Taking the plunge!

Lumpy move on from today's weigh in. I KNOW it wasn't what you expected and I know that not easy but did you not have the most amazing time eating this way feeling this free around the foods you love so much? It's all new for your body and we all react differently to shock I think you are very wise in adopting this positive attitude and giving it a bit more time. much love my JUDDD friend you can do this

thanks! i was expecting a gain so im not unhappy about it im just a bit concerned about the down days and why they're not shifting more than 1lb yet more than anything! even though its still a loss, im just concerned at the mo that it wont start shifting and that every time i have an up or 2 up together, it wont counteract the big gains but i'll just have to wait and see how things go from here on. im loving the freedom of juddd and will defo keep following the plan. for now its a case of trial and error and introducing more healthy foods in I think! xx

A 2lb gain is fine considering!!!!
My cdc said be prepared for about 4-5lbs lol so this week is just adjusting, hopefully you'll start to lose for real next week :)
I dont think im following the UDs properly as only having about 1700 cals and not exactly eating bad things, and when u think what u ate at beginning of week if on cd still ud have put on about 5lbs lol!!
Keep going :D just enjoy - also remember ur so close to goal now that will slow down anyway! X

yes thats what im hoping too is that ill be losing from next week as this week was just meant to be the transition week. im noticing my weight stabilising in some parts, e.g. after up days towards the end of the week, i was staying the same weight whereas earlier in the week i was gaining. the only annoying thing is the little 1lb loss after the DDs! hoping that ill see a difference with the inch loss soon though, thats what im wishing for more than anything! xx

Morning hun, coming over from a vlcd and gaining 2lbs is an achievement hun and you should be very proud of yourself :woohoo: As the first week after coming from a vlcd is a dicey one and you have in effect lost weight as you should have gained up to 7lbs, the first time I left a vlcd and ate normally I had gained 11lbs in a week honestly !!!
I wouldn't think about changing anything this week as it has worked the only thing thats niggling me is that you are so close to goal you 'may' have to lower your UP days a little IF you don't get the results you want next week. Juddd is a very individual thing and its not all about cals cos not enough on an UP can be a problem too, the swing has a lot to do with it. So my advice to you even though you havent asked for it , I apologise , is to carry on unchanged this week coming, see what results you get then if they are not what you want try limiting your UPs to 2000 and go from there. The only reason I am suggesting this is because you are so close to goal and sometimes you have to lower the UPs in order to lose, then raise them again to maintain. Well done again hun x

Morning hun, coming over from a vlcd and gaining 2lbs is an achievement hun and you should be very proud of yourself :woohoo: As the first week after coming from a vlcd is a dicey one and you have in effect lost weight as you should have gained up to 7lbs, the first time I left a vlcd and ate normally I had gained 11lbs in a week honestly !!!
I wouldn't think about changing anything this week as it has worked the only thing thats niggling me is that you are so close to goal you 'may' have to lower your UP days a little IF you don't get the results you want next week. Juddd is a very individual thing and its not all about cals cos not enough on an UP can be a problem too, the swing has a lot to do with it. So my advice to you even though you havent asked for it , I apologise , is to carry on unchanged this week coming, see what results you get then if they are not what you want try limiting your UPs to 2000 and go from there. The only reason I am suggesting this is because you are so close to goal and sometimes you have to lower the UPs in order to lose, then raise them again to maintain. Well done again hun x

thanks jo, to be honest i think my first 2 up days really impacted on the gain because i was extra naughty so my gains were huge on these days as opposed to the later Up days where i was eating healthy food to balance it, i was staying the same so it just shows when im being a piggy its not benefiting me! although the good thing with the ups is that when im eating healthy for my main meal, i can still have chocolate and its ok for me. i'll keep at my current cals for this week and then re-evaluate next week! xx

I think your doing so well. I'm thinking of starting judd next week coming over from cd!!! Bit scared as I still have a stone to lose, but I need to get back eating... Shakes aren't good for family life and I don't want my children to have an unhealthy view of food/weight/ dieting. I agree that I'm prepared for an increase the first week as my body adjusts but it still terrifies me to be honest.... I've worked so hard( maybe not as hard as some I admit) to shift the stone and a half off with cd!! It took a lot of willpower after a mth with so many events.. I have nothing planned for the next 4 weeks then a family wedding!!! Eeeekkk. People I haven't seen for a few mths.. So an extra half stone by then would be great, then plough on for the last half stone by crimbo.
I'm doing this diet for no other reason but to be happy in my skin!! Hubby really doesn't mind, but is so encouraging and complementary that it spurs me on... When we met I was 18 and a size 8 now in 36 have 2 kids and a tight size 14!!! Not good!!
Reading your diary has made me more determined to give judd a go... I like how honest you are about food weight etc.... It's so refreshing!!! These forums are a godsend!!! Good luck... Think ur all amazing x

I think your doing so well. I'm thinking of starting judd next week coming over from cd!!! Bit scared as I still have a stone to lose, but I need to get back eating... Shakes aren't good for family life and I don't want my children to have an unhealthy view of food/weight/ dieting. I agree that I'm prepared for an increase the first week as my body adjusts but it still terrifies me to be honest.... I've worked so hard( maybe not as hard as some I admit) to shift the stone and a half off with cd!! It took a lot of willpower after a mth with so many events.. I have nothing planned for the next 4 weeks then a family wedding!!! Eeeekkk. People I haven't seen for a few mths.. So an extra half stone by then would be great, then plough on for the last half stone by crimbo.
I'm doing this diet for no other reason but to be happy in my skin!! Hubby really doesn't mind, but is so encouraging and complementary that it spurs me on... When we met I was 18 and a size 8 now in 36 have 2 kids and a tight size 14!!! Not good!!
Reading your diary has made me more determined to give judd a go... I like how honest you are about food weight etc.... It's so refreshing!!! These forums are a godsend!!! Good luck... Think ur all amazing x

aw bless thank you! i think diaries are the best thing, i need to be honest about food from now on so i literally log everything to make sure i can cheack back on my up menus and identify where im going wrong and the ones that are benefitting me. it was scary swapping from CD but im much happier now i can actually eat and not make excuses on social occasions about not drinking, eating etc! ive still got a stone to go too but hoping for good inch losses with juddd so maybe i wont need to lose an actual stone in weight if i feel happier with my measurements! x

update on weight and menus

Friday - Up day

Weight - 9st 2lbs (after down, official weigh in, 2lbs gain)

4 belvita biscuits
fish and chips
mega chocolate sundae
chinese - chicken balls, chicken fried rice, chips and curry sauce

Saturday - Up day

Weight - 9st 4lbs (after Up)

Weetabix with skimmed milk
2 slices of toast (white bread)
snacksize buttons
finger buffet - wedges, chicken goujons, ribs and wings, popcorn chicken, crusty bread and pate
15 celebrations
large slice homemade cheesecake
snacksize twirl

Sunday - Down Day

Weight - 9st 5lbs (after Up)

1 CD shake
1 choc biscuit

So far am trying to just have my 1 cd shake and the choc biscuit! not feeling hungry today after stuffing over the past 2 Up days so filling up on water and will hopefully not need anything else tonight but if hungry will have another shake or maybe just a ryvita with a scraping of butter. considering the naughty food ive had, a 3lbs gain over 2 very Up days is pretty good. im due an Up day tomorrow but i think i'll have an intermediate day with 2 CD shakes in the day then whatever i fancy for dinner, going to the bingo tmrw night and they always have lovely curry and chips so will prob have that and should total roughly 1000-1200 cals. tuesday is a down day so will try and stick to 2 shakes as im hoping to have a loss this week and think i need to start having less than 500 cals on the DDs.

also hoping that my DDs will start shifting more than 1lb as otherwise i'm not going to get very far after having 2 Ups every week :( x

Last edited:
Weight this morning 9st 4lbs, feeling frustrated with this as i cut right back yesterday, had around 350 cals instead of my usual 500, plus I didnt exercise either because i thought that may have been an issue with retaining some water weight. hasnt done the trick though as just 1lb came off again. aiming to stick to an ID today to see if it'll redress the balance but really want to get a loss this week.

Lumpy I got up to a 4 lbs gain this morning after my UP weekend. So that is upsetting but I am keeping up with it because I know from last week that I had all weird fluctuations. It' hard but you need to learn to relax and trust the plan, I think when you focus to hard on numbers and scales your body is playing games on you don't forget our brain is our most powerful tool we posses as humans. keep in there and do not cut your calories if you do your body will enter starvation mode, slow right down and hold onto your fat for as long as it can.

Lumpy I got up to a 4 lbs gain this morning after my UP weekend. So that is upsetting but I am keeping up with it because I know from last week that I had all weird fluctuations. It' hard but you need to learn to relax and trust the plan, I think when you focus to hard on numbers and scales your body is playing games on you don't forget our brain is our most powerful tool we posses as humans. keep in there and do not cut your calories if you do your body will enter starvation mode, slow right down and hold onto your fat for as long as it can.

hey hun, thanks for the reply! im not too worried about the gains from the Ups its just the frustration that the DDs have only given me 1lb losses every time so far so im worried that for every 3lbs gain ill only get a 1lb loss for example, which will end up in a gain at the end of the week by the time ive had more Ups, if you get what i mean, lol! im hoping im panicking over nothing and that itll balance out by the end of the week because i really want a loss this week to see that JUDDD is working for me :)

Totally get what ur feeling!!!
The prob is with us - is were too used to having losses frm cd.
In other diets iv done like s.w iv had weeks where iv sts or gained a lb.

Its infuriating to not be getting the outcome u want! Ive still got about 17/18lbs i wana get off rarrrr! Scales r showing me 3lb heavier since thursday (but thats incl thurs,sat.sun as ups) will see how i am tomoro mornin after my down today..... Hmmm

Totally get what ur feeling!!!
The prob is with us - is were too used to having losses frm cd.
In other diets iv done like s.w iv had weeks where iv sts or gained a lb.

Its infuriating to not be getting the outcome u want! Ive still got about 17/18lbs i wana get off rarrrr! Scales r showing me 3lb heavier since thursday (but thats incl thurs,sat.sun as ups) will see how i am tomoro mornin after my down today..... Hmmm

yes i think CD has a lot to answer for when it comes to losses! im happy with 1lb a week loss as i knew it would be slower when i switched but my concern is not getting anywhere as ive already gained 2lb so really need to see a loss this week otherwise i'll get demotivated again! the 9s are my nemesis, ive got to the low 9s on every diet ive followed before so i need to get out of them because its all too easy for me to creep back into the 10s at this weight! if i was at the 8st 7lbs mark i think i would be more determined to eat more healthily and maintain that lifestyle long term which is why juddd is ideal to retrain my habits but i think if i havent shifted enough by mid september, i'll have to do CD or atkins for a week or 2 to get to my goal weight then juddd again for my long term maintenance.

how are u doing this week hun? x

Thats my thinking too! Give it a real good effort til after my bday (sept 9th) if no real progress im knda left with no choice but to cd for a month maybe to get me through the 11s, im loving this diet ans its definitely something for me but like u kind of, for every 4lbs i gain i only lose 2/3lbs... Which can obv only result in a gain?!
I feel smaller than i weigh - mostly fit in size 12 now etc... But to see my weight not really going down is an issue to me!! I cant lie... Wen i see a 3lb gain after the wkend it makes me frustrated even tho everyone will say it'll go down again it still gets my back up!! Hmmmmmm

But..... Powering through for a few more weeks to see where i end up!! My long term goal is to be 10st 7 by my wedding next june which is about 25lbs away which i really should be able to get off in 9months one way or another!!!

Thats my thinking too! Give it a real good effort til after my bday (sept 9th) if no real progress im knda left with no choice but to cd for a month maybe to get me through the 11s, im loving this diet ans its definitely something for me but like u kind of, for every 4lbs i gain i only lose 2/3lbs... Which can obv only result in a gain?!
I feel smaller than i weigh - mostly fit in size 12 now etc... But to see my weight not really going down is an issue to me!! I cant lie... Wen i see a 3lb gain after the wkend it makes me frustrated even tho everyone will say it'll go down again it still gets my back up!! Hmmmmmm

But..... Powering through for a few more weeks to see where i end up!! My long term goal is to be 10st 7 by my wedding next june which is about 25lbs away which i really should be able to get off in 9months one way or another!!!

yes this is what im driving at too with the gains and losses, every DD for me gets just 1lb loss no matter what the gain has been previously, so obviously if nothing starts shifting at a higher rate on the downs it will result either in a STS if im lucky or a gain which will happen continuously unless some sort of whoosh happens! i think i do need to be patient tho and monitor it over the next few weeks but what panicks me is that ive got another weekend of meals out which is where the big gains come from and then if the following DDs dont produce bigger losses, those gains will just keep on coming! dont know where to draw the line but i cant allow myself to keep creeping up slowly as ill be back in the 10s before i know it. really hoping things will start to turn soon because juddd allows you so much freedom, it'll be a shame not to be able to sustain it :(

Most defintely!! The thought of even returning to the shakes for just one week makes me feel ill!! But like u, i dont wana start creeping back up coz before i know it il be over 15st again!!!!
Im at a wedding saturday so looks of crap food luckily no booze coz im takin the kids n have to drive.
We gotta keep going til at least into september so we can start to see the results! Even tho im
A little heavier in weight iv not put weight on as my clothes either fit the same or in sum cases r looser! Wish i didnt own a set of scales!!!!!!!!

Hiya, popping by to subscribe. Day 4 of JUDDD-ing for me and I haven't dared to weigh myself. Far too scary! I'm just trying to put my faith in it and hope for a loss at the end of the week! X

i know the scales are really not the best way of measuring things although i cant break the habit! i'll defo be following it til september, im sure by then the major changes will have started to take place. i keep forgetting that ive come off a vlcd and just get impatient on times! im having an ID today, had around 500 cals so far and am having a nice meal tonight in bingo, maybe curry and chips which should only total 1500 so hoping that;ll help me balance out and then after my DD tmre, i may be at a tidy weight on course for this week's weigh in :)

Hiya, popping by to subscribe. Day 4 of JUDDD-ing for me and I haven't dared to weigh myself. Far too scary! I'm just trying to put my faith in it and hope for a loss at the end of the week! X

hey hun, welcome to JUDDD and well done on not weighing! i made the decision to weigh every day to monitor it but to be honest im thinking its maybe not the best thing for me now! i'll see what my official weigh in is this week then i might change my weighing strategy! problem is im obsessed with the scales lol! when is ur weigh-in day? x

lumpyandbumpy said:
hey hun, welcome to JUDDD and well done on not weighing! i made the decision to weigh every day to monitor it but to be honest im thinking its maybe not the best thing for me now! i'll see what my official weigh in is this week then i might change my weighing strategy! problem is im obsessed with the scales lol! when is ur weigh-in day? x

Thank you. I'm pretty sure if I saw massive gains it'd scare me in to permanent down days which would be pretty miserable :D I am normally guilty of scale hopping and letting it determine my mood. I'm thinking Saturday...maybe never :D X

Back