Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Hi Susie

How's things? I'm following south beach diet, low carb and low fat dairy products , can eat beans , chickpeas etc on phase 1 which is only two weeks ( no alcohol for 2 weeks either) got the book on amazon and really quite enjoying it, worth a try xx

Hiya Sandra

That does sound good, so pleased you're enjoying it :) I will get the book and check it out.

I definitely have a wheat belly intolerance - and an awfully painful gassy tum after a bowl of bran or oats.

What a shame about the gassyness after eating bran or oats :( could it not be the milk? Probably not just a thought though. Hope you have. A great day!

Hi I have the same problem if I eat anything with gluten in it, porridge makes me even more hungry than bread!

I think most people are a bit gluten intolerant - we're not really supposed to eat wheat, it has a hard coating to keep us out and let it go through the body without being digested. We just found sneaky ways of grinding it up and using it. When I raise my carb levels a bit I'm usually fine unless I add wheat, then owww

Morning all :)

It's the bloated and gassy tum I can't stand - sorry if tmi but I find I suddenly have to expelliarmus after eating bran or oats particularly, and I'm never absolutely confident that I'll make it to a quiet place to do that :eek:. Call me old fashioned but I don't like blowing off in the office :D

Plus I'm sure it's contributing to my eczema.

Anyway - I am one of about 10 people in the office today, everyone else is heading off on hols, so I now have plenty of time to catch up on diaries.

It's so hot in the office too that I have the attention span of a gnat! :)

Funniy enough Susie, I have just posted in my diary about this. I need to get back to wheat free - oats are not too bad for me. I know I should, in fact it's a bit like the old smoking gag - it's easy, I've done it loads of times!

If you haven't done so already, have a look on Amazon at the free Food and Drink section - there are always free ebooks on there for wheat and gluten free, or anything Paleo or Primal. I am planning to try a few breadmaker experiments over the hols. Don't know if you have a breadmaker - seem to remember maybe you do? If so, and I have any good results, I'll let you know. My only problem is choosing which ones to try - I now have so many free downloads, it is difficult to know where to start!

Boo to being in the office (unless it has air-conditioning!) but yay to you having some time to 'mini -mize'

Just re-read your post - no air-conditioning. :(

Hi lovelies

MW - I do have a breadmaker and was going to try this over the weekend - Best Low Carb Bread Bread Machine) Recipe - Food.com - 102631 - but it has gluten flour in it because apparently it doesn't rise otherwise? So do please share any experiments you try, love!

I'm also a big fan of free kindle books - have got a load via the daily free books website (it sends out an email each day), and I've just been very naughty and downloaded the kindle for pc app onto my work machine hehehe - oh well blow it, there's hardly anyone here, the bosses are all away and I've got nothing urgent, so why not. I've got a load of books on diet, green smoothies/juicing, paleo and gluten free so will pass any gems on.

Lynne - thanks, I didn't realise that about quinoa!

It's pronounced Keenwa and I think its nice. All the better for the fact it seems to be so good for you. I am not eating it at the moment because I am trying to lose more weight before I resume having it, its quite high in carbs. But I am planning to eat it in place of cousous and bulgur.

Hi lovelies

MW - I do have a breadmaker and was going to try this over the weekend - Best Low Carb Bread Bread Machine) Recipe - Food.com - 102631 - but it has gluten flour in it because apparently it doesn't rise otherwise? So do please share any experiments you try, love!

I'm also a big fan of free kindle books - have got a load via the daily free books website (it sends out an email each day), and I've just been very naughty and downloaded the kindle for pc app onto my work machine hehehe - oh well blow it, there's hardly anyone here, the bosses are all away and I've got nothing urgent, so why not. I've got a load of books on diet, green smoothies/juicing, paleo and gluten free so will pass any gems on.

Lynne - thanks, I didn't realise that about quinoa!

Uh-Oh! You see, I didn't even know that website/email list existed! Now I am a member of the list and have just downloaded 9 Books, without even really *trying*. I need to win the lottery, (a tough one that as I don't even do it) hire a gardener and a cleaner and spend the rest of my life reading. Then I may be in with a slight chance of reading everything I have!
)

It's pronounced Keenwa and I think its nice. All the better for the fact it seems to be so good for you. I am not eating it at the moment because I am trying to lose more weight before I resume having it, its quite high in carbs. But I am planning to eat it in place of cousous and bulgur.

I have some quinoa in the pantry to use but haven't tried it yet. Apparently it is tastier if you toast it first in a heavy bottomed pan (this house has plenty of heavy bottom!)

You may be OK with buckwheat too Susie, as unlike couscous and bulghar it isn't actually wheat. It is part of the rhubarb family.

I need to win the lottery, (a tough one that as I don't even do it) hire a gardener and a cleaner and spend the rest of my life reading. Then I may be in with a slight chance of reading everything I have!

It's a very dangerous website - omg I have 662 books!!! :eek: When you win can I come and stay too? OK objective for the next week is to clean out some of these. But when they're free it's irresistible!

You may be OK with buckwheat too Susie, as unlike couscous and bulghar it isn't actually wheat. It is part of the rhubarb family.

Mmm thanks hun. Someone at work has just told about Plan B bread - apparently it's low carb, low cal AND gluten free. -Plan Bread Only available as sandwiches, and only in London - and £££. I've just emailed to ask if they will consider doing it as a dry mix for machines. In the meantime, let's experiment with broccoli! :)

Back