrived! I'm now the proud owner of a Panasonic camcorder :D

Back