Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Hello lovelies

It has been a busy old morning today, but did something right because I got a lovely compliment from one of the bosses - followed rapidly by a whinge from a faculty member who seriously makes me want to hire a hitman...

No big plans for the weekend Brennie - a bit of housework, I guess, reading and catching up here (because I am way behind on peoples' diaries - sorry!). Not very exciting at the moment. Oh, am also on Baby Watch - a good friend is due any day :)

Just finished my soup (chicken and mushroom today) and about to have yoghurt and berries mmmm.

Eurgh. Am 24 hours into my self imposed cold turkey on nasal sprays- and feel like my head is splitting into pieces :(

But I must keep going, or it will only get ten times' worse. So forgive any of the major whingeing I am bound to do over the next week :) And it's no excuse to be craving pizza...

Hope everyone else is well.

Thanks guys - I'm not unwell, per se, it's just that I've been overusing the spray to help with my sinusitis, and get what they call "rebound", which makes the sinuses even more blocked up.

So, the only thing to do is stop using it - but I'm afraid I caved at 5am this morning! :( Had been awake and unable to breathe through my nose since 2.30am, and desperately wanted more sleep.

Might have to try the other method, which is just use it on one side...

Apart from that - a nice day here, so might go for a walk round a local park :)

Oh Susie I do hope it clears up soon. I hate my nose being blocked up and gabbing it blocked for weeks sounds just awful. I hope it clears up soon - have you been to the docs?

Thx hun. Yep it is a real pain, I must admit. And yes, I must go to the GP - I only go kicking and screaming TBH, but I think it could be that time :)

Haven't gone walking, too brrr out there - but got a pile of dishes to get through. Oh for a dishwasher! :D

ml enough room to swing orbit lol i like that ha ha

i do sympathis with the rebound congestion, i remember telling you about my nasal spray that doc gives me which calms the lining to the nose down (as i have allergies) as i had got rebound once using vick and god almighty total block for few days, not a slight bit of air went thru my nostrils and the pressure was evil, i do feel for you, i swore i would never use them again after that.

i hope it clears soon for you its absolutely miserable but there is nothing that will ease it until you nasal passages stop being so inflamed, as there is nothing up there but swelling.

take care lovie

Thanks hun - it serves me right for overusing the spray :(

There are pages and pages of websites about people becoming addicted to the sprays - even rifling through strangers' bathrooms at parties to find spray - makes me a very low level addict :D

Courgette time in the Felsham household right now - soup is on the go for the week :)

Foundation,mascara, floor wipes, fish food and the only crimbo cards I buy for the oldies. We make a charity donation and help the planet for every one else. Just remembered I got perfume samples with my clinique so am gonna have a sniff in a mo :D

Thx for asking, Smiley, but sadly not. Had one of ML's nights, tossed and turned all night, doubt if I got an hour's sleep, tbh.

Got to work an hour earlier than normal, in the hope that I might be able to go early. I don't do sleep deprivation well so it's gonna be a long one...

Have to keep pushing through though, I could actually smell my shower gel for a minute or two this morning - the first time that's happened for a few weeks.

Hope it was a delicious smelling one then lol. We've got as large bottle in the shower at the mo that no-one will use cos it smells like loo cleaner! Hope you get away early today. I slept like a log but still couldn't get up this morning - apparently I fell asleep at an inappropriate moment last night hahahaha!

Afternoon Susie, have you tried olbas oil on a tissue next to your pillow? Loretta uses that when she is bunged up and says it helps - as does rubbing vick on your feet so I am led to believe!!

Lisa!!!!!!! How on earth did you do that lol - that makes me a laugh a lot :D xx

Back