Swimming & Costumes

Wish

Silver Member
Hey all

I am thinking about going to the swimming baths, I haven't been for about 13 years:eek: Are you allowed to wear a t shirt over your costume? Does everyone stare at you when youa re overweight?

Whats the best kind of costume, any recommendations I will need some kind of breast support, I ain't wiggling while am swimming:D

If you wear a tshirt then people will probably look hun - no one will look at you if you are in a cossie. Just get yourself a miraclesuit & a decent leg wax :)

Totally agree if u out a t shirt on ppl will b more inclined to look, Act confident and no one will bat an eyelid x

Hi there

It took me a while to bite the bullet and get back in the pool -it had been over 11 years :eek: -now they can't keep me out -even though its an outdoor pool I will swim in the rain. Im planning on going 5 days a week minimum for the next 3 weeks (when the season ends :cry:)
I started off in a tankini -but after a couple of sessions of hitching it up n down I decided to go for a normal cossie -I got one with an inbuilt shelf BUT I wear a black bra under it and even though its quite low on the back you can't tell ;)

Honestly -just bite the bullet, once you are in no-one will even see you :D
ooh and if you are really bothered a lot of places now sell suits with "modesty skirts" attatched... hope you find something

Ooh I'm interested in this too. I don't have a swimsuit as the thought of getting in one has always filled me with dread. More than anything at the moment I would like something to cover my arms a bit but everything is strapless. Does anyone know if you can get something like those UV suits (that kids have) for adults so it's like a shorts and t-shirt set? I might be able to cope with something like that!

It's like you read my mind!

I'm being FORCED to go swimming on Friday, and I have a fear of being in a swimsuit. I bit the bullet and bought one from Soccer Sports for about £8 I think. It's not a pull-you-in type one, but in my mind, it ain't gonna fit for long ( :D ) so would rather a minimal outlay.

Matalan had quite a few nice ones with support and what-not. I also tried on some of the skirt type things, but in my mind, they drew attention. And I agree, people would be more inclined to look if you had a tee on.

Good luck fellow hater of the swimwear! x

I wear one of these:

8007100001.jpg

It's a speedo hydrasuit, and I have to say it's pretty good for pulling you in and giving you support :) I wouldn't go swimming until I had a suit that wasn't likely to reveal the breasticles! :D

Speedo also do longer leg suits, which I quite like the look of :) xx

Thanks all:cool:

Have had a look on Ebay, there are some on there, that look like they will do the job, now just to pluck up the courage to actually go, I will have to go on my own too, which is filling me with dread:confused:

P'haps I will ring the baths and ask them what their quitest time is:p

Thanks all:cool:

Have had a look on Ebay, there are some on there, that look like they will do the job, now just to pluck up the courage to actually go, I will have to go on my own too, which is filling me with dread:confused:

P'haps I will ring the baths and ask them what their quitest time is:p

Don't go during a ladies only session - far too many people to be able to swim properly! One woman almost drowned me...think it may have been intentional! :8855: xx

dudette2001uk said:
I wear one of these:

It's a speedo hydrasuit, and I have to say it's pretty good for pulling you in and giving you support :) I wouldn't go swimming until I had a suit that wasn't likely to reveal the breasticles! :D

Speedo also do longer leg suits, which I quite like the look of :) xx

How the hell do you get this on???? Xx

Thanks for those links Sian - interesting! That's exactly the sort of thing I meant. I just need to decide if I'd look a bit of a div wearing it now as I agree that wearing less is better in terms of not bringing attention to yourself (if you can get over the trauma of revealing yourself to everyone!)

I'm also intersted in how you get your cossie on ...!

Just wanted to say good luck and go for it - I've been going swimming 3 times a week since May and am now swimming a mile each time I go :D

I hated the idea of being in a cossie as well but found the thought of it was worse than it actually was, no one pays any attention really, and I put my towel on the side so I don't have to do the 'walk of shame' all the way from the changing rooms, I only have to get from the side to the pool :cool:

Hope you enjoy it :)

Back