Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Oh ladies this is quite possibly the BEST low carb lunch I've ever had!

Tescos tuna pate, a salad tomato, one little gem lettuce, sugar snap peas, cucumber with Nudo mint oil and 3 tsp mayo.

I'm in heaven!

Lunch.jpg

Afternoon all

Had a great night last night, much laughing and vino blanco :D

Suffering a bit today, but just had some lovely broc casserole. Got the vital wheat gluten powder today so will have a go at making low carb bread tomorrow.

It's great to hear you sounding so positive and focused Sooz. Well done you. I plan try something similar with Crab Meat which I love. Enjoy your weekend. chips x

Afternoon all

Woke up with a horrid sore throat and chesty cough (sore, but not stopping me eating haha), so taking it easy today, and doing a bit of cooking. Think I can adapt my veg bake - going to try cabbage and goats cheese today :)

B/L - chorizo and cheese omelette, lots of tea
D - roasted belly pork and veg bake

Have a good one, all :)

Tuna pâté salad looks gorge! Hope your feeling better Hun x.

Hi lovelies

Still coughing (and sounding) like an old fisherman, but hopefully it will clear up a bit for work boo - could really do with another weekend all over again :)

The cabbage and goat's cheese bake wasn't quite as successful as the broccoli/spinach one - but you gotta try these things out :) Then I went to try the low carb bread recipe, but I'm out of eggs - an Atkins crisis! Couldn't be bothered going out so will try it tomorrow. I did make up some courgetti though, and put in two freezer bags, and courgette soup, so feeling reasonably virtuous.

Not looking forward to WI tomorrow because I've eaten SO much food this week, not all 100%, and had more than a few wines. Oh well, a loss is a loss. Will report back in the morning. Sleep well xxx

Day off today with what is now a chest infection, but the good news is a 7lb loss for me, despite all the naughty stuff.

Will catch up later but right now will try to zzz.

Morning susie, just catching up on diaries before oh steals my ipad lol.

your menus sound fab and you are so positive, it's inspiring.

hope your throat gets better :)

Fabulous loss there Susie! I made the egg and ham cups at the weekend, worked out the values etc and plugged them in to MFP. Took me several goes but got it right in the end. Hope you feel better soon. Big hugs xx

Day off today with what is now a chest infection, but the good news is a 7lb loss for me, despite all the naughty stuff.

Will catch up later but right now will try to zzz.

Wow!!! Wow!!! Wow!!! Well done xxx. Further proof that Atkins and wheat/gluten free is for you xxx.

Hope your feeling better soon, but its likely to get bad before better Hun so hang in there xx.

Great loss Susie, I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks all, you're most kind :) I'll try and be a bit more focused this week.

There's not much I hate about living on my own, but tottering out to get medicine is one of them. Still, got some heavy duty expectorant now, so let's hope it kicks in soon. Desperate for some sleep but every time I lie down, I'm wheezing and coughing until I get up again. Whinge over :)

When I had flu a few years ago, I could only sleep sitting in the armchair, and so for 6 nights I sat there with tv on for company. One night I had to sit with elbows on knees because my Asthma was so bad I could hardly breathe. Its a lonely old time. When I got better, my husband said "Welcome back" because I had been so out of it.
I hope you feel better soon :bighug:

Wow! Well done on that fantastic loss! Boo to the chest infection! Have you tried the old fashioned head over a steam bowl treatment? It loosens everything up. Take care of yourself hun. xx

Its a lonely old time.

Yep what is it about being so desolate when you're not feeling well in the night? I had a little cry earlier, only because I'm tired, then told myself to snap out of it - and I have :)

And thanks Lauren, I'm doing steaming for as long as I can - plus Vicks for the chest. I even tried putting some on my feet (read a website where people swore by it to stop the coughing) - but sadly that didn't work for me. Never mind, I'll live :)

Back