Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Hi Susie, I think the lack of choice during the day makes it quite easy to stick to, I can either have a shake or a bar, if I want to chew. Having a meal in the evening means I don't feel deprived, I am keeping the evening meal between 400/600 cals, trying to keep the evenings lowish carb, but if I want potatoes rice or fruit I can have them. I am not banning any foods, although keeping away from bread as much as possible, as it is definitely my major trigger, also I find if I eat carbs in the evening they don't affect me as much, if I eat carbs earlier in the day I just want to keep eating them....but is early days yet! I will be very happy with a loss of 6lb a month (after this initial water loss). I will be interested to see how you get on. Are you only doing shakes?

Shakes, soups and meals, which I can add an evening meal with protein to it - although I'll probably use healthy living low cal meals - cheaper, easier and less cals :)

Apart from bread what are you finding the hardest thing about it? I too will miss bread, I love it - but if I can get through week one then I'll try and keep vlcd up until I go home in August, that gives me over 3 months to lose a bit and hopefully fly without a seatbelt extender!

I don't know what day to start, I've got a big party on Saturday with alcohol featuring - so maybe Monday? :rolleyes:

Later - gone right off the vlcd concept for myself - saw an ingredient list and I don't even know what half the things are in it! And ugh I've just had a horribly greasy chicken pesto meal from the new woe, not nice! I really think I could just do a low cal diet of my own and make sure I take lots of supplements. At least that way I can have all the veg I want - I could quite happily have my courgette soup every day, just need to make it :) I only bought a week's worth so they can do for work. Right - I feel better about that decision :D

Last edited:
Hi, bread, crackers and cheese....these are my major downfalls. When I add up the calories of these in a day they could come to 500 cals, so I definitely want to cut these out because 1 slice of bread always leads to another, as for crackers and cheese!!! The other thing I find hard to resist are mashed potatoes. Thankfully I don't really have a sweet tooth. I won't even mention wine, I am hoping to cut it out for the month of May, but will see how I get on, I will find it hard if oh wants to open a bottle.

I would try starting in the sun, that way you will have one day done before you go back to work.

A motivational tip. Draw a straight line, and mark it out in small sections. Put on x in the middle, every time you have a good DAY move the x to the right, EVERY time you have a SLIP, move the x to the left, try to be of the middle x by the end of the week. (hope this makes sense).

You did well on the low cal so it does suit you.

From organic surge I got the sugared almond shower gel, a daily care face wash and super intensive daily moisturiser for me and a gentle cleansing lotion for my son,

I'm on fb Susie if you want to add me, I'll pm you and anyone else that wants to add me on fb. x

I won't even mention wine, I am hoping to cut it out for the month of May, but will see how I get on, I will find it hard if oh wants to open a bottle....A motivational tip. Draw a straight line, and mark it out in small sections. Put on x in the middle, every time you have a good DAY move the x to the right, EVERY time you have a SLIP, move the x to the left, try to be of the middle x by the end of the week. (hope this makes sense).

I drink like a fish, think CCing the only way forward for me LOL> I keep grasping at these other ideas then realise they won't work for me. And Iu like the motivational tip, I'll give it a go.

You did well on the low cal so it does suit you.....I'm on fb Susie if you want to add me, I'll pm you and anyone else that wants to add me on fb. x

Very true hun I was cruising along on CC before all the personal stuff kicked off - and I do love using my slow cooker and soup maker :)

Have sent you a FB request xxx

I know what you mean about cc, but you could still do the vlcd products for during the day and either a ready meal or your soups/slow cooker in the evening and add in the wine when you want it, up to your whatever cal you have decided on. That way some days will be low and other days higher, a kind of Judd. I think using the vlcd products and ready meals you will know exactly what your calories for the day are. I think one of the reasons just cc does not work (for me) is that I don't weigh everything and I guess what the calories are, eg that piece of cheese looks like 1oz or that is only 1 tablespoon of oil. So by only using the vlcd products until the evening there is less margin for error. Also less temptation, I sometimes eat more during the day, saying I will cut back in the evening, but that does not always happen.

I'd like to be on people's FB too :) x

Me too. I'm friends with suze profile pic is of a puppy xxx

Mine is no longer a puppy but me with my head through my neighbours holey t shirt

I've sent you a message on FB Vicky, it's in your Others folder x

Morning susie, I've loads of your diary to catch up on so forgive me if I miss bits but saw your reply on the sprinkles :) can I friend you on fb?
sorry to hear about your dad and the DVD, I don't watch stuff like that because I am just too much of a dweller and they make me feel too sad and I can never shake it. It's always emotional when it's to do with family.

calorie counting worked for you so do what you feel is best, we all know vlcd are temporary to get us cleaned out then it should be about finding the healthier way ASAP.

Morning all

Sorry for the radio silence, a bit of a down weekend - but I'm OK now - we always bounce back eh? :)

I'm off on the vlcd today - had an OK drinkeable porridge for breakfast and a just ok soup now. You're right Lauren - I won't order any more once they are gone, I can do a million times better using healthy food with none of the 000s of additives and other dubious stuff in them - and so much cheaper than buying them from a company! Will start that next week.

Hope your week has got off to a good start, lovelies xxx

Morning all

Horrible banana shake this morning - chemically tasting and full of lumps, no matter how much I stirred it! Think I need to eat more during the day then have a very light or no evening meal, because boy evening is my worst time - I just want to graze on anything and everything!

Hope you're all well xxx

The bolognese snack pack thing for lunch was horrid too, left a nasty greasy taste - so I will be glad when I've used them up (or more likely, got fed up with them and chucked them! :eek:)...

Just logged it all and only 394 cals - so it will be a skinny ready meal for dinner and salad, and maybe a cheeky bag of Waitrose light crisps :)

Morning all

Horrible banana shake this morning - chemically tasting and full of lumps, no matter how much I stirred it! Think I need to eat more during the day then have a very light or no evening meal, because boy evening is my worst time - I just want to graze on anything and everything!

Hope you're all well xxx

Yuck!!! Evening is my worst time too. I find it helps if I try to keep occupied or at least keep my hands busy if I'm watching TV. And switching the channel so I don't have to watch food commercials is a must for me!

LOL Canadian - I am so multiskilled it seems I can watch TV while playing cards on the puter AND eating :eek:

But luckily the scales show I am back to posted, which I'm really pleased about. Going to stay at Monday mornings for WI to hopefully stop me from going mad on the weekend!

Another horrible meal pack this morning - strawberry oatmeal - sweet and impossible to get the lumps out of - think I'll be off this food by tomorrow and back onto real food yaye, so I can start making my own soups that are nutritious, filling and have lumps where I intend them to :D

Have a good day all xxx

LOL Canadian - I am so multiskilled it seems I can watch TV while playing cards on the puter AND eating :eek:

LOL where there's a will there's a way...I'm sure I could manage it too. My methods don't always work for me, but every once in a while they help. :p

Good job on the scale victory!

Back