Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Morning all

A few wines with a work mate last night did me a power of good, and I'm much more calm about the flat now - but you're so right Smiley, I DO need Lady Luck to come and visit.

Well actually maybe she did because when I jumped on the scales this morning, I reached two of my big milestones - I'm in the 200s!!!! :bliss:

And it's my 2 stone mark :D Official WI is tomorrow but I'm changing my stats now as a little present :D

I haven't been completely angelic and 100% - but the difference is the exercise, it is really helping! :)

Rightly so to the pub Susie. Yea on the scales- awesome! Your right exercise makes all the difference. I have an injury can't exercise and have stalled big time so back to low carb until I can work out again.

PS sending your Donna Leon disc out tomorrow. So sorry for delay. x

Hello :wavey: Sorry not much visiting - actually having to work rather hard:sigh:

Blurp to mortgage adviser - but woohoo to loss - go girl:D

Xxx

Yeah well done on the loss, you are doing great. I can't believe how unlucky you are on the flat hunting and mortgage front....your luck has to change soon... send ing lots of (((hugs)))

Morning all - been without internet connection as well as my laptop over the weekend, it's all happening here - so sorry for not catching up.

Got a mortgage in principle approved on Friday afternoon so we're back on track - and in the meantime I'm contacting the Guinness Book of Records to list myself as the person who has had most trouble buying a flat :D I can't wait to move now - there was more trouble at my block of flats last night, police called, lots of violent shouting, yuck - I took a long time to get to sleep, I can tell you!

Hope you're all well xxx

Oh Susie, how awful and unsettling to be where you are with all that going on. Am so pleased you have another m in p arranged. Our searches came back today, so hopefully not too long for us. Have a good week.

Oh sweetie - I really can't wait to move now! Stabbings, punch ups - remind me of these things when I start grumbling about the commute LOL.

Laptop has been picked up by the repair company, so cross fingers it can be repaired xxx

Morning all

Lovely day here - sun shining but breezy, perfick!

Did my one mile walk this morning and got all my food for the day, so am feeling good - hope you are too :)

Morning, I am glad to see flat buying is going full steam ahead, after your night with police called you are probably glad that the purchase of that flat fell through...have a great dieting week.

Morning all

Prophetic words Sammy - the searches came back this week with some alarming information. The maintenance bill is more than double what I'd been told, and the garden is part freehold and has a planning application in against it to build a two bed flat in the grounds!

The garden was the whole reason for choosing the flat in the first place, so I'm withdrawing from the sale today. Not going to think about house buying for a while and will just try and enjoy the summer.

Oh no not again, it's always something isn't it. Why can't people just be up front before you start spending money? It's obvious that these things will come out. Enjoy the summer, have a few holidays and enjoy bombing around in your car. Big hugs lovely xx

Ffs, I'm almost speechless. There's something exciting though, about not knowing what the future holds (look, I'm trying to be positive!) X

Thanks love - it's amazing isn't it? Still, let's be positive - the perfect flat is out there somewhere - and when I finally get on Location Location Location it'll be a talking point lol...

On the bright side, the landlord hasn't had any offers for the flat, so at least things are Ok there for a bit.

But typically I've done some major retail therapy - my laptop couldn't be repaired, so I'm just back from the Apple store and am typing away on the beautiful new keyboard of my new iMac! it's gorgeous, I may look a bit tatty but my gadgets are fabulous! :D

Hi susie:)

A) the whole flat thing is ridiculous - I can't believe it!!!!

B) v v jealous of your new shiny toy - good idea:D

((Hugs)) sweetie & keep positive
Xxx

Thanks hun - it's nuts, but I'm a resilient little beggar :)

And here's my beauty, it's almost as big as my flat :D

I may have posted this a few times or not at all - taking a bit of relearning...

Attachments

• IMG_2386.jpg
    IMG_2386.jpg
    520.7 KB · Views: 53
Very pretty:D

Xx

Afternoon all

What a cracking day, hope it has been lovely where you are :) Just waiting for my hard drive with all the stuff off my old lappy to arrive and then can load everything onto my iMac beast.

I plan on doing SFA this weekend except play with the Mac, improve my Angry Birds Star Wars score (some of us never grow up lol) and maybe a little bit of weeding (or not).

Have a lovely weekend, all! x

Morning all

Had a restful weekend - mostly recovering from a mystery tummy virus (which I still have), so stayed indoors most of the time :(

Hope you had a lovely break.

Oh no poor you! Right essay time catch up:-

I was ever hopeful that we would get some gardening done this weekend and even bought garden rubbish sack in preparation. To my utter shock and disbelief it actually happened!! Trev cut the grass (after I had de-pooped it of course) and DS1 came out and removed all of the Virginia Creeper which has completely invaded the decking over the past couple of years. I'd forgotten just how big the deck is lol. We have 4 sacks of rubbish and the bonfire pile is now over 6 foot tall! Might wait until that has decomposed a little before lighting it :D

On the downside I misjudged one of the steps and have a nicely swollen foot and ankle but I did take the work force to Nandos as a treat. DS1 works like a trojan when he puts his mind to it. He accomplished more in an afternoon than I would have done in about a week!

Another good thing is J came and replaced the ball valve in the cold tank and we now have fully functioning water in the bathroom woohoo. No more switching it off to stop it over flowing, the loo actually refills itself and the shower works again. I'm sure my joy will be short lived when the moneypit realises everything is in working order and something else will go wrong. C'est la vie xx

Back