Team 13 - Shape Shifters Official Thread

Didn't answer all the questions, did I? lol
The results should really be done Thursday but, as you weigh in Thursday or Friday, just as soon as you have them :)

Well here's hoping this friday will be a better one for me. Since writing I took the 2 younger ones (we also have an 11 year old we foster) to see "Igor" - it was dreadful and hte good thing is I cat-napped all the way through !
Will catch up later in the week x

Morning :)
Just had my first shake. I'm supposed to be finishing my first NVQ unit and getting washing and housework done before it's back to work tomorrow :(
Will be taking ds and dh shopping for new school shoes and trousers. I need to find some smart trousers that fit too :)
Will be back later. Hope you all have a good day :)

Well its all very busy here - 7 sitting for lunch - I decided its too difficult to sit with a shake so I "ate" before lunch and sneaked off to here. I'm a fly on the wall. Its very interesting to hear family members explain "my diet" to visitors and hear them relish in the weight I've lost ..all in sausages ie 8 sausages equals one pound so I've lost 368 sausages.....:)
Happy lazy Sunday afternoon fellow team members ..and one and all x

So, is that 344 sausages for me? :)
Busy day here. Been shopping for more trousers that don't fall down :) Got my ds new coat, school trousers and shoes, signed up for Sky HD, collected in my Avon brochures, cooked roast lamb and we took ds to an indoor play area for an hour. I sat and did some more of my NVQ while dh relaxed with a coffee :)

Sorry just nosy but I've been looking at HD but it cost about £10 per month more plus new box - is that still the same or are they doing offers ?
I've had an ok day 2 shakes down one to go and I've just been for a "run" - well walk 3 mins run 2 mins for 5 times (ha ha its more like fall in a heap ) but I'm getting very slightly better !!

Very impressed about your trousers - I can't wait to run out of clothes :)

Well done you! :)
Sky HD is half price for Oct. So, £75 for box, plus £30 installation for existing cutomers and £10 extra per month for HD mix subscription.
We've wanted it simce it was £299+360 to install but I refused to pay that! :)

oohh worth looking out for then - I'd love it but as you say not at megabuck prices.
thanks n here's to a good week :)

Morning ALL!! I hope that you all had a great weekend.

Imac - welcome - you have some incredible weight loss over the last few months - I hope that I can acheive half of what you have.

Amanda - Good luck on your NVQ work!! studying is hard enough without all the snacks - but you seem to be doing great.

Well the weekend was great for me. I am really trying to focus on a big Weight loss this week. I have started to do some exercise.

I walked to our local high street and back - clocked up about 7000 steps which was great and to be honest I really enjoyed it - not getting road rage and having to look for a car park space. I also spent less as I Knew that I would have to carry it all home ...LOL

Sunday we went swimming with the kids - I managed to get a few lengths in so I was pleased. I have a stepper so only managed about 500 steps over the weekend - but I suppose thats better then nothing.

I have also started to do some sit ups with one of those stretcing contraptions!! ( where you put your feet in and then pull in a sit up position)

I have cooked loads over the weekend - I am really trying to make all the meals healthier - I want to ease this in to our life for when I can start to eat - Which is a long way off :(. So have done some stir frys and introduced couscous - with roasted vegtables - to my surprise the kids loved it.. It is so ironic that since i started this diet ( about 4 weeks ago) my husband has lost about 8lbs? ( all done to the healthier eating and no bad snacks) - but weight does just fall off hi m!!

I hope that you all had a great weekend!!

Hi All,

Just realised I have never really introduced Myself to you all.

So here goes
I am 32 years old and a British Asian ( My parents are from India but I was born here)
I am married with 3 children - 2 boys and a girl (10,7,5)
I live in Berkshire
I am an Financial Accounting Manager and work for buildings company.

When I got married 13 years ago I was 10st - I had never been a big girl but when I had my first son at 22 the weight started to creep up. I had all 3 of my children within 5 years so I never really lost my pregnancy weight from each child before having another.

By the time I had my third child my weight had crept up to 12st - but I was still ok about it - as I kept saying " oh well I have had children"

The last few years have been very stressful at work and it is really difficult being a working mother !! But my Husband has always been great with the kids - He is an accountant as well so he understands the pressures of work... However over the summer I randomly weighed myself and I had hit 13.5 stones - which is obese for my height which is only 5.2..

I was having difficulty getting up the stairs and I hated exercise - but I loved to eat - and over time I realised that I was a comfort eater...

I went to the doctors for a checkup and my BP was at a high level and the doctor did scare me and say that I may need to go on medication... I was really scared as I was only 31 years old!!

So over our holiday we looked at our lives and the real problems that were causing my helath problems were the 2 "w" - Work and Weight. So the first thing I tackled was work - I found a new role - which is more flexible (for the kids) and pays more but is less pressurised. ( I am working my notice period out at the moment ( start new role on 1st Dec) It is such a relief - I did not realise how stressed I used to get at work. Next was my weight. A collegue of mine started the Lighterlife diet and she has lost an incredible 2.5 stones in 8 weeks... I looked in to it it is expensive - but I did not want to do the couseling sessions - I know why I overeat and I know what I need to do - I am soo convinced the my work lifestyle had a lot to do with my weight gain ( fast food , cause you are too tired to cook and comfort eating to help with the stress).

So I looked in to the cambridge diet - which suited me better.

I started on the 17th September with a starting weight of 13s3lbs and officially I have lost 12lbs in 3 weeks. - My next weigh in is Tomorrow so hopefully I would have clocked another few pounds. My ideal weight is 9st6 - but I would be really happy to get to 10st. I am SS and have not had any real slipups. So hopefully I will hit my target weight In December ( hopefully before Xmas)

Well there is a little about me... hope I did not bore you....

Speak to you all soon P

hi guys sorry not been online since thurs, was off sick fri and dont know where the weekend went too, so i lost 1.5 so thats good the slower it comes off i guess better chance i have of keeping it off
got bars for first time and they are actually nice, just need to eat them slowly, so heres to a good week for us all

HI Skinny lala - weldone on your weight loss.. I hope that you are feeling better now!!

thanks pretika how r u doing in such a dash not time to read thread proper, good luck

Yeah I know it is all Go GO GO.

Hope you all have had a good day so far - Will try to get online Tonight - Might have to push my son off the internet.

Weigh in Tomorrow - So I am going to try and do some more exercise Tonight. . . Even if the scales dont say what I want them to - I know that I am getting slimmer.... I sorted my wardrobe yesterday - and I am now getting to clothes that i could not in even last week....

Hope to catch up with you all soon

Love
P

I'm not expecting great things this week. Had to do an emergency run to my sisters, man trouble, to try to help her out. So plan went out of the window for the weekend. Now I am suffering from IBS, must be due to rubbish I ate at the weekend.
So I'll get today over and crack on and hope I have a good loss next week.
Sorry, its not good for the team, I will do better next week promise. :break_diet:

Hi everyone :)

Didn't realise you had been ill when I replied to your message Skinnylala. Glad you're better now and well done on your loss :)

Magliz, don't worry about the weekend. Draw a line under it and move on :)

Nice to meet you Pretike ;) Thank you for telling us a bit about yourself. I promise I will do the same at some point this week but am seriously behind with all my chores for tonight :(

Speak later :)

Hi All just checking who is about. Hope you all have a great evening -

seems no one is around Tonight - no worries will try and catch up tom. will let youknow how WI goes, keep your fingers crossed.

Seeya

P

Back