Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Thanks Val - whenever I sound like I'm flagging or making excuses, I want you all to remind me just how bad my knees felt on this trip! And really, what's the point of buying an Italian townhouse of I can't get up and down the stairs? So that's my incentive.

Oooh how exciting, Paul McKenna is here (the CD, not the man lol) - I am really looking forward to getting into it. Will report back tomorrow.

Morning all

Well, I may just have read the book that will save my life. I'm serious, this is the best book I've ever read about how we gain weight, what happens when we try to lose weight on normal diets and fail - and what does work. Be warned, McKenna hates the diet industry with a passion - which might sound hypocritical, but it makes sense in the context of the book.

At the heart of it is that if you eat less, you will lose weight. We all know that, right, but eating less involves hunger, hunger makes you binge, and then you put the weight back on. His book teaches you to reprogramme your brain so you eat normally but in small amounts, like slim people do, and it also reprogrammes you so you hear the "I'm full" bell loud and clear, instead of overriding it.

I'm not saying it will work for everyone, but it made complete and utter sense to me and when I finished it, I actually danced around the living room! I'm going to read it again over the weekend and start the hypno part, so I'll have more feedback for you, but I've not felt this positive about weight loss for....well, forever, really :D

I also did a sneaky peek on the scales and 4lbs of the holiday gain have gone woohoo, 4 to go to posted :)

Have a good day!

Sounds great book Susie and love the happy dance. Haven't read it myself but along the same lines one of the best bits of 'diet' advice from all the ones I've done is to eat until your still a little bit hungry and not until your really full. Think it's the way to go for weight loss and less stress on our organs. X

Morning all

Gosh it is so quiet at work - hardly any staff here at all! So we're off to the pub at 4pm :)

I'm really looking forward to the weekend - get a few jobs done at home, then re-read McKenna, and get some juices and soups organised for next week.

Have a good day, all xxx

Hope you have fun at the pub :)

My day was manic due to a clear of a jam making my life hell clearing the backlog. In fact it's been a nightmare 3 weeks and set to continue. Light at the end of the tunnel tho which I'm desperately clawing towards and sad about at the same time. Work stuff not home but things are set to change. Just waiting on the official serious bit.

Oh babes so sorry to hear there's more work trouble - please let me know if I can do anything to help xxx

Very lazy day here, plus WI this morning, I didn't quite get my holiday gain all off but reduced it by 4lbs, so that's not bad. I've ordered some skinny sprinkles to help fill me up, a woman at work says its great, so worth a shot.

Have a great Easter, all xxx

Morning all

Wow what a fab weekend - very quiet, but oh so relaxing! And I did a sneaky WI and I'm back to pre Italy weight, so am very pleased with that.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend too! xxx

Hi all

Been a rough couple of days - caught a vomiting bug that's been going around work - very nasty - but just managed some toast, so on the mend :)

Hope you're all well.

Oh hope you a're ok Suze. On the plus Side you will have lost some weight x

Morning susie, hope you are feeling better? Well done on getting back to pre Italy weight hopefully you'll be in virgin pounds territory soon! ;) I'm routing for you.

Morning Susie, sorry to hear about the bug - yucky! Hope for a whoosh:) xxxx

Morning all

STS for me today which seems strange, considering I've had nothing to eat for two days - oh well, better than a gain, eh?

Still feeling rubbish but staggered in to work to get some asap urgents done. Oooh shhhh but I have a job interview on Wednesday - 15 mins drive and more money - plus less of that artistic temperament which makes life so difficult at times! :D

In the meantime I've had three snotty colleagues sending me rude emails - really could do without their attitude today! Oh well, make me try even harder on Wednesday :D

Wine o'clock soon - maybe. Bound to be bad for the tum....

Back