Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

The girls have already echoed my thoughts, chin up and drink that vino....sorry your having such a crappy time of it, it's just not fair.

Morning cherubs

Another day, another flat - here's the one I saw this morning - it's the ground floor on the right.

http://www.hydenewhomes.co.uk/assets/content/documents/4_Woodrush_Close_-_Sales_Sheet.pdf

The flat itself is on the small side but OK, a bit run down inside so a bit of paint, a new kitchen and new bathroom tiles would make a big difference. The main bedroom isn't huge and the second bedroom is a single, but that's all I need. The lounge is an L shape so there's lounge, separate kitchen (small but bigger than what I have now) and around the corner, a dining area. It does have french doors at the front which could probably be screened off with roses bushes/trellis for privacy - and windows out to the communal garden which no one uses (the gate is down the right hand side and almost obscured by a bush) - so no drama about having a little puddy tat going in and out (we saw a cat this morning and he said the previous owners had a cat too). Also has its own car park at the front.

The estate itself seems to be pretty well kept on the whole, and it has a sort of suburban village look that was better than I expected from the picture. Nothing higher than two floors. Location is great, 10-15 min drive to work, just around the corner from the New Cross Sainsburys and there's a huge retail park there too. Excellent for public transport too.

So I got back to work, emailed to say I'd like to apply....and OH MY GOD it has been reserved for me! Their financial assessor will call me tonight, and then they will make the offer tomorrow. I already have a shared ownership mortgage in principle, so everything should be fine.

So - looks like Orbs and I have a home! Woohoo!!!! :D

LOL the financial assessor called earlier and I've been OK'd for affordability.

So the next step is, they offer me the flat formally, I accept, the mortgage paperwork goes through (at which stage I hand over the deposit) and it's MINE!

:bliss::bliss::bliss:

I could - if I am a very good girl - be in by the end of August. It also means the Italian dream is alive and well, should be able to afford something next year, and I'll also be able to retire early, rent it out and go live off the proceeds in the sun! :D

Quick update - they just rang and formally offered me the flat, I've paid my £500 deposit and the mortgage application is being sorted as we speak!

My heart is racing...

Are there people in it at the moment? Is it the owner?

Yes there's a couple of with a baby who are selling their 50% share, but they are desperate to move - they're moving in with his elderly father to look after him and need the money. Half of their stuff is in plastic bags already. Unless it's body parts....

"Celebrate good times c'mon!" :D

Good news at last hun, you so deserve this! Hope everything continues to run as smoothly xx

This is absolutely fantastic news to read susie! Brilliant! My fingers are crossed tightly until you have your ass in that house with a bottle opener in your hand :)

Morning all

Of course I can find anything to stress about so had a right old toss turn night, worrying about being found out that I lied to the housing association about having a cat and the ensuing dramas, all of which are pretty unlikely, to be frank - but it didn't stop me having a recurring nightmare involving a good (black) robot and a white (bad) Darlek, which was all about the fear of being discovered by the bad Darlek...this, without the aid of vino...

Never mind, at least our piece was on Channel 4 news last night - Learn an instrument and raise money for charity - Channel 4 News

Oh how excellent! Not the nightmares of course. Yes you sound like me a worrier....stop it! You'll get in there and orbit will be with you no worries.

Thanks lovelies - we're not there yet but the signs are looking good :)

And you're right about Orbs, I gave myself a stern talking to yesterday. She only goes out for a couple of hours a day now, so I'll turn the small single bedroom into a playroom and am gonna get a leopet cat tree for her to play on :)

See you are all sorted making plans for orbits crèche :) don't forget your special room though as after all you are the one paying the rent ;)

LOL a creche, I like it :D And it can double fine as the spare room, will get a sofa bed for overnighters :)

Gosh what a cracking day. I cant wait for the weekend, going to do some much needed clearing out!

Thanks again for all your kind wishes - have a good one xxx

Well that's what I call my dogs bedroom, it's a whole room which should have been my dining room and wall to wall we have their bed and eating crates....I tell you before you know it they take over. We have pups in a pen in the hall and sitting room then in our bedroom we have a girl with her pup in a play pen....it's their house really hahah

the weather has been cracking here! About blummin time as well. Glad you've had a good one.

Morning all

Another lovely day here, and nothing to do except catch up on diaries (finally!) :)

Flat number 9 is progressing fine - another two months and I should be in. Now ladies, I need your expert advice re my plans for the flat. As you can see, it's not huge - the living room and main bedroom are about the same as I have now. So, my question is, would you knock down the wall between the kitchen and dining area and double the kitchen size? I've dreamed of a bigger kitchen for so long - so hope you say yes! :D

floorplan.jpg

Back